• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Keldo/Blastoise

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Since i got another blastoise and its evolutions i thought i would put together the Keldeo and blastoise deck. Not really sure what else is suppose to be in it, but i modified it to my playstyle.

Pokemon: 16
3-2-2 Blastoise
2x Alomomola
1x Keldeo (Hydropump)
1x Keldeo EX
2x Cryogonal (Call Sign)
2-1 Milotic (Clear Search)

Trainers: 23
1x Town Map
2x Skyla
1x N
1x Cheren
1x Juniper
3x Energy Retrievals
1x Super Energy Retrieval
3x Pokemon Communication
2x Energy Switch
1x Computer Search
1x Escape Rope
1x Pokemon Circulator
1x Switch
1x Revive
1x Giant Cape
1x Eviolite

Energy: 20
20x Water Energy

I have 2 more slot in my deck for something. Not sure what else to put in. I had a level ball, but i found that it didnt help me find most of my pokemon. Only cryogonal and my pre-evolutions. Maybe replace it with greatballs or energy searches to allow me to use skyla to pull energy if i really need it. Though i really need cilans.

Basic Strat is to use my hydropumpers and keldeo to hit hard while blastoise supplies with energy (obviously). Cryogonal is used to help search for pokemon i might be missing for setup. Milotic is really helpful to pick up extra energy or quickly put together blastoise on my bench. It usually gets 2 turns before it goes down and thats really all i need.

Any suggestions for deck editing?

Years
Those 2 slots could easily go to 2 more Juniper.

Which could then allow you to add 1 more Juniper and a couple more Sklya, Cheren, or Catcher (or maybe even 2 of each of all 3!) by reducing your energy count to 14-16 and then adding in more Keldeo EX in place of the Alomomola.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Yeah trainer cards is something i really lack. At least any good ones. I have pretty much all the support cards i have in this deck already, minus 2 hughs.

Eitherway, atm my energy count works really well for me. My roommate is playing around with an all basic deck, rainbow deck. Most of the pokemon in his deck have 100+ hp so the abundance is really nice so i can just slap it down and mow them down. At one point i had 7 energy on Keldeo EX, just to take down a Landorous EX with a rocky helm and ended up double KOing and still having enough energy in my hand to drop it on blastoise for the win.

I think my deck could really use another Feebas/Milotic so i can drop the Cryogonals and like 2 or 3 Cilans to make the Skylas and Comp search i have, really help me out of a tight spot when i run out of energy. Instead of using either of those to pull one energy or take a chance on Cher/Juniper.

Though you may be right. My deck does recycle energy pretty well with the energy retrievals. So i might be able to take a few out.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I don't really use much supporters to be honest. I usually end up using skyla to find cilan and then use him next turn. Or comp search. Cause once i get everything up and running, all i need is energy. Usually my early turns go.

Turn 1: Search for Milotic (feebas if i lack that).
Turn 2: Clear Search Squirtle, Blastoise, and Wartortle. (Or Cilan if i start with a squirtle on the bench or something in my hand.
Turn 3: Clear Search for 1 or 2 Keldeo, town map, an additional Cilan, or something else. Drop a Squirtle or wartortle depending on what i have out. Use Cilan.
Turn 4: Drop blastoise and murder things with the keldeos. Use Cilan.

Though i have found out that Frozen City will just destroy my deck. I have to run a Stadium card to counter it. Atm its sky arrow bridge. I could use the poison one, but i gave my roommate the hypnotoxic lasers to use. Also right now he ended up using my Articuno EX, my team plasma Beartics and Umbreons to make a plasma deck with Darkrai EX that with Frozen City. Completely shuts my deck down.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Funny coincidence. I just traded a few townmaps for 2 rare candies. Though i'm starting to run out of deck space and could only fit one. I will repost my new deck with all the fun trades i got from league.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
My newest setup is this. I have a lot of single cards in my trainer pool. But i feel with Skyla, Comp Search, and Clear Search. It doesn't really matter that much since i constantly search though my deck and make some sort of playable strategy. Though i may need another stadium.

Pokemon: 16
3-2-2 Blastoise
1x Keldeo (Hydropump)
3x Keldeo EX
2x Cryogonal (Call Sign)
2-2 Milotic (Clear Search)

Trainers: 24
1x Town Map
2x Skyla
1x N
2x Cilan
1x Juniper
2x Energy Retrievals
1x Colress
1x Bianca
1x Pokemon Catcher
1x Switch
1x Computer Search
1x Escape Rope
1x Pokemon Circulator
1x Switch
1x Revive
1x Super Scoop Up
1x Rare Candy
1x Eviolite
1x Tool Scrapper
1x Float Stone
1x Skyarrow bridge

Energy: 19
19x Water Energy

You think its a good idea to drop a wartortle since i added a rare candy, so i can add another basic to my deck? I'm thinking Miltank. It would be nice to all damage from a Keldeo if i ever need to.

Years
Running a single copy of all those trainers does not sit well with me simply because of consistency concerns, and consistency is crucial.

I'd not take out a Wartortle as you've only got 2 Wartortle and only 1 Rare Candy. Maybe if you had another Rare Candy or two.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Well the thing, the way i play it, i play with a very search heavy strategy. It works pretty well and i only lost twice at league, both of which was due to a feebas only start. If i could i would run 3 catchers instead of the 3 switching ones. I would also carry more Ns if i had more and probably drop Bianca. Though its always good to be able to reshuffle my hand into my deck with colress and not affect my opponent. 1 stadium is use to counter frozen city for at least 1 turn. Usually i can prepare really well for one turn energy charge my Keldeos. 1 Tool scrapper is really important for the group that seems to be there. My roommate runs plasma badges for his darkrai in a dark water deck with articuno, umbreon, and beartics. This other person runs rock guard and multiple rocky helms. I would probably drop the eviolite if i had another float stone. Super Scoop Up and switch are just for specific times i need them. I could probably drop the revive for another rare candy for Battle Roads this sat. Since it helps power my almost complete Crobat deck.

Either way i usually have Clear Search going and grab one Skyla just incase so i can call upon any trainer that happens to be not in my prize cards that can help save me in a bad situation. Also it doesnt seem like anyone there uses Hugh or N all that often if at all, so it seems okay to just overload my hand with all the stuff i need.

I also added a Miltank into my deck to replace the Wartortle to help as a secondary cover to frozen city. By just damaging it 40 hp i can fully heal a Keldeo that i probably dropped all my energy onto and probably survives with like 30 hp.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Just went to battle roads last sat and got 4th. Only lost to the guy who got 1st. So this deck isnt too bad.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
so i recently changed this deck again. imo for the better. Though its still kind of weird that it plays without any good supporters.

Pokemon:
3-1-2 Blastoise
1x Kyurem PF
3x Keldeo EX
2x Cryogonal (Call Sign)
2-2 Milotic (Clear Search)
1x Munna BC

Supporters: 9
3x Skyla
2x Cilan
2x Cheren
1x N
1x Ghetsis

Trainers: 16
1x Pokemon Catcher
1x Escape Rope
2x Float Stone
2x Pokemon Center
1x Tool Scrapper
2x Rare Candy
2x Super Scoop Up
1x Town Map
1x Energy Retrieval
1x Superior Energy Retrieval
1x Switch

Energy: 17
17 Water Energy

With the addition of Kyurem it acts aanother counter for Safeguard counter Sygliph, Frozen City, and a good attacker.

Last edited:
Years
Well, Blastoise is kind of an autopilot deck, like that person who wrote the 2012-13 season review at SixPrizes described it as. That's historically been the case for most similar decks. They only need the supporters to get setup, then it's automatic from there.

Of course, I still have qualms about low counts of each Supporter card. :P

Especially with Catcher looking to stick around for another season. :x

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
well i only have 1 N and 1 Ghetsis. When the next set comes out im going to load this deck with the new supporter Caitlin. That card would be amazing for my deck. Being able to cycle through my whole deck really quickly by just putting cards to the bottom of my deck will allow me refresh my hand to ridiculous point. Sometimes i find myself with over 12 cards in hand after a few cherens and cilans, not to mention clear search Milotic. Being able to throw 12 cards to the bottom of my deck in any order i want and then draw 12 new cards would make this deck much better.

Back