• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
Years
And you think 14 year olds don't do good jobs? Tsk tsk. Age is just a number, not a measurement or estimation.

I have heard of it, in fact I'm waiting for registration to commence to see how good it is. I knew of it through Ravenclaw connections. Just a "14 year old", am I?

hahaha, I'm glad you've heard of it, and in no way am I downplaying the importance of being 14... I'm actually friends with the 14 year olds in question. It's just that this project is a very large undertaking, and when you are entrusting very young, relatively inexperienced people with important management roles, I think it is fair to expect more than a few speed bumps.

Also - I have a lot of insider experience with working with these people. I'm not sure if you were aware of/part of the Magic Is Might fb campaign that happened in the lead up to DH2? but I was involved with that, with a lot of the same people, and there were a few management issues there as well. :) hopefully myhogwarts works out though! it could be a lot of fun.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Zeffy said:
But yeah, besides from that it's really not that much of a "unique online experience".

I don't think I'm going to waste any more time getting my hopes up for something that can make me experience the HP world. I've had lot of disappointments due to that. ):

I still think certain game developers have a big opportunity for something like this, once JKR allows it (which no doubt she will at one point). They should take notice. It's as big as the Star Wars franchise.

Nah, all we need is patience. Lots of time. Something will happen. I wouldn't call this an epic failure just yet.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I am a fan of turn-based RPG games. If only somehow it could connect...

But nah, I don't suppose much of the HP fans would appreciate a turn-based HP game. ):

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I still think certain game developers have a big opportunity for something like this, once JKR allows it (which no doubt she will at one point). They should take notice. It's as big as the Star Wars franchise.

Nah, all we need is patience. Lots of time. Something will happen. I wouldn't call this an epic failure just yet.
I really hope you're right.

Such a successful lore shouldn't end here, now. Personally, I'm hoping for a new book on the lore, which will subsequently lead to more. Or an anime adaptation of the first seven, as previously stated (though that's not as broadly accepted).

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I want more books too! I mean, J.K. Rowling is still there, I bet she didn't lost her touch yet. :/

Years
I want more books too! I mean, J.K. Rowling is still there, I bet she didn't lost her touch yet. :/
Seconded~!

I mean the golden trio has children, yes? :P

EDIT: On another note, Pottermore has dueling back up again! It's time for the world to taste some extreme Ravenclaw wand-powah! AVADA KEDAVRA, ha!! >:3

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Dueling is back? Cool. *goes to see the new ranks*

Did anyone get a survey invite from Pottermore? I thought that was weird...

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I particularly want a book in which details are shown into Harry's adventures as an auror. That should be cool enough for me to wet my pants. xD

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
Years
Meowww... I'm going to start actually using Pottermore again, now that duelling is back up.
Everyone add me: QuaffleFlight136 :)

Chantelle

Pikachu Trainer
Years
What house are you in? Gryffindor
Wand description: (Checks Pottermore)
Length: 10 3/4 inch
Wood: Redwood
Core: Unicorn
Flexability: Supple
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: Yellow *bertie botts every flavour beans box flies away from scabbers*

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Hey guys, here's a question for the club: What's your favorite quote from the books/movies?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I've always liked "If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals" since I first read it. I feel like it has truth to it. Oh, and "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
I can't believe I didn't see this earlier!!

What house are you in?: Ravenclaw of course
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Ash, 11.3 inches, Unicorn Hair
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...:YELLOW!

I may force you all to add me on Pottermore when I go back on it.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
OMG NEW MEMBERS! Been a while since we had one! And haha, look at that list of Ravenclaw people.

As for CJ's post, my favourite would probably be "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" and "Mischief managed!". So much awesomeness in 12 words! x3

EDIT: OH and how can I forget about Molly's line. You might've heard of it, it was heard on the chapter Battle of Hogwarts, iirc. If not then you should re-read the book/re-watch the final movie! The final movie has been released on DVD btw, you should all get one before they pull it out of the shelves.

Years
Oh! A Harry Potter Fan Club! Sign me up!

What house are you in?: Hufflepuff. Cause I'm cool like that. :D
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Holly, 12", Dragon's Heartstring
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: Yellow!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Welcome to the club!

I remembered another line that I personally like; it was in the EPILOGUE OF DOOM!!! xD
"Albus Severus, you were named after two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin, and he was the bravest man I ever knew." *cue MoM's The Bravest Man I Ever Knew song*

Back