• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#7: The Nido Monarchy

Which Nido evolution do you prefer?

• Total voters
Years
Welcome everyone to the 7th edition of the Poké-Poll of the Week here in Pokémon Voting Polls! I know I say this every week, but make sure that when posting, you're following all section and PC global rules, especially:
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon- tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may be up for a warning or an infraction.
This week, our POTW question was submitted by Azire, who came up with many great ideas for a poll. Because of his suggestion, he'll earn himself a special emblem. If you'd like to get one yourself, feel free to leave your ideas for a future POTW with your response, or you can send them to me in a VM. With that said, this week's poll question is:

Which Pokémon do you prefer: Nidoqueen or Nidoking?

This should be very interesting to see who the members of PokéCommunity side with. Now vote away!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I personally prefer Nidoking, as its design looks much more vicious and serious. Competitively, I would say Nidoqueen. It's got higher defensive stats, making it a good support Pokémon. d:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Long live the King!! I prefer Nidoking, for all possible reasons. I love his purple color scheme, he looks more dangerous than his Queen, His stat are more offensive, and his movepool is awesome.

1) Get a Nidoking with Sheer Force
2) Give it a Life Orb to hold
3) Wreck house
4) ???
5) Make profit

Years
I voted Nidoking, because he just looks more dangerous/deadly than Nidoqueen looks. I also like the purple colour more than the blue.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Awesome!! I'm glad you liked my ideas.

I voted Nidoking because I prefer his more offensive presence over her defensive presence. Both are useful but I find myself putting Nidoking on more teams.

Both Pokémon have a special place in my heart due to the fact Nidoran(F) was my first Pokémon ever. It was my first card, before I got my first game. From that point I set out to collect the evolutions and obviously the Male line as well. Luckily in Pokémon Red (my first game) both are available really early!!

Unlike the other responses, I prefer Nidoking's Shiny form to his non Shiny. I used to prefer Nidoqueens non Shiny to her Shiny but I haven't bred a Shiny Nidoran(F) yet in XY. I suppose I should see what her Shiny form looks like in 3D.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I myself am a fan of my offense-oriented strategies, especially with Nidoking because of Sheer Force. It let's you use random moves like Fire Blast that would just other wise seem strange. Nidoqueen I believe also has the same ability, but with the lower stats, Sheer Force isn't as viable.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Nidoking of course. He's stronger, has a cooler design, and I have so much history with him.
I like Nidoqueen as well, though!

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Nidoking ftw!

Nidoking is just flat out better than Nidoqueen. better offensive stats, better move pool, better looks... not much more to say.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I actually prefer Nidoqueen and think she's better than her male counterpart.

Nidoqueen's better defenses are much more helpful in the OU/UU metagame and allows her to use a Modest nature. With 252 SpA EVs, she is actually stronger than a Timid Nidoking. Nidoqueen can also use her bulk to set up Stealth Rock or Toxic Spikes, or use a bulky Life Orb set to tank many hits and still be a large threat to the opponent.

Both got better in XY with the addition of Fairy-types, though. I suppose Nidoking's better on hyperoffensive teams. Nidoking also looks slightly better than 'Queen.

Years
Nidoking fits my strategies better as I tend to prefer more offensive strategies anyway but quite frankly, Nidoqueen looks kind of derpy I think. Nidorina has an great design but 'Queen's is much worse. Design-wise the male Nidos are superior and they are more effective offensively.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Wow, barely any votes have gone to Nidoqueen I see! :o

I actually prefer her, I'm not even quite sure why. Maybe it's the design, and I always pick her over the king. Nidoking may be more on the offensive side and have a better movepool, but 'Queen still wins my vote. :3

Years
Going with the majority here and choosing Nidoking. I always thought his design was cooler, and makes better use of stats than Nidoqueen does.

And let's not forget KING FONZ!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I always kind of preferred Nidoking, and all in that family actually. The purple nidos. I think they are the best looking of the group of pokémon that have a similar build as they have. Nidoking, Rhydon, Aggron, Tyranitar etc... Nidoking is just enough elaborately/simply designed and it's poison/ground type is interesting. I still don't completely know what they based those families on. First I thought rabbits but, uh, poisonous ones who can control earth?

Smeargle

Illusory
Years
I personally like nidoqueen's design more. I've always been one to choose a more gentle design over a more powerful looking one. Nidorina was also the first shiny pokemon I ever obtained so I'm probably a bit biased xD.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I really thought female Nidoran was awesome because of the cute design (and as a partner in mystery dungeon) and so I voted for Nidoqueen because of the nostalgia. Maybe I was tempted by the competitive answers above as well.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I guess I slightly prefer Nidoking. I like its design a bit more than that of Nidoqueen's. I can't comment much on their battling prowess though as I haven't used either of them extensively (or much at all really).

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
Nidoking looks awesome, and hits hard with Sheer Force <3 It looks so strong and raring to fight~!

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I've always liked Nidoking more than Niddoqueen. Maybe it's just the sheer badassery of Sheer Force and the better design. Although, I have to admit Nidoqueen is pretty cool.

Back