• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon or Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
That is a hard decision for me.
T_T

I agree with everyone else that Digimon is better anime/merchandise wise, but the Pokemon Games are much better than the Digimon ones.

I can go back and watch any Digimon series, but I can't rewatch Pokemon it makes my head hurt.

I suppose I'm just going to go with Digimon, then.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Digimon anime is better than pokemon, but the pokeon games are better than digimon games.
Thats how i feel anyway

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
I actually disagree with Frontier being a great season. I mean it was a decent season, but Tamers is my all-time favourite, followed closely by Savers (though the original two season are very close behind as well). I haven't watched Xros Wars because I want to wait until the second season's conclusion, but it might be good (if the evolution mechanic isn't completely stupid).

Rambling about my favourite Digimon season aside, Digimon wins over Pokemon by a landslide. Sure, Pokemon has excellent games, but Digimon was my childhood. I didn't get into Pokemon nearly as much as I did Digimon (perhaps my country of residence had to do with this), and ... Digimon was just really inspirational as a series for me, while Pokemon remained simply an anime / game franchise that I had a mild preference for.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I would have to choose Pokemon. I've been in the series since I was about 4 or 5, when I got my very first game - A brand new Pokemon Color with a nice Pokemon Yellow - both of which I still own (In good condition) and can still play if ever I feel the desire to. The anime, I'd only watch for the first generation. The games, definitely, but I do dislike generation 3. I used to watch Digimon a little bit, but nothing more. So my vote goes to Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2012
If It was me i choose pokemon and i know it is better than digimon because a pokemon is something that is sometimes less scarier than digimon......digimon have this all freaky stuff sometimes....

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Anime-wise, I would say Digimon, because there's at least a variation to each plot. Variation in Pokemon... What's that?
though i would like to tell you that i did enjoy the sinnoh arc, but digimon frontier (my fave) is better in my opinion being that it's not ridden with fillers and didn't have that cheap of an ending (i'm looking glaring at you tobias)

Game-wise, while I did enjoy playing that game with the Frontier kids battling each other and finally Cherubimon (I forget what it was called ah it's called Digimon Battle Spirit 2), but Pokemon games are still the ones I grew up playing.

Since I play video games more than watching anime now, I would have to say Pokemon.

drarixio

Charging up since '89
Years
Originally Posted by Digimon Kaiserhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6935148#post6935148

Anime wise? Digimon, hands down. Pokemon is
getting kinda dull, even in BW.

My favorite season of Digimon at the
moment is probably Tamers, I watch it subbed on Hulu.

EDIT: Why does
Leomon always have to die?! Seriously.

Digimon, and I've only watched the first series and loved it more than 4 serieses on Pokemon. It's too repetitive.

Maybe some of the writers had an incident involving Leoman when they were kids and it traumatised them forever... O_o
I'm sleepy, good night.

Onyxoasis

Queen of the Woobats
Years
I've only played Digimon World Dawn/Dusk but, as far as I'm concerned I think they are both great in their own respects. I praise Digimon for its dazzling Digimon designs, that I find very attractive, buuuuttt... This is where I think Pokemon fails a bit. I honestly believe Pokemon has gotten a little lazy with the design in Pokemon white/black. The new generation Pokemon look well... a little... dull, maybe?

Now, If you want to go into the actual game-play, I like Pokemon (then again like I said, I haven't played too many Digimon games) I think the combat is smoother and much more enjoyable :) Digimon was a little repetitive.

But like I said, they both are pretty great :D

Beefinator

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012

And, moreover, I think Digimon are ugly, the anime is barely passable.
Digimon? Ugly? Well you're a girl and I guess Digimon is more appealing for boys.

Digimon and Pokemon are both great in their own ways. Digimon is hands down so much better if you're comparing Anime but Pokemon is better if you're talking about games.

Digimon actually has a plot to destroy the bad guy and some character developement while Pokemon is just group of people going on an endless adventure and repeating that adventure after he gets 8 badges. Although the first few seasons of Pokemon weren't all that bad. They actually included humor and Ash actually caught Pokemon instead of being given the Pokemon.

Pokemon obviously has superior games. I don't even recall any Digimon games that were actually popular.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Digimon? Ugly? Well you're a girl and I guess Digimon is more appealing for boys.

Digimon and Pokemon are both great in their own ways. Digimon is hands down so much better if you're comparing Anime but Pokemon is better if you're talking about games.

Digimon actually has a plot to destroy the bad guy and some character developement while Pokemon is just group of people going on an endless adventure and repeating that adventure after he gets 8 badges. Although the first few seasons of Pokemon weren't all that bad. They actually included humor and Ash actually caught Pokemon instead of being given the Pokemon.

Pokemon obviously has superior games. I don't even recall any Digimon games that were actually popular.

Who gives Ash pokemon? Unless you mean he doesn't battle them anymore and they just come to him. I do agree Digimon anime is better

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
Years
I realize this is a Pokemon Community and I am OBSESSED with Pokemon, but Digimon is still great too. The one thing I like about the Digimon series is the lack of filler episodes. Pokemon is PURE filler sometimes which can be annoying, but Digimon is more story based. I love Pokemon, but sometimes I really love Digimon too...it's hard to decide... I do think I'm going to go with Pokemon though!!!^^

Years
From what I have watched of Digimon, I did not care for it. To me, it was a bland, simplistic, and immature series with a mostly dull cast of characters.

Therefore, Pokemon wins by landslide. However, I only really like the Kanto and Orange Islands sagas. From Johto onwards, the show gradually degenerated into a humorless, uncreative mess. Now, it is the train wreck otherwise known as the Unova saga.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I never posted in this thread which I'm shocked.

I like both shows equally and I have my reasons for it. I like Digimon for the story plot and how each Digimon have multiple personalties even when they evolve. In each season, there is a new main character and new companions as well as a new story plot going into them. Most seasons seem to have a small connection to the older series of the Digimon. I also enjoy the video games of the show as well since they seem to change up each story in it.

I love Pokemon because it's Pokemon. The series of Pokemon has mainly one main character which is just Ash. As much as I love Pokemon, it would be great for them to switch it up. As much as I love the Digimon opening songs, I love how Pokemon seems to switch up their songs for each generation. They travel more then how Digimon travel but there was one thing that I liked more about Digimon then Pokemon, I liked how the Digimon can talk and not just keep repeating their names like in Pokemon. The Tamer can understand their Digimon more then how Trainers do.

Another reason why I love both Pokemon and Digimon is because I grew up with both of these shows. I love them to death and I still do.

Shinigami_

Resident Death God
Years
Digimon. basically because each seaosn there's a bit more of a story behind each one, not to mention you have a few cases of major character development - one example in Ken from series 02 (I know it's his dub name but I for the life of my can't remember the original japanese one) who was at first this bad guy calling himself the Digimon kaiser and wanting to control everything, however he got the crap beat out of him by one of the heroes and even saw the error of his ways, thus making a huge change from going from a major antagonist to that of atonement where Ken rights his wrongs by being on the good side throughout the rest of the story.

don't get me wrong; at first, Pokemon was also great, and I still love the games and whatnot..but as far as the anime version's concerned...I just lost interest over the course of time. it just got too repetitive. ash wins a battle; moves further to his goals. goes to a gym, gets his arse handed to him, learns from the defeat, goes and trains to become stronger, come back and beats the gym min a rematch, moves on, catches a pokemon, moves on to the next town, gym, eventually league before going home then setting out again to a new region, repeat, repeat.

There's character development too, but unfortunately it comes in the forms of the other characters leaving the show, then coming back in later arcs only to drop off the face of the series permanently save for team rocket..

so yeah. that's my two cents in which i think Digimon anime is better than the Pokemon Anime. Hope nobody takes offense; I just felt like being honest on the whole thing.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
I go with Pokemon. I just love the concept of the world of Pokemons, as well as this LONG endless journey with a character dear to me...Ash. Besides...Pokemons appeal to me more than digimons ...Pokemon looks more varied and huge to me and thus I shall go for it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2012
Never got into Digimon! From what I've heard, the anime had better story and characters than those of the Pokemon anime. Still, I can't help but think that Pokemon is a more innovative concept. I like the idea that these things are more like animals than anything else.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Digimon. basically because each seaosn there's a bit more of a story behind each one, not to mention you have a few cases of major character development - one example in Ken from series 02 (I know it's his dub name but I for the life of my can't remember the original japanese one) who was at first this bad guy calling himself the Digimon kaiser and wanting to control everything, however he got the crap beat out of him by one of the heroes and even saw the error of his ways, thus making a huge change from going from a major antagonist to that of atonement where Ken rights his wrongs by being on the good side throughout the rest of the story.

don't get me wrong; at first, Pokemon was also great, and I still love the games and whatnot..but as far as the anime version's concerned...I just lost interest over the course of time. it just got too repetitive. ash wins a battle; moves further to his goals. goes to a gym, gets his arse handed to him, learns from the defeat, goes and trains to become stronger, come back and beats the gym min a rematch, moves on, catches a pokemon, moves on to the next town, gym, eventually league before going home then setting out again to a new region, repeat, repeat.

There's character development too, but unfortunately it comes in the forms of the other characters leaving the show, then coming back in later arcs only to drop off the face of the series permanently save for team rocket..

so yeah. that's my two cents in which i think Digimon anime is better than the Pokemon Anime. Hope nobody takes offense; I just felt like being honest on the whole thing.

This is why I don't watch Pokemon Black and White/ Pokemon BW Rival Destinies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back