• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Agreed Deoxys, I will also add that both heterosexual and homosexuals should be held to the same standards. If you have are in a relationship with someone of the same gender, you should not be forced to hide it. Straight soldier talk about their wives and kids, and they should be able to; it's not so much about "sex" as it is "family". But if a gay guy grabs another soldier anything, yep send him away. The same should happen if a guy grabs a female soldier's whatever, lol. But if someone is purely homophobic, and refuses to work with a gay man, or is racist and refuses to work with a black/hispanic/asian/ Mideastern person, then they are the problem. We cannot discharged minorities because a select few individuals do not like them or are uncomfortable. As Gothitelle stated, the army should be one cohesive unit, whose to say gender, sexuality, or race inhibits that goal?

Fully agreed. And what you say about grabbing another Soldier and stuff like that, during Basic Training and AIT, any sort of physical relationship with any fellow Soldier is strictly prohibited and will get you in serious legal trouble and kicked out of the Army. I got discharged for medical reasons (I have scoliosis), and had no negative consequences other than losing my job as a Soldier. But, any sort of physical relationship of any type during training is grounds for legal trouble.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Maybe you should read it instead of just seeing that it mentions Glee. It's not about Glee - it just involves it.
I did read the whole thing. I was responding to -ty- not the tumblr link.

Also, omg so many posts. D:

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
When talking about the military, I think it shows a lot about the intense homophobia some people have that homosexuality even entered people's thought process when it comes to something so important as defending the nation. While I do take Gothitelle's point that it would be safer for the gay people to discharge them when you consider the potential for homophobia in a military environment, I hardly think that their safety would be the reason for the discharge.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
When talking about the military, I think it shows a lot about the intense homophobia some people have that homosexuality even entered people's thought process when it comes to something so important as defending the nation. While I do take Gothitelle's point that it would be safer for the gay people to discharge them when you consider the potential for homophobia in a military environment, I hardly think that their safety would be the reason for the discharge.

Following that logic women shouldn't be allowed to join because of the high occurrence of rape and violence/prejudice based upon sexism.

Shining Raichu

Years
Take it down a notch, I'm on your side lol. I don't agree with Gothitelle, I just said I saw where she was coming from.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I don't even see why sexual orientation should matter. When you're willing to risk your life for the safety of an entire nation, what does sexual orientation have to do with anything? People make such a big deal about sexual orientation these days, it's absolutely ridiculous. Who cares if someone's gay? Who cares if someone is straight, even? The armed forces isn't about finding your life partner and creating distractions that are relationships during. It's about protecting your nation.

On the off chance that their safety is at all a concern, it doesn't come across that way - and that's very important in today's society. The way something appears is the way that they people consume it. They'll take discharging openly gay soldiers as bigotry, and then they will assume that it is alright to portray homophobic behavior towards them and other gays. It comes across to the American people and to the world as blatant homophobia from a nation that is supposed to be this diverse pool of people, ranging from all different backgrounds and orientation.

It's very counter-productive of America to have had this policy in the first place, seeing as what America was based on.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Take it down a notch, I'm on your side lol. I don't agree with Gothitelle, I just said I saw where she was coming from.

I wasn't arguing with you. I was giving you a reason to be against any sort of ban on gays in the military.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I think the conversation kind of died, so mind if I put up a question?

I've heard that some Gays are either against, or don't believe in bisexuality. What's your opinion on it?

I don't understand why anyone would think that tbh... It had never even crossed my mind that it could be any different from being Gay. (Well, I mean it's different, but... you know what I mean. -.-)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My mom personally believes that bisexual isn't a sexuality. She respects gay people plenty, but thinks that being bi is just that you "want to have sex with everyone", lol.

Bisexuality is a hard thing to talk about, because despite the fact that bullying does occur due to sexual orientation, there are circles where it's "cool" to be bi or gay, especially for girls. I had a friend who identified as bisexual, and then saw an older (40s) man who identified as it and said that he was too old to be bi and that it was "gross", to use her term. It's also fairly common from what I've seen for some people to mistake the urge to experiment with their sexuality, because imo if you want to experiment with the same sex a few times, that doesn't make you bisexual necessarily. So in late high school and college, many people will say that they're bisexual when they really mean "I want to be able to experiment with the same sex but not be judged for it". Not that they should be judged for wanting to experiment, but in general opinion I believe people that claim they're bi are judged much less harshly than people who just want to experiment, because experimenting is a term that often has the connotation of a...(wo)man of loose morals, if you will.

I think I may have gone a bit off target with that, lol.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I don't understand why anyone would think that tbh... It had never even crossed my mind that it could be any different from being Gay. (Well, I mean it's different, but... you know what I mean. -.-)
From what I heard from all the reports I've seen of people being against bisexuality, there are a few reasons why gays are against it.

For one thing, there's the fact that bisexuals have passing privilege that gays never have because there's a chance that a bi person could be in a relationship with a person of the opposite sex. Even though the bi person is bi, the world doesn't see them like that, and they're more accepted by society in that way. But for gays, they can't pass as straight in their relationships.

There's also the belief that Toujours's mother has: that bisexuals will just run off with everyone. If a gay person is in a relationship with someone who's bi, there might be a fear that the bi person will run off to be in a relationship with a person of the opposite sex (for reasons I pointed out in the second paragraph).

That's just what I've heard from others, and what I currently remember. If anyone needs me to, I'll explain more on the first paragraph because I know I'm not as coherent as I could be with that.

As for my feelings on bisexuality, I'm fine with it.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
You can't base anyone's personality on their sexuality. Straight/Gay people are no more or less likely to cheat than someone who is Bi.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
I've heard that some Gays are either against, or don't believe in bisexuality. What's your opinion on it?

I respect people who are bisexual just like I would anybody else. I see no reason to hate them, because isn't that what homophobic people do to homosexuals essentially?

LuvdiscLady

Sweet as can be~
Years
I hope it's alright for me to join :pink_smile:

I don't understand why people discriminate against bisexuals, or anyone of any sexuality really.

I'm bisexual myself, and I really dislike when people claim to be bi just to be "cool" or to fit in or whatever. Especially since I've had to deal with a lot of inner struggles before I could literally accept myself for who I am. And when people just pretend to be like this to seem cool, it really frustrates me because they never had to deal with the things that I had to deal with.

It's not even about wanting to have sex with everyone. I'm just physically attracted to members of both sexes, and I can't help it. I'm not going to go out having sex with every person I see. (In fact, the thought of sex still scares me a little.) I just want to be able to fall in love, whether it be with a man or a woman. :pink_smile:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Oh yeah, I think a lot of heterosexuals (my past self included) just automatically assume that all gay people want to have sex with every guy they see, which I would imagine, is what causes them to feel so uncomfortable around gays.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years

I don't see a thing wrong with someone being bi. A bisexual person simply has an attraction to both genders, which means they could be in a relationship with either. It does not mean that they want to "have sex with everybody." And I agree that just because a person is gay doesn't mean they want to have sex with every guy/girl (depending on gender) out there. It just means they only want to have a relationship with the same sex. Other than that, the generic homosexual or bisexual is the same as a heterosexual.

Shining Raichu

Years
Welcome aboard, LuvdiscLady and wcdaily!

QuilavaKing said:

I have never heard of people being against bisexuality as such, but I do understand when people don't believe in it, given the amount of gay people who use coming out as bisexual as a stepping stone to coming out as gay. I do believe bisexuality exists and I have no problem with it whatsoever, but I don't believe that everybody who says they are bisexual actually are - simply because it's so often used as a scapegoat on the highway to homo.

Last edited:
Years
Wait there's people who don't believe in bisexuality? That's a first. :p

Anyways, I haven't said it here but lately even with the debates I've had here, I've felt like as if I was attracted to both genders. Some times, mostly guys, most of the time would be girls. To say that I'm either gay or not... well I disagree. I don't think I'm gay at all to be honest. I'm still attracted to guys :p

but yeah, that's my story. OH and I can actually use it to say that I'm straight instead of liking both genders. Because there is the normal aspect of it in my case.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
First, a welcome to wcdaily and LuvdiscLady!

Second, I'm bisexual myself, so I really shouldn't have a problem with it. It's a sexual attraction to two different genders, unlike hetero- and homosexuality, and I see nothing wrong with that. Granted, there are promiscuity, indecisiveness and more myths abound....

Well! I found an article that covers many major myths about bisexuality here (warning, some words NSFW, obviously, but hey, what IS SFW these days?): http://www.alternet.org/sex/149710/9_stupid_myths_about_bisexuals_that_will_make_you_laugh/

@Gothitelle.: I have my own days where my orientation wavers mostly one way or another and fluctuates to the other end the next, but sexuality is a (mostly) fluid part of one's life.

Back