• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use your Riolu?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I didn't use it in my first Diamond run-through (I was a noob), but I incorporated it as my lead Pokémon in Platinum. It had an awesome moveset, and I nicknamed it "Pharaoh". Good times~

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I think I used Riolu for my main team once in Pearl because why not, right?It served me well. Lucario is hyped for a reason- 'cause it's good. That was like the only time I've used one on my team, though. I don't think I was planning to add him to the team; just was like "oh I guess this guy could be more useful than (whatever I had)."

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I... I don't think I even collected my Riolu. @_@ My brother did and I bred some using Lucario, lol.

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
Years
My team was full when he went to give me the egg. I forgot about it until the end of the game then traded it away for a shiny Milotic

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2015
I hatched then boxed him for a while. On the release of Heartgold/Soulsilver, I traded him to Soulsilver along with my Luxray. He was used in my first Soulsilver league clear.

Years
I remember having him and being surprised when he evolved at a low level because i didn't realise he evolved on high friendship at the time.. i don't think i used him much after that.. :P

Years
Didn't think I will get so many answers. Kinda bumping this tread, because I want to see more responses!

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I never bothered training riolu to get through the main storyline of Diamond and Pearl. You receive it at such a low level in an inconvenient part of the game that it almost seems like a hassle in having to train it. Lucario is one of my favorite Pokemon, and I've used it in other games (like Pokemon X) but I never used him in Generation 4.

Years
Back when generation IV was the newest thing in Pokemon, Lucario was on basically everyone's teams, so I didn't want to use it. I did like his design, and I've used him in later games sparingly, but not in Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. Nothing against the line though. Riolu is adorable n__n

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2016
I actually really wanted to use him, but he was way too under leveled for my team. I tried grinding him, pokedaycare, a lot of things. In the end, he just never caught up. It was wasting too much time.

Years
I don't remember ever using it in-game, just because I always found other stuff I had more fun going with. He does have a nice variety of attacks he can learn, though.

Back