• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

△ HYRULE △ The Golden Era △ [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

H Y R U L E
The Golden Era

IC
"Following the defeat of Ganon and the recovery of the Triforce, Hyrule entered a Golden Era of peace, in which great and wise rulers governed the land with the strength of the united Triforce at their command."
SEVEN RACES:
You can play as one of seven races living throughout Hyrule. Hover over a picture to read more about them, and click on them to see their page from the Zelda Wiki.

A LINEAR PLOT:
The people of Hyrule had lost faith in the three Goddesses as their only hope for salvation was destroyed. However, Ganon was sealed and eliminated with the power of the Triforce. Peace was soon restored to Hyrule, and the Triforce was sealed away, after it was wished upon to restore the land. In the years following, there was a great incline, things were going well, crops were exceptionally well-grown, waters were crystal clear, and everything was in good condition. Even the people seemed more friendly. This was soon known as the Golden Era of Hyrule. The only worries in the world were the monsters roaming the land, but they never set foot in towns, and people were paid to travel with, for their weaponry and skills would ensure a safe arrival at the destination. Soon, rumors of dark characters were spread, evil sorcerers who quested to revive to the dark King Ganon. Although it was highly disbelieved, it still put people on edge. Some races became uncomfortable with one another, for fear that the peace between them would break. Others, however, came closer, bonded as they sought each other for protection. Others simply didn't care. It was entirely up to the person. You are one of these people. Your adventure begins here.​

AN EXPANSIVE WORLD:
The land of Hyrule is expansive, with plenty of landmarks, cities and towns. Be sure to read each area's section, for information on the area as well as a list of enemies (if any) that appear there. Click on an enemy's picture to read more about it.
10314-hyrule.gif
Hyrule Field:
Spoiler:

Hyrule Town:
Spoiler:

Hyrule Marketplace:
Spoiler:

Hyrule Castle:
Spoiler:

Lon Lon Ranch:
Spoiler:

Kakariko Village:
Spoiler:

Graveyard:
Spoiler:

Death Mountain:
Spoiler:

Goron City:
Spoiler:

Dodongo's Cavern:
Spoiler:

Zora's River:
Spoiler:

Zora's Domain:
Spoiler:

Lake Hylia:
Spoiler:

Kokiri Forest:
Spoiler:

Lost Woods:
Spoiler:

Sacred Grove:
Spoiler:

Gerudo Valley:
Spoiler:

Haunted Wasteland:
Spoiler:

Gerudo's Fortress:
Spoiler:

Arbiter's Grounds:
Spoiler:

Twilight Realm:
Spoiler:

Dragon Roost Island:
Spoiler:

Unknown Territory:
Spoiler:

RULES:
  1. Follow PC Roleplay Rules.
  2. Rated "T", so keep violence within reasonable boundaries and don't go too graphic. As with /every/ Roleplay, Romance is fine but shouldn't pass kissing. Save the bedroom moments between posts so that they're not directly written. Come on, there are kids watching.
  3. Godmodding is unallowed, as is Bunnying, unless deemed otherwise by the character's owner.
  4. Royal NPCs are controlled by the GM only, and any interaction with any important character must be consulted with the GM in the OOC thread first. I'll give you the okay.
  5. Please keep fights fair. There are no heroes here, and everyone has limits.
  6. The code is "_____ Rupee". Pick your favorite color rupee and that is your password.
  7. Do not write a sign-up without reading the entirety of this Introduction Post, as the information is important. It's also usable as a reference.
  8. Any rule-breakers will be punished by warnings, bootings, or even Skymin, depending on the severity of the issue.
  9. SKYMIN WRITES IN CAPSLOCK AND THAT REALLY SCARES ME
  10. Remember that this is a sandbox, and you're allowed to make up your own events alone or with other players. If you want to start an event that might question the boundaries, ask me either in the OOC thread or by VM/PM. I'll tell you if it's okay or not.
  11. Have fun. That's what Roleplays are for, right? Seriously, just... Enjoy it. This RP took a lot of effort and research to remain canon.
  12. Lastly, don't be afraid to ask me for help. I personally love the Zelda series and could probably answer many questions you may have.

SIGN-UP SHEET:
Name: (Character's Name)
Nickname: (Possible Nicknames)
Race: (Which of the Seven Races is your character?)
Sex: (Male or Female? Note that there are some restrictions, such as female-only Gerudo, and male-only Gorons.)
Age: (How old is this character? Note that there are some restrictions, such as Ageless-Children, the Kokiri. If Kokiri, write "Ageless".)
Career: (If any. Does your character have a purpose?)

Appearance: (What does your character look like? Differentiation is allowed, but there are some restrictions. Gorons and Zora must still look like their species. Gerudo are dark-skinned, red-haired, and have golden eyes. Twili have red, orange, or yellow hair, with gray, black, and white patterned skin. The length of this section is based on how well you can describe him or her.)

Personality: (How does your character act? How does he/she think? Do they have any racial discrepancies? This section must define your character as a person.)

History: (What has your character been doing before the RP started? What events of importance took place? Please note that the fight where the Hero of Time fell was ten years previous. If he/she wasn't there, they weren't there. This section must explain enough to give your character background.)

Other: (If you have any other important details to add, do so here.)

Password: (Inserting the password means that you have read the entire post and understand it.)

HYLIANS:
  1. Diceon
    (djcboi)
  2. Kamui
    (ShinyDiamond)
  3. Nadia
    (NightOfRemorse)
  4. -
  5. -

KOKIRI:
  1. Tatal
    (djcboi)
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -

GERUDO:
  1. -
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -

GORONS:
  1. Doron
    (heretostay123)
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -

ZORAS:
  1. Sven
    (IceFyr1928)
  2. Maleko
    (Game_sloth)
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -

RITO:
  1. Torgaz
    (Garet)
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -

TWILI:
  1. Nait
    (WolfOfEve)
  2. Mirror
    (Lilizuki)
  3. Kristi
    (IceFyr1928)
  4. Everyn
    (Garet)
  5. -

List Last Updated: 1/23/2013
Fixed Float!

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Reserving a spot if thats ok. (I'll probably post my SU in 5 Hours)

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Reservations are divided into the seven races, so you must state which race you're reserving, and it will last for 2 days.

On a separate note, my activity this week and next are questionable, but I'll do my best to be active when I can.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Reserving Twili!

I've a question. How will the RP actually begin?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
It'll begin like any other day in Hyrule (or wherever you are). From the RP's start everyone can roam freely (aside from the dangers, obviously) and I'll probably have an event occur from time to time. But otherwise, activity will be between players and situations can be created with others, as long as the important NPCs aren't used (without permission).

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Hylian reservation. Guess i do need to reserve.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Reservations until December 30:
Hylian - djcboi
Twili - Lilizuki
Goron - heretostay123

GM Reservation (Unending):
Twili - WolfOfEve

Remaining Spots:
Places will be returned if reservations end.

Hylian: 4 remain (1 Reserved, 0 Accepted)
Kokiri: 5 Remain (0 Reserved, 0 Accepted)
Gerudo: 5 Remain (0 Reserved, 0 Accepted)
Goron: 4 Remain (1 Reserved, 0 Accepted)
Zora: 5 Remain (0 Reserved, 0 Accepted)
Rito: 5 Remain (0 Reserved, 0 Accepted)
Twili: 3 Remain (2 Reserved, 0 Accepted)

I'm determined to keep this up, despite some shoddy activity this following week because I love you all so much~<3

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
How come this "WolfOfEve" guy gets an unending reservation?! This is totes unfair, GM guy.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
One or two questions. How are Zora and Rito co-existing? Aren't Rito evolved from Zora?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
How come this "WolfOfEve" guy gets an unending reservation?! This is totes unfair, GM guy.
He asked me because of his rough schedule, and I allowed it but man I hate that guy!

One or two questions. How are Zora and Rito co-existing? Aren't Rito evolved from Zora?
That's what some people say, but as someone said in the RP Discussion Thread, "People evolved from Monkeys but there are still Monkeys" or something. I don't exactly believe people came from monkeys, but it applies.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
And the RP is derived from the "Link Loses to Ganon" Timeline right?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Yes, The Golden Era takes place during the timeline where Ganon defeats the Hero of Time, but after he is later sealed within the Sacred Realm; though at this point, rumors are spread like wildfire of his possible revival.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
EI've made my dominant SU, and I shall finish it later.

Name: Doron
Nickname: RockHead
Race: Goron
Sex: Male
Age: Apparently Goron's don't have an age, so he's ageless. If he has to have an age he's 65.
Career: Mason

Appearance: Doron is an average looking Goron, but he is a foot taller than the the normal Goron height. His left hand is gone, and in its place is a metal hammer that he uses in his masonry that can also double as a weapon in a fight.

Personality: Doron is a very gruff fellow. His old age has made him short of patience, even more so than a young Goron. He is always in a hurry to do everything, be it eat or finish a detailed archway. Once you can convince Doron that you are a good friend, he is loyal unto the end, but if he distrusts you, you might as well try to lead a mule to water. Doron's pig-headedness is know throughout the land of Hyrule. He has won every argument he has been in, even with...woman. He speaks very loud because his left ear was left deaf from an incident with an orphan and a statue...he doesn't like to talk about it, and he can't hear himself speak unless he shouts. His tendency to guard his friends in a fight is known throughout the Goron City, and is even know to have rumors in Castle Town. Whenever the brute fights, he uses his hammer-hand and firey-fist combo to decimate his enemies in seconds. He tends to drink an ungodly amount of ale when he's sad....or happy for that matter. He drinks it when he's excited too....Point is he drinks a lot of ale, no matter how he feels. The alcohol calms his nerves. The old man sculpts and fights better when he's drunk. His eye for detail is stunning when you consider is age. He can spot the slightest flaw in a wall's base from fifty meters.

History: Doron was born in Goron City many, many, many years ago. He was a large baby from the start. From an early age he grew rapidly and by age four, he was 4'3. On his fourth birthday, he had his father take him to see the different areas he could work in in the future, after an intense " Yes No" war. First he saw the sentries watching Dodongo Cavern. Doron felt it was too boring, so he made his father move on. The next area he saw was the forgeworks. He enjoyed watching the blacksmith work the metal, but he felt it wasn't for him. The third area he visited was the masons' workshop. He felt a particular draw to this area, and he begged his father to see the head mason, Horon. When he brought his son to Horon, the mason gave him a hammer, a chisel, and a hunk of stone and told him to work it. After fifteen minutes of intense work, he fashioned the Triforce. Horon was impressed. So impressed that he took him as his own personal assistant.

After years of intense work under Horon, Doron became a master mason. Horon passed on when he was forty. This was a serious blow to Doron, and he drank ale for the first time. He became an alcoholic then and there.. When he returned to the workshop he was offered the position of head mason. He accepted reluctantly. What better way to honor his dead mentor than by taking his job and doing the best he can? He did just that for fifteen years....then Ganon came. Doron would not sit quietly while the great sorceror ravaged the land. When Ganon slayed the Hero of Time, he took a handful of his fellow masons to attack an army of assorted monsters. They managed to flee, but only with four out of the original fifteen, and during the battle, Doron had lost his left hand. When they returned to Goron City, they were shamed. It was not Don Goron's will for them to go into battle. He had Doron's hand replaced with a steel one, and banished them to wander, and wonder they did for ten years, fighting monsters and drinking ale whenever possible.

Other: (If you have any other important details to add, do so here.)

Password: ORANGE RUPEE FTW

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Purple rupees! This RP looks really interesting, I absolutely love Zelda since my friend got me into the series. Just wondering how involved this RP will be and how fast-paced it'll be before signing up though? Ordinarily I'd sign up to this kind of RP without question, but I'm tight on time in the next few months so I thought it'd be worth asking first before committing :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Plan on making my sheet tomorrow, so some questions that will need to be answered...

As a Twili, will I have to be in somebody's shadow to move around the world, because of their sensitivity to light? If so, would it be possible to create some form of defense that doesn't require the presence of another, such as a spell that eliminates or merely weakens their sensitivity to light?

Are Twili ageless? If not, what is their lifespan?

What's the upper-limit on Twili magic, before they collapse from exhaustion/other negative effects?

What equipment are we allowed to have? Such as magic items, etc.

Are we allowed to have pets? *cough*Maybeafairy?*cough*

May I play as a member of one of the Twili Royal Houses?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I find this roleplay interesting. I believe I want to reserve a Hylian spot...once I feel that my SU will be done within two days.
Your questions have been answered, sir, and I'll wait to reserve you until you're ready.

Purple rupees! This RP looks really interesting, I absolutely love Zelda since my friend got me into the series. Just wondering how involved this RP will be and how fast-paced it'll be before signing up though? Ordinarily I'd sign up to this kind of RP without question, but I'm tight on time in the next few months so I thought it'd be worth asking first before committing :)
I'd say a post per week should be a minimum, though in a sandbox RP it's more determined by who you're interacting with. The decision, however, is yours to make.

As a Twili, will I have to be in somebody's shadow to move around the world, because of their sensitivity to light? If so, would it be possible to create some form of defense that doesn't require the presence of another, such as a spell that eliminates or merely weakens their sensitivity to light?
After Midna regains her true form, she's able to show herself in the light. I'd say that the Twili are no longer affected by light, but merely have a natural preference to darkness.

Are Twili ageless? If not, what is their lifespan?
They seem to be ageless, though they could die by any means. If I did my resarch correctly, their appearance changes with their age but stops once they are fully matured, around the same time I imagine a normal Human is matured.

What's the upper-limit on Twili magic, before they collapse from exhaustion/other negative effects?
I'd leave this up to you to be responsible. As for variety of magic abilities, I'd say it should be 1-3 separate abilities (like warping as Midna does, or maybe an elemental magic, or something else creative, but within reason). Amount of use before exhaustion would probably vary with the user, so long as you're fair with it.

What equipment are we allowed to have? Such as magic items, etc.
I'd say, once more, anything within reason. Also keep limitations within the level of technological advancement for the time.

Are we allowed to have pets? *cough*Maybeafairy?*cough*
Up to you, but if your character has a pet there should be a reason behind it.

May I play as a member of one of the Twili Royal Houses?
If you mean someone who works for the royal family, sure. If you mean someone who /is/ in the royal family, PM me with yoyr proposal and we can discuss it in private.
Answered you!

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Name: Diceon

Race: Hylian

Sex: Male

Career: Diceon has the skills of a seasoned blacksmith, which is a custom that has been taken by every the second borne Male in his family line for decades although Diceon has no ambition or interest in becoming a Blacksmith until he has seen the world (Which displeases his Uncle).

Appearance: He is 5'10, slightweight and of a slightly muscular build, from working with various metals and alloys. His eye color was originally hazel but do to his sickness his eyes have become milky and have a cataract-like appearance. His hair is jet black and long, only tied back while on the road. His dress consists of an all gray tunic with a black leather pauldron on his right shoulder and brown boots and gloves. He often has a metal pole tied to his back along with a dagger, hidden in his tunic. His ears are prominently long, a sign that might have "Royal Blood."

Personality: Diceon finds himself highly doubtful of the three goddesses as he feels that they abandoned Hyrule during the conflict ten years ago or they might not even exist. He has an adventurous spirit, which was encouraged by his father and Azalea although he was discouraged so by his uncle He also has a phobia exclusive to just death and ReDead. Although he is a skilled blacksmith, he abandoned the profession so he could freely travel the world before he dies. He has no feud with any of the various races that occupy the lands of Hyrule because he never has seen any of them and he has no knowledge whatsoever about any of them. He has a light amount of combat abilities but he wasn't raised as a warrior, having only trained with swords in private. Since he has a limited number of years left on the Earth, he plans to travel the world until he is too sickly to do so, then he will try to settle down early enough to be sure that his bloodline will be continued. He is morally good and won't stop doing what's right even if it results in a setback to himself. Heroism is one of Diceon's strong suites and he tends to help those he can when it's within his ability whether it's sparing a life of someone who just tried to kill him or helping an old lady round a few cuccos. He has a strong sense of honor to those he feels deserves it and is the kind of person to honor a Hardworking Soldier over a King that treats his subordinates badly. Although he hasn't drunk alcohol before he will have a tendency to be an alcoholic to "down his sorrows". He also blames himself heavily for mistakes and has high standards. He'll run from a fight he feels he can't handle unless it conflicts with his code of honor

History (Merged with Other):He is the younger of two brothers, his older brother serving as a guard in the Hyrule Army. Although he isn't considered apart of the Royal Family, his family is closely associated (and often intertwined) with them as his Grandfather served them personally as a Blacksmith, and his uncle took an administrative position in the effort to restore Hyrule Castle to it's former glory. His father served as a foot soldier in the Hylian Army previous to Gannon's usurpation of the thrown and then as a bodyguard to various merchants at the beginning of the Golden Age, but after traveling his fourth merchant client, he never returned and there was not as single clue that revealed his fate and he was soon presumed deceased. which was the first unexplained disappearance of many during the start of the Golden Age. This lead to Diceon believing that although Ganon was gone, the world outside of the town's walls is just as deadly as it was when Ganon was a tyrant.

Diceon has suppressed some childhood memories due to the fact that he witnesses Gannondorf's pillaging of Hyrule Town and he was almost the victim of a ReDead although his father saved him and his both them and Diceon's uncle took refuge in Kakariko until Ganon's reign ended subsequently leading to them returning to help with the rebuilding of Hyrule Town.

He lives with his Uncle (who is also the youngest of two brothers and a blacksmith) and a woman who goes by the alias of Sheik although her real name is Azalea (which she hasn't disclosed towards any of her housemates) and not much is known about her except for she is something of a tenant living in the same house as the two in Hyrule Town ever since they returned and she also used to be a mercenary.

Diceon at the age of 23 was diagnosed with an unknown, non-contagious disease, which changed the appearance of his eyes, will render his left arm useless, and it also has more unknown conditions as he reaches his mid thirties and it also is bound to kill him before he turns fifty. Some believe that this disease was a curse of sorts, but Diceon dismisses this rumor as superstition. Out of a mid-life crisis of sorts, Diceon decided to roam the world before he died and make the best of his life. Although it has been a year since, he has a plan (which he has hidden to himself) to run away from home and explore the world for a few years, partially in hope that he might find the cure to his disease.

Password: Purple Rupee

I'm just one thing Wolfy... My character feels might Gary-Sue like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back