• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Well the cheapest place is (don't know if I'm allowed to say) ebay!! You can also buy them at radioshack and walmart and places like that!! I can PM you if you like??

Do that please! I've been looking everywhere for the Nintendo adapter and couldn't find it but if there's another adapter that will work then I'll use it. This is only to get WiFi on my DS right? I don't need a USB to get WiFi on computers on need it for DS. That's why I'm asking if that's what it is.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Ok I started a new SS game and would like to EV train my Cyndaquil in HP, Sp. Atk, and Speed but I don't know anywhere to EV train for Sp. Atk early in the game. Where should I train it for Sp. Atk? So far I've boosted its HP +2 stats and Speed +1 stat.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Ok I started a new SS game and would like to EV train my Cyndaquil in HP, Sp. Atk, and Speed but I don't know anywhere to EV train for Sp. Atk early in the game. Where should I train it for Sp. Atk? So far I've boosted its HP +2 stats and Speed +1 stat.

You can battle Mareeps on the route south of Violet City,the Unowns in Ruins of Alph or Gastlys at night in the Sprout Tower for Special Attack. Hope this helped ^^!

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
You can battle Mareeps on the route south of Violet City,the Unowns in Ruins of Alph or Gastlys at night in the Sprout Tower for Special Attack. Hope this helped ^^!

Thank you it did! I knew about Gastly but since Mareeps are more likely to appear I can just skip the Sprout Tower until I'm done EV training my Cyndaquil. Prob gonna be at a high level so should I catch Mareep while I'm at it? Also It's nighttime so the games spamming Hoothoots. Should I get one of those as well? I've beat the game many times but wanna make a killer team.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Thank you it did! I knew about Gastly but since Mareeps are more likely to appear I can just skip the Sprout Tower until I'm done EV training my Cyndaquil. Prob gonna be at a high level so should I catch Mareep while I'm at it? Also It's nighttime so the games spamming Hoothoots. Should I get one of those as well? I've beat the game many times but wanna make a killer team.

You should catch Mareep,Ampharos is a beastly electric Pokemon ^^. As for Noctowl, there are actually plenty of better more powerful flying types. On the same route you find Mareep, at night Zubats appear. Crobat, is speedy and poweful so if you want quick,unique attacker I'd reccomend this guy.

Or, if you can wait till Azalea and when you get Headbutt from the man in Ilex Forest, you can headbutt trees in Azalea to encounter Natu. Xatu specializes in Special Attack and can learn a huge variety of moves.

Noctowl can do some decent things like putting foes to sleep but I'd reccommend one of the above two since they have better typings,stats and moves ^^.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
You should catch Mareep,Ampharos is a beastly electric Pokemon ^^. As for Noctowl, there are actually plenty of better more powerful flying types. On the same route you find Mareep, at night Zubats appear. Crobat, is speedy and poweful so if you want quick,unique attacker I'd reccomend this guy.

Or, if you can wait till Azalea and when you get Headbutt from the man in Ilex Forest, you can headbutt trees in Azalea to encounter Natu. Xatu specializes in Special Attack and can learn a huge variety of moves.

Noctowl can do some decent things like putting foes to sleep but I'd reccommend one of the above two since they have better typings,stats and moves ^^.

I've used Crobat idk how many times so Xatu would be a first. It's also Psychic type so that's a plus. What time of the day for Natu to appear? I kinda figured you'd say yes to Mareep even tho I've used her lots of times but there's not a lot of electric Pokemon to choose from...

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Ah sorry ShinyUmbreon, apparently the earliest place you can capture Natu is the small patch of grass in Ruins of Alph which you need surf and strength to access. If you can wait that long for a flying type you can find it from 18-24. Just beware that anything under 23 knows teleport. It appears all day with a 90% chance.

If you don't want to wait that long I think there are other really decent early flying types out there you can pick from ^^.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I can wait to get Surf. The question now is the nature for my Mareep. I'm gonna keep the game on looking at the stat til I get the right answer. I caught one with Mild nature. Do you suggest I get a different one? I saved the game so it's no biggie.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I can wait to get Surf. The question now is the nature for my Mareep. I'm gonna keep the game on looking at the stat til I get the right answer. I caught one with Mild nature. Do you suggest I get a different one? I saved the game so it's no biggie.

That's a great nature. In fact I actually think it's the best for Mareep ^^, so yeah definitely keep him xD.

Years

Mild raises Special Attack and lowers Defense. Mareep is special-based so I recommend you keep it.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Anybody know quicker way's to EV train cos I'm starting to get really impatient beating endless Gastly's. So far I've only defeated 38 of them and raised my Sp. Atk 9 1/2. I don't got Pokerus or power items.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Anybody know quicker way's to EV train cos I'm starting to get really impatient beating endless Gastly's. So far I've only defeated 38 of them and raised my Sp. Atk 9 1/2. I don't got Pokerus or power items.

Sorry, but thats the only way to EV train. You should probably just go on and complete the game because later you will find more pokemon that gives more EVs.

Sirfetch’d

Why can't I access wi-fi on my SS game? I can on my white version. Do I have a bad copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back