• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

No$GBA Vs. Desmume

No$gba Vs. Desmume

• No$GBA

Votes: 284 45.2%
  • Desmume

Votes: 345 54.8%

• Total voters

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
Witch is better and why
No$gba or Desmume
Pros and cons please

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Well, I have both now. I have always used NO$GBA and it was pretty good to me, IMO. But in Pokemon HG and SS, it started crashing every one hour or so, so I downloaded Desmume. Desmume is still in development and its stable release version is obsolete. It's slow and has rather 'limited' options.

I suggest NO$GBA for NDS games. Maybe it won't crash like it did to me. Desmume, on the other hand, probably will improve later on, but now it's just not fully developed.

Last edited:

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
thanks i just would like to use dongle methode thing
HG and SS crash all the time do they

Years
Desmume wins only with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3 - because of save states and possibility for save in-game. For the rest games, No$ is just awesome.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2010
Desmume is great it has Wifi support and doesn't crash on HG/SS. It runs very slow but it has a gba slot and you can change the size of the window. Nocash needs a program called nocash zommer for that

thia12

Eternity Mapper
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2010
Desmume is great it has Wifi support and doesn't crash on HG/SS. It runs very slow but it has a gba slot and you can change the size of the window. Nocash needs a program called nocash zommer for that

No Desmume doesnt support Wi-Fi.

Azary3172

My Favorites Pokemon Games
Years
I using No$gba for playing some pokemon fine except working on PC inside Pokemon Center and Pokeathlon because the speed problem. So, Desmume is best choice for anything. :)

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
Years
I use No$GBA. My comp can barely run Desmume... at least, when it's simulating SLOT-2 usage.

And I don't really emulate much Pokémon anyways; I'd prefer to save up and get a real copy. All the other games, on the other hand... :P

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
I recently made the swith to Desmume from No$GBA. Desmume runs Platinum and SoulSilver without any problems. I couldn't even get SS to work on No$GBA.

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
Years
No$GBA cause its faster. No$Zoomer is not that hard to get though. Desmune just causes my comp to crash. Could be cause my comp sucks...

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
Years
Yeah, I use No$Zoomer. Raises compatibility through the roof. Plus, you can enlarge the screen and do all sorts of stuff. Much better.

I only use Desmume for the SLOT-2 emulation.

And Super Princess Peach, since No$GBA doesn't support it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2012
Desmume: needs admin rights to use keyboard
No$gba: doesn't

Note:
NO$GBA C: works 2 times better then No$gba
+ its fixed for the 3D of pokemon better!

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
Years
NO$GBA to the win!
DeSmuMe is too slow and loses some parts in some sprites...

NO$GBA has its own 3D renderer which makes it go 1.5x faster than OpenGL.
Also with some great options in NO$GBA 2.5c

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2012
NO$GBA to the win!
DeSmuMe is too slow and loses some parts in some sprites...

NO$GBA has its own 3D renderer which makes it go 1.5x faster than OpenGL.
Also with some great options in NO$GBA 2.5c

NO$GBA C has better 3D renderering: 2x faster then opengl

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
thnks its just downloaded no$gba witch is klass but will have to download desmume at some stade for HG/SS but platinum works brill on no$

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
Years
NO$GBA, definitely.
I've tried Desmume before, but a majority of the games I've tried weren't compatible with it (but were compatible with No$)

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
im only using emulators till i save enough for a new ds mine got smashed

Back