• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So I just watched Pacific Rim. A gorgeous, gorgeous film with an otherwise middling story, I thought. What did you guys think about it?

I'm hearing good things about it, which tbh, I'm impressed. I thought it would be badly received apart from the special effects. Is it just another summer blockbuster or is this like a really good movie?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh I know, I just kind of prefer Only by the Night to Come Around Sundown, even though both are fabulous in their own rite, haha. I'll just keep on my hands and knees for this next album now that I know about it, heh.

Have you listened to the other three albums? They're a lot different than those two, which is why a lot of people don't like KoL anymore, but I mean, I love all the albums so idc haha. But their first album, Youth and Young Manhood, is good if you want some good, crazy, silly southern rock. Really fun album.

I also agree about We Can't Stop. She comes off as trying too hard to change her image, and while I think her new look is great, it just...needs to flow better. Right now, it's too forced in her music, if you get what I mean. The song itself is kind of boring to me. She needs to rewatch that episode of Hannah Montana where she tried to change her image and it didn't work.

Gonna see Grown Ups 2 tonight possibly! Hoping that's good. I know a lot of people hate Sandler, but I really enjoyed the first movie and just rewatched it the other night, so I'd like to see the second.

AND 6 DAYS TIL BABY I <33 1 til Super Soaker. :D

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
I'm hearing good things about it, which tbh, I'm impressed. I thought it would be badly received apart from the special effects. Is it just another summer blockbuster or is this like a really good movie?

I think it's one of the best summer blockbusters I've seen in a while. I was really satisfied by just how gigantic the action is and how colourful everything was. I got goosebumps the entire sit-in. The eye candy should be enough a reason to check it out at the theatres. Story-wise though? Meh, it could've been done better. I know one of the writers worked on Clash of the Titans before so that's probably the reason why it felt mediocre.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Just saw the Emmy thread and... they give awards for reality show hosts? Really?

Apparently, and it's a very baseless operation, that. It's essentially giving an award to someone who narrates the scripts and not always in a very entertaining way. I don't understand the category's conception whatsoever.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Apparently, and it's a very baseless operation, that. It's essentially giving an award to someone who narrates the scripts and not always in a very entertaining way. I don't understand the category's conception whatsoever.
I think you're being a tad dismissive. Sure, it's not rocket science, but hosting live TV without things going completely off the rails is quite a skill to get right. And the best make it seem truly effortless whilst still doing so much legwork in making sure that the show ends on time, putting on a good front and having a crapload of people yelling stuff in their earpiece. It's so much more than just reading a script or an autocue.

droomph

weeb
Years
I would probably murder everyone out of rage before I could get that right :p

The hosts, etc. are fine but the actors are what make the reality shows suck I think.

Years
So, um, speaking of murder? (I dunno. It was in the last post.) Anyone else a fan of murder mysteries? I am a sucker for them, especially the 'parlor scene' at the end where all is revealed. Clue is definitely my favorite movie in this genre.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Murder is such a bother to me in a real world sense that I just can't even enjoy it in fiction. ...Wow I worded that oddly. But yeah. I just can't handle it. I was watching The Hunger Games with my friend today, and even though I've already seen it, it's still disturbing to me how the characters treat murder. I mean I know it's fiction, but I always think...there are probably real people that treat murder that way.

Murder mysteries themselves also add suspense, and I'm already overly anxious and worrisome, so I don't need more stuff to worry about, even if it's fiction haha.

Years
1098436_695902697090427_704215793_n.jpg

Meet Peter Capaldi, the newest incarnation of the Doctor.
I'm pretty stoked about this. Idk about y'all!!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
It'll take a lot for people to associate him as anything other than Malcolm Tucker from The Thick of It, but I'm certainly intrigued as to how his casting will change the show. Not that I've watched it in many years... but I'm still interested.

Years
I haven't watched the last 4 episodes of Dr Who as series 7 had been pretty appalling up to that point. Hopefully Capaldi will breathe some great new life into the role since the show was quickly deteriorating under Smith.

I don't see Capaldi striking much chemistry with the current companion though.

Years
Another old white guy! I don't know anything about him so I can't really comment on him as a new Doctor, but I wish Moffet would leave the show now. I used to like and defend him, but I can't anymore. Go away, Moff and let Mark Gatiss or someone else take over.

Years
Everyone I know who's seen Breaking Bad says it's good, but I've never gotten around to it.

Lots of shows coming back soon. I'm looking to see what kind of a train wreck Once Upon A Time will be this season.

Also really excited for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I watched the first two and a half seasons of Breaking Bad and lost interest pretty quickly after that. It slowed down a little and I didn't have the patience for it at the time. I love Bryan Cranston, though!

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Breaking Bad is great. All I'm doing now is waiting for the next episode, so I've been binge-watching The Vampire Diaries for the past four days. I'm in season 2 as of today, but I love how rapid the pacing is and the evergrowing mythology. It's also really refreshing how the characters aren't unlikable, unlike most other characters on TV at the moment. There's nothing quite like it, really. Any regular watchers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back