• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM-hackers Alpha Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
So, first thing to let members decide. Last word will be from me or Christos. I won't say anything for now, I want to see what will people say. No flaming at all.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
I say, wait now for Christos, I'll tell him don't worry. You're right, his sprites are good, maybe just bit work on outlines and it's great!

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
His sprites are great (way better than mine XD) and i like his pokemon centres! My verdict: let him join!!

BTW, Blade, about the sprites i'm making: is it in fire Red and which sprite would you like me to replace (plz spedify if OWs and battle sprite are different)

BlueSonic

Banned
Years
I want it in FR, but i'll stick it in my hack, i'm pretty familiar with it.

Just thinking, If you are absent for a long time, 1 Week, 2 Weeks etc. Tell us here in advance so we know why you're absent, so we don't kick you out without knowing the reason you wern't active.

As for me, I'll be absent from 6th April to around the 30th, since we're going to the US for a big family reunion, so I hope you're ok with this.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I want to join as mapper, spriter and tile-editor maybe:
Introduction: I wanna join for no special reason other than joining.
Proof of work: Below ( The mappicture has three maps in it)

Your sprites and tiles need work, could you try making a map in Fire Red with no custom tiles? Maybe you can be in as a mapper.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Okay, as you heard Christos, Aquilla has to make some more work. And Speedonh please ask Christos for the final word.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Speedonh, most of your sprites are slightly edited and recolored and that battle sprite with the overworlds still need work, try spriting better hair and improve it more.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Wow, the sprite of that volt member is really good. Can you make one with some evil shade or something dark and hidden as a Team shade grunt? I accept you,Hedgehogger. And Speedonh, your sprite is good, so until I talk with Christos you can consider yourself as a basic spriter and storyline maker. *goes to update the staff list*

AND BIG PROJECT UPDATE!
As I changed NG's codebase, I had to redesign titlescreen. Look, more Mew-ish pallette.

NG_01-3.png

And speedonh, I'm sorry but I won't shade your sprites, too busy etc...

Last edited:

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
Title screen looks real good, don't worry about shading my sprites either, i'm sure i'll live :P

*EDIT*
New sprite:

An Emo!

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Okay, here it is, your Team Shade grunt! I wasn't sure if you wanted OW's, though, so I didn't do them.

@ Speedonh: The Emo sprite looks pretty good, but the pants should either have both legs cuffed, or no legs cuffed. I know it's an emo, but, it makes the pants look sort of sloppy.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
@Hedgehogger Thanks for the advice, i was thinking about giving my emo the "skinny jeans" that they wear, but i wasn't too confident in my abilities, but i'll give it a go later.

The team shade grunt looks great by the way

C ya

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Umm... Hedgehogger, I meant something modern... Like Neo Rocket, but without masks. Can you do this? Grunt, male and female, executive male and female and boss, use your fantasy while making him and please overworlds and also moving. Thanks. And you will be leader of the spriting section since you have extraordinary spriting talent. And Speedonh, your spriting is better with each one you make.

Years
Nice hacking group you have here Matt and Christos. If you need some custom tiles, just PM me (Mainly because I have no clue what hapenned to Stormbreaker).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back