• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Silvery Sparks!

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
Don't worry, if you don't like the name, team members will be able to vote for a new name.

Anyways, as me, a new face to pokemon hacking and with a hack in the oven, I wanted to make a team, because I know how it feels to be new in this scene. As you might have guessed, I want this team to be a bit more geared to new people, but of course we would love some more experienced faces!
Anyways, here is the form for joining:

[Name/nickname] (Self-Explainitory)
[Experience with Hacking] (List the hacks you have been a part of or have made)
[Skills in hacking] (Mention the stuff you can do best in hacking in general)
[Proof of skills] (Here you would show a pic of some work that you have made, or a video if you have it. You should mention if your proof of work came from your hack, or someone elses. This is pretty much required. If its a script that you want to show as proof of skills, then please post the script under code tags.)
[Specific Professions] (Here you can mention how good you are with a certain program or task, such as editing .s files so they'd sound better in the game)
[Methods of contact] (Must include at least one here, can be through this forum, email, or an IM messenger. If you'd like to keep information private, just PM me and I'll keep it confidential)
[Why did you join] (This is here because I want to know!)
[Stuff to share] (If you have anything that can be of use in rom hacking, such as edited sprites, or certain programs, then please list them here)

Generally those who join this team are for those who want to help other people with their hacks and for people to get help with the hacks they are making. Members here must help peers, but then again, we can't all ask the same person for multiple tasks, nor spamming requests for help. Members can either do something for a person, or just teach a person a basics of what they want to do (Like either hex edit something for them, or teach them how to hex edit).

ToDo:
*Make banners for team members
*Try to be able to make someplace we can all communicate, like with IRC or a XAT group or something.

Member Wishlist (If we can get anyone with these skills, then that would be very nice, but not needed):
*Ability to edit music for hacks, whether it be inserting tracks, getting them assigned to certain events, or looping them.
*Knowledge of Hex Editing
*Ability to make userbars and banners (since this team needs them)
*Skilled at scripting

And that is pretty much it for now. Even I can provide some help to others (I can convert MP3s to MIDI and I have skills with Mapping and Spriting), so lets just all be a nice group of friends and go for it man!

Last edited:

lazinicki

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
[Name/nickname] lazinicki
[Experience with Hacking] Pokemon Blazing Garnet
[Skills in hacking] Mapping, Tranier Editing, Mapping,
[Specific Professions] A-Map, A-Tranier, A-Mart, A-Text
[Methods of contact] [email protected]
[Why did you join] Because i want to become more experinced and pass on what i know to newer people
[Stuff to Share] Other than ideas nothing Specific

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
Ok Lazinicki, congrats on being the first person to join the team!
I assume here we would discuss ideas about the stuff that we are doing. Currently I am doing a sprite edit for the exDelta Species hack by pogeygothaxed. I plan on making/editing maps for my hack soon, as I want that Alpha out pretty soon, as I plan for it to come out when I am done up to Vermillion City.
Anyways, maybe by this weekend I can make banners and such with Gimp. I have no idea how to make userbars though. I can always try.

lazinicki

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
Cool, i have no clue either :-(

am good at the in game stuff not the Banner making :-(

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
Years
Name: Gimmepienow or Xac for short (I use the name on other forums)
Experience with Hacking: My only experience is with the programs, I have never made an actual hack but we all have to start at this point right?
Skills in Hacking: Mapping, Scripting, I can't do banners but I have experience with computer animation and I'll learn how on the internet and I'm learning how to use other kinds of tools.
Methods of Contact: Give me a Personal Message here, I would give my Email address but I don't give it to people I don't know personally (I'm sure you guys won't send spam or viruses but if I give it to you I have to give it to everybody)
Why I want to Join: I want to get in to the Computer Engineering industry when I get out of school and this could be a good start for early experience!
Stuff to Share: I have no specifics on the top of my head .

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
Name: Gimmepienow or Xac for short (I use the name on other forums)
Experience with Hacking: My only experience is with the programs, I have never made an actual hack but we all have to start at this point right?
Skills in Hacking: Mapping, Scripting, I can't do banners but I have experience with computer animation and I'll learn how on the internet and I'm learning how to use other kinds of tools.
Methods of Contact: Give me a Personal Message here, I would give my Email address but I don't give it to people I don't know personally (I'm sure you guys won't send spam or viruses but if I give it to you I have to give it to everybody)
Why I want to Join: I want to get in to the Computer Engineering industry when I get out of school and this could be a good start for early experience!
Stuff to Share: I have no specifics on the top of my head .
Very interesting to know that you are actually connecting ROM Hacking with your future career. Very interesting and wise indeed.
Now normally I'd ask for proof of skills, but we just started, and since its not like there is any lack of space, I really shouldn't complain, so yeah, you are in :)
About your scripting skills, what scripts do you know? Do you know any advanced scripts that aren't covered in standard tuts? I'd just like to know.

shaygonnagon

Master Trainer and a Hacker
Years
[Name/nickname] Shaygonnagon/Shay
[Experience with Hacking] Actually my first hack I had a lot of fail hacks but I got to understand some skills
[Skills in hacking] basic scriptng, good mapper(but connecting, never learned it), trainer editor
[Specific Professions]A-Map, A-trainer, XSE
[Methods of contact] [email protected] (made it for just hacking :P)
[Why did you join] Its like the guy who applied before me. I want to go into university to become a game developer. and this would be an awesome experience!
[Stuff to share]

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
TehBazzard, shouldn't you have a "Proof of Work" thing in the Application? You might end up receiving a guy who only thinks he's good...

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
TehBazzard, shouldn't you have a "Proof of Work" thing in the Application? You might end up receiving a guy who only thinks he's good...
Yeah now that I think about it. I'll go edit the post, but for everyone else who has already joined, then I guess I should excuse them. Still, it wouldn't hurt to see some screenies of some peoples work.
[Name/nickname] Shaygonnagon/Shay
[Experience with Hacking] Actually my first hack I had a lot of fail hacks but I got to understand some skills
[Skills in hacking] basic scriptng, good mapper(but connecting, never learned it), trainer editor
[Specific Professions]A-Map, A-trainer, XSE
[Methods of contact] [email protected] (made it for just hacking :P)
[Why did you join] Its like the guy who applied before me. I want to go into university to become a game developer. and this would be an awesome experience!
[Stuff to share]
Yeah, I've seen about those many hacks that didn't work out, lol. I understand of how people can just run out of ideas or move on to something that seems more promising. I don't like how everyone grills you for that around here.
Well, welcome to the team Shay! I hope you enjoy your time here. I have one question though, because I need help with this, do you know how to edit what songs play when you fight trainers?
In fact if anyone else knows that I'd appreciate the help. Also, while I was at the dentist, I theorized some ideas for the team as in terms for banners. I would like us to vote on a certain theme though. Any suggestions? I was thinking Magnezone, as its silver colored, and electric based.
EDIT:Application form updated. Thanks 5qwerty for the suggestion.

Last edited:

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
Years
Very interesting to know that you are actually connecting ROM Hacking with your future career. Very interesting and wise indeed.
Now normally I'd ask for proof of skills, but we just started, and since its not like there is any lack of space, I really shouldn't complain, so yeah, you are in :)
About your scripting skills, what scripts do you know? Do you know any advanced scripts that aren't covered in standard tuts? I'd just like to know.

I'm experimenting with the advanced generation games and I can rescript almost all of FireRed with the exception of things like the main menu but I don't see a reason why you would want to change that though. I don't know if Leaf Green is diffrent but I'll try it out and I can't change any script passed Littleroot Town in Ruby, like I said before, I don't know if Sapphire or Emerald are different but I'll check them out when I have the chance.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
I'm experimenting with the advanced generation games and I can rescript almost all of FireRed with the exception of things like the main menu but I don't see a reason why you would want to change that though. I don't know if Leaf Green is diffrent but I'll try it out and I can't change any script passed Littleroot Town in Ruby, like I said before, I don't know if Sapphire or Emerald are different but I'll check them out when I have the chance.
Wow, almost all of FireRed! Thats very nice considering that I find editing pre-existing script harder than making new script. Very nice and useful indeed. Now while I don't know how LeafGreen and Sapphire are different than the other versions, I heard that they are. Emerald is definetly different though.

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
Years
Wow, almost all of FireRed! Thats very nice considering that I find editing pre-existing script harder than making new script. Very nice and useful indeed. Now while I don't know how LeafGreen and Sapphire are different than the other versions, I heard that they are. Emerald is definetly different though.

Well, recently I checked LeafGreen and there is a difference, I compared the two and LeafGreen let's you change a LOT of different script that FireRed didn't allow you to do, as for, Emerald and Sapphire, I'm having troubles with the ROMs and can't check the amount of changable script so don't go partying yet. And I tried getting proof of my experience but my computer doesn't agree with screen capturing programs and I REALLY don't want to use a camera to take a picture of my computer screen

Last edited:

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
Well, recently I checked LeafGreen and there is a difference, I compared the two and LeafGreen let's you change a LOT of different script that FireRed didn't allow you to do, as for, Emerald and Sapphire, I'm having troubles with the ROMs and can't check the amount of changable script so don't go partying yet.
I can only assume that since LeafGreen can let you change script that FireRed wouldn't let you, there could be some cases where thats the opposite.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
Whoops! My mistake, I just noticed that the text dump is arranged differently in LeafGreen than in FireRed, so they're both the same
Oh ok then. Heh, discoveries.
Anyways, in my hack, I want to make it easy for players to find out what the changes are. Usually by new NPCs mentioning said things. You know that part in Vermillion City where the guy was plotting out land right? Well a building will be there thats like a library of sorts that provides info on the changes.

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
Years
That is a good idea, but one thing about hacking games is that you can't add things that were never originally there so we'll have to use a building that's already in the game and move it there, preferably a place that isn't vital to the game. I've done that before in my own hacks.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
That is a good idea, but one thing about hacking games is that you can't add things that were never originally there so we'll have to use a building that's already in the game and move it there, preferably a place that isn't vital to the game. I've done that before in my own hacks.
Well there was no library in FR. Closest I know is the Trainers School, so I'll be basing it off that.

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
Years
Well there was no library in FR. Closest I know is the Trainers School, so I'll be basing it off that.

I would just use a non-needed building that's already in Vermilion and change the tile-set mapping. That way all you need to do is move the original building's warp event rather than adding a new warp event all together. Just a suggestion, do what you want.

Back