• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokémon was set in Australia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Do you know how long it will take to get to one town to another based on your map? All the regions so far are in Japan, so imagine a game where you explore the whole of Australia which is many times bigger.

there could be seperate events that happen and make travelling easy.
and i love the map :)

Years
I really like the idea, it seems like a cool idea, however the routes would be massive and you'd be skipping all the smaller towns across Australia like Mildura and Bordertown and all that jazz, but if you could simplify it heaps and just make a region loosely based off Australia it would work great. I like the Pokémon League being in Canberra, too. Great idea.

Just one problem, why is Brisbane bigger than Melbourne? Just geographically wise Melbourne has a larger population, so Sydney and Melbourne should probably have the two town-things-on-the-map-where-it-looks-like-a-square. But yeah, great idea.

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
Years
True that NZ and AUS is different. But NZ is significantly smaller so it could be used as a BF.

And there could be some train system implemented to make distances shorter.
The routes could start and thered be grass and all the normal stuff but then a train station that would cut more than half of the distance away.

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
Years
Great idea! Australia, as a Pokemon region? Beautiful! The range of terrians... wow.
The train idea is interesting. I like the sound of it.
New Zeland should be an event island, or special one, after the main game.

Years
This would be awesome if they actually made this, although it will likely never happen, but there could be a Safari Zone instead of Australia Zoo, and the range of pokemon and terrains! Oh my god! I want to go exploring now.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
We can scale, though. Australia doesn't have to be that big, we can say it's slightly bigger than Kanto, because regions are scaled down anyway.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
I think I've mentioned before the maps are based on elevation, not terrain.

But the Khangaskan line would definitely be expanded upon if they were in the Aussie game.

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
Years
What would it be like? What new Pokémon would there be? What would the trainers be like? Would specialties would the towns have? What changes would you make to this map (I'll update it as suggestions are given.)

[If you like the map, please favourite it on deviant art]

I personally think it would be remarkably similar to Hoenn.

Discuss!

AAAaaahhhhhHHH!!!!! it looks awesome man! it feels like i really wanna go play and explore there right now! You're the best! Come to think of it, the sinnoh region looks similar to australia dont you think? I mean its a huge island too isnt it?
Mmm i dont know much about australia and its cities all i know is where Sydney is LOL. But i have this idea... You can get the ability of using Surf in the big city that is at the very top. Then you can cross the water on the right and get to the other town. And then get the Dive HM ability afterwards (BTW love this HM is my favorite) and explore the ocean sorrounding the island and the coral reefs woohooo!!!! (I beleive diving is a popular activity in Australia isn't it?, upps or maybe not, aren't there TOO many SHARKS?!). There can also be more small towns and roads that penetrate through the deserts and forests even if they dont actually exist, that way you can explore more of its environments. I wish I could help more is very interesting.

Also a southamerica region sounds good too! Yeah the Amazon! (But it will be filled with carvanhas LOL) Why dont you make a map like that one too?!

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Thank-you!

You're right, diving is popular here, and that was quite a fun HM. I loved the first time I went underwater and found Pokébattles with underwater Pokémon.

Because I'm a huge fan of sea-life and underwater in general.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
I'm not interested in any large "world-wide" projects using this.
I've been approached dozens of times already and I just really don't care what they're doing.
If someone was making a game set in Australia, it would be different, or at least a worldwide game where Australia is a single league. For some reason I hate the idea of it being split in to states.

Anyway, Melbourne is a nice city, but I figured Hobart is the perfect size for a starting town, since it's a capital city but it's not huge at all.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
ALL IN FAVOR OF A POKEMON AUSTRALIA ROLEPLAY SAY "I" and maybe some other stuff to bypass the character limit.

rockets>u

The Champion of on-and-off
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 27, 2011
Instead of battling team Rocket/aqua/whatever, we can battle bogans!

Catch a few Mareeps in NZ.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In Australia, the Pokemon there would be varied, predominantly desert Pokemon. Kangaskhan and Psyduck would be prime candidates as Pokemon residents as well as Cacnea and Cacturne. The trainers there would specialize in Rock or Ground Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back