• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Tutorials: Scripting (In HD Video Form!)

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
Years
urrrgh, okay i followed everything, but when i go to talk to the fat guy (who i applied the script too) nothing happens

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2010
Thank you , for this tutorial . Plese say this script are working in Pokemon Fire Red -

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x01 goto $done
message $talk
$talk 1 = This is for you .
boxset 6
givepokemon 198 5 0x0
setflag 0x1200
release
end

#org $done
message $noob
$noob 1 = Good bye .
boxset 6
release
end

SiegHart

Guardian of Time
Years
Thank you , for this tutorial . Plese say this script are working in Pokemon Fire Red -

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x01 goto $done
message $talk
$talk 1 = This is for you .
boxset 6
givepokemon 198 5 0x0
setflag 0x1200
release
end

#org $done
message $noob
$noob 1 = Good bye .
boxset 6
release
end

i see nothing wrong with that at all, it should work unless im missing something

Maxzeroedge

Ready for simply anything
Years
well won't it give Pokemon each time you talk?
And how to prevent it if it does so? (been pondering over it for weeks now!!)

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
Years
i love these scripting tuts...
what will follump do next?
mapping?
Inserting OW sprites? (i need a video for this one especially)

darn it! it still isn't working. :(
when ever i go into that Buf Rite thing you have something that says $talk andthen $script
i only get $script

Last edited:

SiegHart

Guardian of Time
Years
i love these scripting tuts...
what will follump do next?
mapping?
Inserting OW sprites? (i need a video for this one especially)

darn it! it still isn't working. :(
when ever i go into that Buf Rite thing you have something that says $talk andthen $script
i only get $script

did u make sure there are no typos in it o.o, post ur script in a spoiler and maybe i can help

legendaryhacker101

Legendary Master
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2009
Hey I am new to this I watched all your tutorials and am trying to enter a wild batlle script for the Pokemon Ho-Oh. When i put it in the game all it does is do the cry and then the screen fades and does nothing could you help me.

Heres the script

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 79
#raw 0x33
pause 0x30
message $cry
$cry 1 = Ho-oh: Ho-ohhhhhhhhh!
boxset 6
wildbattle 250 70 1
pause 0x70
fadescreen 1
removesprite 1
setflag 0x1211
pause 0x10
fadescreen 0
release
end

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Hey I am new to this I watched all your tutorials and am trying to enter a wild batlle script for the Pokemon Ho-Oh. When i put it in the game all it does is do the cry and then the screen fades and does nothing could you help me.

Heres the script

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 79
#raw 0x33
pause 0x30
message $cry
$cry 1 = Ho-oh: Ho-ohhhhhhhhh!
boxset 6
wildbattle 250 70 1
pause 0x70
fadescreen 1
removesprite 1
setflag 0x1211
pause 0x10
fadescreen 0
release
end

Make sure that you have the pokescript database from lesson 4, and that you set the person's id to 1211 in advance map.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for any more lessons or any other tutorials at all? I'm up for mapping tutorials and such.

SiegHart

Guardian of Time
Years
Make sure that you have the pokescript database from lesson 4, and that you set the person's id to 1211 in advance map.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for any more lessons or any other tutorials at all? I'm up for mapping tutorials and such.

i vote for a move camera tutorial =D, and maybe level scripts if its possible this way

legendaryhacker101

Legendary Master
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2009

Yeah I did all that and its still not working Arrgh. Anyways I think its my advance map because my game has sprites that i deleted and they wont go away so... It sucks. I vote for making a gym leader or elite 4 trainer. Dpes it matter that I am using Pokemon Emerald instead of Fire Red because I think its not letting me remove sprites or wild battle codes because i tried to do the event after another event in Lesson 6 and that wouldn't work either.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2010
Is there any way to chan how an itemsorksile iwant to makeitso I can catch rainer pokemon like wild pokemon with a certain ball cause I want to make a rocket game

Thanks

Jemzx

Guardian Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2010
Is there a movement script in wich makes walk into a warp and appear in another place??

Like professor OAK's event...

pspdude

:o super shinx?
Years
[REQUEST] Hey foullump can you make some tuts on how to make camera scripts, and event scripts? (ex: oak bring you in thr bulding and gives you the pokemon bla bla and ya)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Maybe you could make a lesson on some things you didn't do like move camera scripts,
healing scripts, etc...
Anyway, when I make a script for the proffessor to give me a pokemon, he gives me
one, but when I open the menu where the "Pokemon" option should be, theres no Pokemon
option to access it's summary, just like when I didn't have a pokemon.
But when I go into tall grass and battle, it's there!
Is that a bug, or do need a script command to make it accessable?

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Maybe you could make a lesson on some things you didn't do like move camera scripts,
healing scripts, etc...
Anyway, when I make a script for the proffessor to give me a pokemon, he gives me
one, but when I open the menu where the "Pokemon" option should be, theres no Pokemon
option to access it's summary, just like when I didn't have a pokemon.
But when I go into tall grass and battle, it's there!
Is that a bug, or do need a script command to make it accessable?

It's very simple. Just put 'setflag 0x828'

355jt

Backin too Hackin
Years
  • NY
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
Man this was the best tutorial i ever watched and now i get scripts completly

Back