• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yugioh: Single & Tag Tournaments!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Yugioh: Single & Tag Tournaments

[alink id="background"]Background[/alink id] | [alink id="rules"]Rules[/alink id] | [alink id="prizes"]Prizes[/alink id] | [alink id="Participants"]Participants[/alink id]

kbpohs.jpg

[a id]background[/a id]
Hello, and welcome to the Yugioh tournaments event! We'll be running both a single and tag tournament for you all to get involved with, so grab your decks and come join in the fun. Use either this thread, VMs, PMs, or anything else to organise your duels, and post the results here!

The singles tournament will consist of an all-vs-all format in which duelists play against each other as many times as possible, with each win counting as 1 point. The duelists with the most points before the end of the stage will progress to the finals in which a winner will be determined. All duels will be in Match format (best of 3) and should preferably be carried out on YGOPro due to having an automatic rulings system to avoid disputes, and due to the surplus of new cards available to use, however Dueling Network can be used instead.

The tag tournament is a newer type of format consisting of teams of two dueling alongside each other, sharing the same field but alternating their decks each turn. This too will start off as an all-vs-all format, with each win counting as 1 point for the team and having the teams with the most points face off in the finals. Each match consists of only one duel and uses the standard rules. This format is only available on YGOPro and so all tag matches must be carried out there.

• Link to download YGOPro: here. (For Windows; use the self-extractor)
  • Link to Dueling Network: here. (You will need to make an account)
If you need any help on how to use either of these applications, feel free to send either of us a message and we'll be happy to assist!

[a id]rules[/a id]
Rules & Ban List
Due to the audience, these tournaments will adhere to more restrictive ban lists as to avoid certain decks making the tournament unplayable for less experienced duelists.
  • Decks must adhere to the official up to date ban list.
  • Cards from the following archetypes may not be used in any form: Mermail; Elemental Dragons (Dragon Rulers); Fire Fist; Spellbook (Hidden Spellbook and Spellbook Organization are still permitted)
  • In tag duels, both duelists may not use the same archetype for their decks.
  • All single duels should be carried out on YGOPro if possible, otherwise use Dueling Network; all tag duels should performed be using YGOPro (YGOPro has automatic play so rulings can't be disputed).
  • All duels for the singles tournament must be in the Match format (best of three duels); tag matches will be as standard for YGOPro.
  • Standard rules apply: 8000 Life Points; 5 cards to start; draw one card per turn.
  • If there is a dispute over a card's ruling, look into the ruling first before arguing about it (each card has a 'rulings' page on this site). If a ruling cannot be decided; consult on of the event organisers to make a decision.
  • For a duel's result to count, both participants most post the results in this thread. If your partner hasn't posted the result, please contact us.
  • Don't make fun of duelists for using bad decks/combos; this tournament is for fun!

[a id]prizes[/a id]
Prizes
Here are the rewards! (Hover to see descriptions)

c7SyrKB.png
2zi1lye.jpg
SPESYX0.png
i4ogvk.jpg

[a id]Participants[/a id]
Participants
Here's how to take part; simply fill out the sign-up form of your choosing (or both if you'd rather!) and you'll be added as a participant. Once you've been added, please wait until the event starts before beginning to duel or your wins shan't count.

Singles
Code:
[PLAIN][b]Username:[b][/PLAIN] [I]Your username[/I]
[PLAIN][b]Deck:[/b][/PLAIN] [I]The deck you'll be using; if you're using a deck not currently released on Dueling Network then please provide a backup[/I]
[PLAIN][b]Preferred Platform:[/b][/PLAIN] [I]YGOPro and/or Dueling Network[/I]

Tags
Code:
[PLAIN][b]Username:[b][/PLAIN] [I]Your username[/I]
[PLAIN][b]Partner:[/b][/PLAIN] [I]Your partner's username; please have both members of the team post this form[/I]
[PLAIN][b]Deck:[/b][/PLAIN] [I]The deck you'll be using; don't list both member's decks here[/I]

Singles Participants
AlexOzzyCake (YGOPro/Dueling Network) - Batteryman (36 points)
François (YGOPro/Dueling Network) - Harpies (29 points)
Olli97 (Dueling Network) - Gem-Knights (1 points)
Dark Leader Adam (YGOPro) - Karakuri (1 point)
Bloodex (Dueling Network) - Exodia/Dark Magician (40 points)
Mr. X (Dueling Network) - Savage Burn (16 points)
Seraphimon-sama (Dueling Network) - Spellcasters (3 point)
SwiftSign (YGOPro) - Dino'Rabbits' (8 points)
LilJz (Dueling Network) - Empty Jars (9 points)
Cirrus (Dueling Network) - 'yolo homebrew deck' (35 points)
SetheKing (Dueling Network) - Dragons (3 points)
Zagan (Dueling Network) - Batteries (7 points)
BtanH (Dueling Network) - Infernity (7 points)

Tag Participants
AlexOzzyCake x François - Red-Eyes x Blue-Eyes

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Username: Olli97
Deck: Gem-knights
Preferred Platform: Never used YGOPro, so Duel Network it is!

Hngg I'm most likely gonna lose every single battle. I've only played like 4 battles so far, so I feel sorry for anyone who's gonna put up with battling with me :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Beat Dark Leader Adam 2-0

JUST A QUICK NOTE GUYS
From all the people dueling so far, a lot have been having problems with Dueling Network so I suggest downloading YGOPro for the tournament (link in OP).

Honest

Hi!
Years
Just gonna say, I tried downloading YGOPro and it did something funny to my security system. =/

Username: Bloodex
Deck: Exodia
Preferred Platform: Dueling Network! Sorry, but I'm not downloading YGOPro, my father got really pissed at me at what it did to the laptop. :I

Lost to AlexOzzyCake (0-2)
Lost to Francois (0-2)
Won to Mr X. (2-0)
Lost to Liljz1234 (1-2)
Lost to AlexOzzyCake (1-2)
Won to Liljz1234 (2-0)
Won to AlexOzzyCake (2-0)

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Exodia? Bloodex, you little troll...

I'm not sure what deck I should use now. I was thinking to run with ol reliable, my anti-heal, but now I'm really considering using a little deck of pure evil that I've been working on for a couple months.

Blah. I'll hopefully settle on a deck in a few hours.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Exodia? Bloodex, you little troll...

I'm not sure what deck I should use now. I was thinking to run with ol reliable, my anti-heal, but now I'm really considering using a little deck of pure evil that I've been working on for a couple months.

Blah. I'll hopefully settle on a deck in a few hours.

They certainly sound like interesting decks, can't wait to see which you choose :o

Beat Bloodex's Exodia deck 2-0. That was really fun ahah.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Nowadays you'd have to run a FTK Exodia if you wanted results. Even then, its still sheer luck - If you end up going second on the first duel then odd's are your going to lose the match.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Nowadays you'd have to run a FTK Exodia if you wanted results. Even then, its still sheer luck - If you end up going second on the first duel then odd's are your going to lose the match.
I use an Underdog Exodia deck. It's not even slightly reliable, but when it does well it does very well haha.

Lost vs François' Harpies, 2-0.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
^ And make sure you re-battle us because your new decks will be awesome ;D

Honest

Hi!
Years
Haha, I don't know about THAT, but alright. :3 Thinking about using my Ancient Gear deck, except that sucks. So let's see. :3

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
We can swap decks?

Makes it a bit easier to decide what deck to use I guess.

Username - Mr. X/asdfth13
Deck - Reverse Burn
Platform - Dueling Network

Lost 0-2 against Alex (Reverse Burn V Batteryman)
Lost 1-2 against Francois (Reverse Burn V Harpies)
Lost 0-2 against Bloodex (Reverse Burn V Exodia)
Won 2-0 against SetheKing (Reverse Burn V Warriors?)
Won 2-0 against Alex (Savage Burn V Beatdown?)
Not Complete 0-1-1 against Alex (Reverse Self-Destruct V Glad Beasts)
Lost 0-2 against Cirrus (Reverse Burn V Machu Mech OTK/Constellars)
Won 2-0 against Thunder Dwarf (Reverse Burn V Batteryman)
Lost 0-2 against Bloodex (Brainwashing V something)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oh I love AG, definitely a good choice to use!

And welcome, Mr X! We should duel soon. :D

New points system
2-0 win: 3 points
2-1 win: 3 points
1-2 loss: 2 points
0-2 loss: 1 point

Basically we thought this'd better reflect who's actually been dueling and give everyone some credit haha.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
How are we going to do the coolest deck contest? Just by what we're using in the tournament, or just post what we want to enter for it?

Edit - Changed to Reverse Burn - Savage would be a good deck to get coolest deck with, but it's not exactly... reliable.

My DN name is asdfth13 - Message me whenever since I'm on right now.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I would so give this a go if I wasn't going to miss most of the get together ><.

Back