• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Sorry for throwing in an unrelated topic, but I've been rather confused lately. Exactly what status is the U.S. in regarding same-sex marriage? The conflict has been turbulent lately, I can't keep up. >.<

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Sorry for throwing in an unrelated topic, but I've been rather confused lately. Exactly what status is the U.S. in regarding same-sex marriage? The conflict has been turbulent lately, I can't keep up. >.<

At least for now it is up to the States. The striking down of DOMA though has made it so couples can receive federal benefits, which DOMA would not allow, instead of just State benefits. Most States still don't recognize same-sex marriage, but acceptance has been picking up more momentum than before.

Cus I hate double-posting, I told my best friend I was trans* a week or so ago. His reaction was just as positive as my mom's if not more so.

Last edited:
Years
Can I just say how much I like the term "ace?"

And congrats, Aeon/TéaQQ! You've got a good friend there.

And the whole status thing in the US is that the overarching federal level of the government is okay with same-sex marriage. So things that typically involve the federal government (like the military, federal taxes, immigration, etc.) are all going to be okay if you're legally married. Only trouble is that you can only be married in a minority of states. So, like, if you lived in New York, and wanted to marry someone from New Zealand and bring them over to the US you could do like that any straight married couple. There's only a weird grey area if you then decided to move states to one where they don't allow same-sex marriage. No one is sure what would happen then since you were legally married in one state, but are now living in another. States traditionally have recognized marriages from other states, but who knows if that's how this will play out.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
There's only a weird grey area if you then decided to move states to one where they don't allow same-sex marriage. No one is sure what would happen then since you were legally married in one state, but are now living in another. States traditionally have recognized marriages from other states, but who knows if that's how this will play out.
It depends on the state's laws. Some would recognize a marriage from another state, and some wouldn't. I don't remember which state it was, but one recently changed its laws to not recognize any marriages from other states in response to it becoming federally legal.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I wouldn't worry so much about the US right now and start looking toward other countries. England is the latest domino to fall, not far behind France. The gays are taking over Europe!

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
Europe looks more appealing each and every day. You have epic castles and history, cute boy bands that actually produce good music, tons of crazy other awesome music, they got better tea than we do, and now that sassy french gay guy can get married.

Europe, at least western Europe is a place I want to visit so much

Sadly Russia-Europe and Greece, as well as a lot of eastern countrys all have bad stuff. It is illegal to be openly gay in russia, and if your trans in greece then you are going to be put into a gehtoo similar to what Germany did in WWII

Go western Europe! Please fix eastern erupoe 0u0'

Years
So I just attended my first gay wedding. Sort of.

A sort of friend from several years ago got married a few years ago, but not where it was legal, and she just moved back to California earlier this year, and since it's legal now in California they're now legally married. They had an impromptu party a few hours from where I am and it seemed like a good idea so I went. It was nice. Nothing that looked like a wedding, just people hanging around and eating barbecue.

Years
Out of curiosity, was it a barbeque or was it a grill? Slow-cooked low heat or fast-cooked high heat? :P I just learned this the other day, Canadians get it wrong all the time. Sorry I'm excited at applying newly-learned knowledge XD

Years
I don't really know much about barbecue. All the food was vegan and gluten-free (lots of veggies and fruits on skewers) because one of them is vegetarian (and knows some vegans) and the other is gluten intolerant. That might determine how you should cook it. I dunno. I'm a terrible cook myself.

Oh, and um, here's a RAINBOW to make sure my post is still on topic.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I'd like to attend a gay wedding, unfortunately this is Kansas, and it's not legal here. Which is ironic considering that everyone that I know (mostly) fits into one LGBT category or another. Even if we held a celebration, Westboro would probably show up, like they do to everything else around here. I hate it.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
I've attended a gay wedding, and it was quite fun! They tried more to have fun than make things too serious.

The food was pretty all over the place though, and I ended up with toast points (which I didn't know were a thing) and oysters, which are disgusting ;~;

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
I've always wondered that too....

Also, I've yet to attend a gay wedding, I would like to see how it is and all--men don't throw those flowers in a bunch right? :s

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
  • "I now pronounce you husbands."
  • "I now pronounce you wives."
  • "I now pronounce you human beings in a federally-recognized life partnership, in which you are eligible to receive benefits based on your relationship with each other."

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Maybe something as simple as "I now pronounce you married"? Idk. I never really thought about it before, but now I am wondering what exactly they would say.

I was wondering if anyone here as heard Same Love by Macklemore? It is an amazing song about gay rights and it is all over the radio! The song apparently just went platinum. I think it is great that a song that would have been controversial not too long ago is now a hit. It shows how far we've come. If you haven't heard it, I suggest you listen to it.

Years
Yes. I went to the youtubes thanks to you, and wooooow. It was absolutely amazing!! Macklemore is an absolute wordsmith and it was awesome hearing him express his message ... probably much much better than any of us here XD.

Years
My friend told me about this song. It's good. I'm not much of a rap fan, but I liked it. Interesting that it's a white rapper though. I'm guessing there's too much stigma for a lot of black rappers to do something similar. Maybe that's already happened though, I wouldn't know.

Years
I haven't heard a lot of his music, but from what I've seen, he hits hard at the non-mainstream side of things, so that just where he's coming from. There are black rappers that get at the non-mainstream topics/attitudes as well. I don't feel that there's any real stigma for black rappers. If they want to be mainstream, sure - but that's the same for fitting into any group, you have to go with the flow.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Have you guys heard "All-American Boy" yet? It's an openly gay song about a guy having a crush on another guy.

Lyrics for those that don't want to watch the vid, which you should do...:

Spoiler:

The video's pretty beautiful, and so is the the singer/writer's story. I suggest you look him up.

Back