• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Order and Chaos

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years

pokemon_chaos_smol_by_rayquaza_dot-db6jcfg.png
Introduction
Okay to start off, hello. I'm Rayquaza., also known as Rayquaza-Dot on DeviantArt.

I've been interested in games development for eleven years and have been on this community since 2011. This game has been development for almost seven - eight years and it has changed drastically over the years. I'm happy to say that I have finally at a point where I'm satisfied with all the resources and details about the game and have recently been able to keep a steady rate of progress.

My aim is to create a fun Pokémon game that is aimed primarily at a more mature audience, allowing the game to take on a more serious, potentially dark and thrilling storyline, that is seldom seen in any of the main series Nintendo Pokémon games you see today.

As of the 11th March, 2016, I am happy to report that there is now a playable demo. The demo features 3 Gyms and will hopefully be updated with more in the coming months.

So without any further adieu I present Pokémon Order & Pokémon Chaos
The Story
We start off in the once beautiful, now corrupt region of Sericoh.

Usually new trainers would receive their first Pokémon at the age of ten or eleven. However, due to a suspected terror attack eighteen years ago on Urbador City - the most populated city in the region - the laws governing Pokémon Trainers were changed. This attack almost destroyed a third of the region and claimed the lives of many innocents.

As a result of the attack, the region was thrust into a state of emergency, the corrupt government passed many laws to keep the region and its people in check, involving a complete region-wide lockdown, preventing anyone entering or leaving Sericoh.

The Pokémon League was eventually forced to increase the age that children could receive a starter Pokémon, reduce the number of new Pokémon Trainers per-year and introduce a scheme for potential Trainers that would test their abilities as Pokémon Trainers.

And now to you: Your seventeenth birthday is right around the corner and when that day arrives, you'll have the opportunity to receive one of three Starter Pokémon. You, along with your two friends, will travel the region, to collect the eight badges of Sericoh and enter the Pokémon League.

That is only a small extent of your future endeavors, however. Throughout your journey you will meet new people, uncover the legend of Sericoh, obtain untold power and discover the truth behind the region's corruption.
Meet the Starter Pokémon

The horse Pokémon, Grassteed, the draco Pokémon, Pyrodrax and the Piranha Pokémon, Hydrish. Pokémon Trainer's who have passed their exams and earned the right to go on an adventure will have the privilege of choosing from one of these three Pokémon to accompany them on their journey.
Team Shadow
A mysterious organised crime syndicate that operates throughout the region.

Sericoh authorities know almost nothing about them but believe them to be incredibly dangerous. Most attempts to capture members of the organisation end in failure but any successful attempts ultimately end in the captured members ingesting cyanide pills.

So far all missions have been strictly covert but recently there have been more and more sightings of individual members. The government keeps any incidences involving the organisation quiet in order to avoid panic. As an indirect result, however, this allows individual members to go about unnoticed in public.
Features
• A Brand-New Region to explore with over 70 new Pokémon
• An exciting story for a more mature audience
• Gameplay determined by one's choices and side quests

Rustling Patches:
• In every route, certain patches of grass will have a chance of rustling.
• If you walk into these rustling patches, you will either get an item or a wild encounter.
• If you encounter a Pokémon in these patches, it has a higher-than-normal chance of being a shiny.
• Items will also have a higher chance of being rare as well, you could get rare candies, nuggets or a regular potion.

Gym Badges & the Pokémon League
Travel around the region to gather the eight Gym Badges to earn your spot the Pokémon League tournament

Compete in 8 rounds of Pokémon battling goodness to claim the title of Pokémon League Champion

Fight through the four toughest Trainers in all of Sericoh to take on the Champion of the region

Screenshots

How You Can Help
You can show your support by sending feedback about the game - How I could improve the story, how I could make the gameplay more exciting, etc.
Downloads
You can download the Demo for Pokémon Chaos Here!

Please note that this demo is now two years old and does not contain any fakemon. It is also no longer being updated as a new demo is currently in the works, hopefully in 2018/2019.
Demo 2018
In late 2018/mid 2019 a new demo is planned for release. Date TBD. In the next demo you can expect the following:
• A good range of fakemon
• A custom soundtrack
• A revisited and refined story
• 5+ Gyms
• An enormous graphical overhaul
• Numerous bug fixes

Additionally, along with the release of the demo, a link to a questionnaire will be provided to evaluate the overall player experience and make changes accordingly for future updates/releases. This questionnaire is voluntary and anonymous, and will simply assess the overall experience by having the player rank several aspects of the game from 1 to 5, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.

At this current point in time, it is unlikely that a new demo will be released before the end of 2018.
Credits
Pokemon Essentials:
• Flameguru
• Poccil (Peter O.)
• Maruno
• Luka S.J.
• MiDas Mike
• Brother1440
• Near Fantastica
• FL.
• PinkMan
• Genzai Kawakami
• Popper
• help-14
• Rataime
• IceGod64
• SoundSpawn
• Jacob O. Wobbrock
• the__end
• KitsuneKouta
• Venom12
• Lisa Anthony
• Wachunga

Elite Battle System:
• Luka S.J.
• Maruno
• PinkCatDragon
• Tebited15
• Eli
• lilatraube
• PinkCatDragon
• BadSamaritan
• Pokecheck.org
• Spriters-Resource.com
• GameFreak

Graphics and Scripts:
• KleinStudio
• WaterTrainer
• FireBirdsnIceDragons
• Magiscarf
• princess-phoenix
• Ultimospriter
• SailorVicious/Heavy-Metal-Lover
• Ankokou Flare
• PokeFan41
• Enterbrain
• Nintendo

Also a big thanks to Achromatic for the thread CSS templates, from which this thread was adapted.

Pokémon is owned by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo, affiliated with Game Freak
This is a non-profit fan-made game made solely out of love for the franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Last edited:
Years
Nice! I really like the story of the game and how it incorporates elements of the hoenn region (which is my favorite). I'm looking forward to the progress of this game. Keep it up!

Rayquaza.

Years
Currently the starter Pokemon are Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip. The starter choice currently is open to public opinion. The only other set of starters in the game are the Unova starters but there could be any combination within reason.

Years
You mentioned there are 160 obtainable pokemon. Are those going to be taken from all 5 generations??

About the starters, why not try a different combination of starters. The fire,water,grass is pretty generic. Don't get me wrong i LOVE the hoenn starters(treeko specifically). But how about this combination: Flying, Rock, Fighting. Flying is weak to rock, rock is weak to fighting, fighting is weak to flying. Possible starters: Natu, Mankey, Cranidos. All evolve late 20s or so. I'm not saying this is the only combination but that it would be refreshing to have a well planned change like that.

Years
Currently the starter Pokemon are Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip. The starter choice currently is open to public opinion. The only other set of starters in the game are the Unova starters but there could be any combination within reason.

May I suggest some different pokemon trio instead of fire-water-grass?

(such as flying-ice-fighting)
Also, may I suggest you put more than just 3 pokemon in? You should give a slightly bigger array to choose from. (Such as mine allows you to choose from more than 12 pokemon)

Finally, with the menu I gave you it is possible to move the icon of the current menu selection more to the right changing some of the variables I put up for customization. (I am only saying this as I didn't notice the icon at first until I re-looked at the menu)

Rayquaza.

Years
sounds like a game i would play wheres the download link?

This game has undergone so many changes since the last thread, a fair amount of progress has been made; but it is too soon for a demo currently... I have too much on my mind. I merely opened this thread again to get some discussion going while I was offline.

You mentioned there are 160 obtainable pokemon. Are those going to be taken from all 5 generations??

About the starters, why not try a different combination of starters. The fire,water,grass is pretty generic. Don't get me wrong i LOVE the hoenn starters(treeko specifically). But how about this combination: Flying, Rock, Fighting. Flying is weak to rock, rock is weak to fighting, fighting is weak to flying. Possible starters: Natu, Mankey, Cranidos. All evolve late 20s or so. I'm not saying this is the only combination but that it would be refreshing to have a well planned change like that.

May I suggest some different pokemon trio instead of fire-water-grass?

(such as flying-ice-fighting)
Also, may I suggest you put more than just 3 pokemon in? You should give a slightly bigger array to choose from. (Such as mine allows you to choose from more than 12 pokemon)

Finally, with the menu I gave you it is possible to move the icon of the current menu selection more to the right changing some of the variables I put up for customization. (I am only saying this as I didn't notice the icon at first until I re-looked at the menu)

Yes, 160 pokemon from all 5 generations, more may be added if necessary.
I appreciate the ideas but I think I'll stick with the Grass, Fire and Water starters for now, I may however mix the generations of starters slightly.

Years
This game has undergone so many changes since the last thread, a fair amount of progress has been made; but it is too soon for a demo currently... I have too much on my mind. I merely opened this thread again to get some discussion going while I was offline.

Yes, 160 pokemon from all 5 generations, more may be added if necessary.
I appreciate the ideas but I think I'll stick with the Grass, Fire and Water starters for now, I may however mix the generations of starters slightly.

Gotcha sounds cool! Maybe: squirtle, cyndaquil, treeko. hahah i'm totally bias because they are my favorite starters. But keep up the awesome work. Looks great!! :)

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I don't care about what you put as starters, I just hope that this project is successful! (I found your old Emerald Legacy thread[credits to Rick1234's signature lol], and none of those downloads worked. Are you starting from scratch or are you building off of Emerald Legacy?)
Good luck!

Rayquaza.

Years
I don't care about what you put as starters, I just hope that this project is successful! (I found your old Emerald Legacy thread[credits to Rick1234's signature lol], and none of those downloads worked. Are you starting from scratch or are you building off of Emerald Legacy?)
Good luck!

Firstly , it used to be called Emerald Legend (But it doesn't really matter what you call it because that name isn't used any more).
Secondly, this game is worked from Emerald Legend but so many changes were made I might have been better-off starting from scratch to be honest, but to answer the question, no, its not from scratch, its continued from E.M, but there is no download link.

Hopefully, with enough progress and whatnot, I should have a demo out by the end of this month.

Also the first post has been updated with up-to-date screenshots.
Lastly, here is a new screenshot for everyone (NOTE: Not completely finished and it IS real):
Spoiler:

Rayquaza.

Years
Why thank you, to everyone who likes this game. Popularity is the main motivation for me to finish this project and release a bug-free game.

Back