• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Plot Bunny Thread

Is Fire Emblem: Conjoinst Souls something that you'd be interested in reading?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I'm supposed to be studying chemistry, but screw that. Numbers are floating out of my ears at the moment. Besides, this is studying English isn't it?

Spoiler:

Well, glad I could help! Now I can go back to "studying", whatever that means.

dbcification

Long-Time Lurker
Years
I have two questions.

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

If anyone can help me out on either of these points, I'd be much obliged.

Last edited:

psyanic

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Are spoiler tags the new trend or something?

Welcome to FF&W as well as the world of Fanfiction, dbcification! It's an exciting world, writing is. Length is not a concern. If people criticize you for length, it would be about how you rushed this, or it didn't flow like this, or this wasn't shown to be important enough, or anything else. Overall, it shouldn't matter. Long or short, as long as it's good writing, it's fine. People do not get turned off by long stories, trust me. I mean people read books all the time. I read the last Harry Potter book the day it came out because I was so excited, despite it breaking 700 pages. It did take me all day to finish it, but that's okay. It was a really good read and a satisfying ending. The same applies for fanfiction. Write as much as you need to get your story across, that's all that really matters.

The protagonist leaving isn't a prologue, I'll tell you that right now. A prologue would be some big event that sets your story into motion, like 9/11 caused the war on terror. Yeah, that's not exactly a story example but you get the point. Preferably, you should write in chapters. A lot of authors have acts, but that's just to separate the chapters. Not many release their story in acts. Use chapters. It's neater and easier to track, posting each chapter one at a time.

So now, onto the egg and Sneasel. Yes, they are known to be seriously vicious, but that doesn't mean there aren't exceptions. I don't see why that would be so important to Professor Elm; it's just one Pokemon. It's temperament is a bit more mild, but overall it's still a Sneasel. It doesn't have three arms or an extra head, so why he'd be interested is beyond me. Professor Elm studies eggs, right? It would more canon if Professor Elm wanted to study the aging of a Pokemon hatched from an egg in captivity versus one in the wild, so he could ask Ethan about that and his help in research that way. In this case, you can mention how different its nature is from other Sneasel because of the way it was raised, you might mention egg moves, there are a lot of things you could do in that case. It's far more interesting rather than, "This Sneasel wouldn't hurt a fly. I think I want to study why!" If he studied people like that, he'd study everyone. He'd wonder why some people like this type of music and not this, because that's the standard kind. He'd survey what their favorite hairstyle was, and he'd be running around the world with a lot of questions. He'd wonder why some people can solve math problems, whereas others can't without a calculator.

Ironically, Ash is like that. I mean the way you're describing the character, since you want to use his mindset. AKA, being a complete doofus, can't tie his own shoes without yelling Thunderbolt, can't put 2 and 2 together (literally), etc. He also loses his temper easily, like when he met Paul in Sinnoh. I swear every time they met, Ash tried to act cool and Paul called him a loser and voila, Pokemon battle! The same goes with Trip, because that prick calls Ash a hick all the time. Come on Trip, get some new insults. Red neck jokes get old. Anyway, your character wants revenge? That's a different meal. Revenge is a meal best served cold. That's a big tone, in my opinion. The antagonist would have to do something more than just piss him off. It would be interesting to see his demeanor change as he continually meets his rival and his Sneasel feeds off that dark personality. And then they keep adding their negative influence, so you get some really messed up character. And that's freaking awesome. Now that does complicate things since you want that goody goody stuff in him. I mean, the only thing you can really do is change him. Don't make him be like Ash, a snot-nosed, selfish kid, and make him really chill or something. Either way, you'll figure something out.

Oh, one last topic: Eggs. Nah, that's not a big deal. Pokemon are practically worshipped in their world, so receiving a Pokemon egg is like catching one without the effort. The problem is how they receive the egg, but you won't reveal the plot so there's nothing else I can say.

Yeah, I finished! I'm so happy. Well, now I wasted about 10 minutes typing and doing nothing but help other people, when I should study. But studying is really boring and I prefer writing and reviewing and that stuff. Oh well. Big woop. Good luck with your story and I'll be looking forward to reading it!

dbcification

Long-Time Lurker
Years
Are spoiler tags the new trend or something?

Yes. Yes they are. :D

Spoiler:

That's good. I was worried that people would just click away after they saw the length. Chapters do certainly sound more manageable, so I'm taking your advice there, even though it means I'll have a ton of posts to write them all up on here. :/

Spoiler:

Well, the reason behind Sneasel's nature being such a big deal is that
Spoiler:

So, I've payed a lot of attention to it because it sets up a line of communication for Ethan to take his mind off the situation that brought him to Johto, and it allows Professor Elm to get some much needed help on his research, since his assistant
Spoiler:

isn't around anymore. It also allows for Ethan and the supporting protagonist (who I'm calling Lyra (may change, not sure on it yet) to meet and for some kind of bond to start between the two of them.

Spoiler:

So that's why I focus on Sneasel and Professor Elm's interest in it. I'm sure I could find another way to do what I'm trying to do, but that's the one that made the most sense in my head.

Spoiler:

That's really good advice, yeah. In light of what's above in my spoiler'd sections, I wanted to sort of keep Ethan friendly enough and outgoing enough to not alienate the supporting protagonist, even though both of them are motivated by revenge. I haven't really imagined any sort of rival for Ethan except the supporting protagonist, and it's not one of the Gold/Silver type of rivalries where the rival is someone who is the polar opposite of the protagonist, regardless of their reasoning.
Spoiler:

I definitely want the situation they're both in to slowly change him, but I guess I'd rather him turn into a rather dark hero who still knows where he stands on his values and beliefs (they can change, I just want him to know them) even though he's become so jaded and hurt by all the stuff that will happen to him over the story rather than turn from a mostly happy character to a sort of anti-hero (if that made any sense whatsoever). So this paragraph is mainly a sounding board. XD

Spoiler:

Okay, so how about
Spoiler:

Because that's how I've envisioned Lyra getting the egg of said rare Pokemon. Does that sound too cliche or too... I don't know, badfic-y?

Yeah, I finished! I'm so happy. Well, now I wasted about 10 minutes typing and doing nothing but help other people, when I should study. But studying is really boring and I prefer writing and reviewing and that stuff. Oh well. Big woop. Good luck with your story and I'll be looking forward to reading it!

Bah, time's never wasted when you're doing something you enjoy.

Years
Well, thanks psyanic. But now that that I think about it, I need a few final things solved before I feel I'm ready to continue with the fic:

Spoiler:

Once again thank you for the help you guys have been giving me.

psyanic

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
My, my, my. My. So many people to help! Yes, two is a lot in my book. I don't have very high standards. That's just depressing... These spoiler tags are annoying me now. Boo~

Okay, so first at dbcification:

Your Sneasel idea is still a bit off. I think the point of training Pokemon is to make Pokemon stronger. Being different doesn't necessarily help it. Looking for the perfect Pokemon is like finding your special other. Your special other is not perfect, I'll tell you that right now. It's all about looking for the person you can see in the perfect light. Stop looking for the perfect thing, make it perfect for you. The Sneasel should be perfect for the trainer. It should be like a match. Studying abnormal behavior (which is really subjective in my opinion) in Pokemon is, like I said before, trying to figure out what a normal person is like. It's impossible to do that because everybody is different. Honestly, making Sneasel so "special" makes the idea of it seem forced. Try to work in the canon. I know I mentioned this before, but I'm really starting to like the idea of Professor Elm wanting to study how Pokemon born/raised in captivity differ from those in the wild. It's just more logical.

I know you want Team Rocket to be stronger than usual, but taking over regions just isn't realistic. Team Rocket is as strong as they are depending on your world. That's part of world building. Make them how you want them to be, don't judge them based on the games. Look at a few other works of fanfiction. If you can't find any decent ones, just message me or Google, or even Bing if you're feeling lucky. A few have Team Rocket and they're not exactly wimps, but trainers aren't looking for the perfect Pokemon. They just battle them or fight against them the way they always do, with their normally trained Pokemon.

Okay, so for the whole Ilex Forest thing. I mean, that's not a bad idea as long as the writing is solid. Then again, that's the case for anything really. I never heard of Celebi laying an egg to begin with. What's more important is why is it injured? And why would it trust the duo with an egg? It's not the fact that it just disappears, but more of the fact that its introduction and its behavior act more in canon.

Yeah, no spoiler tags. I'm being a rebel.

And now for FourCartridge! Yay! Even though he's probably getting tired of my rants... Oh well. He'll just deal with it.

Spoiler:

Geez, you ask some hard questions. It makes my brain shed a few pounds, which isn't good if you think about it literally.

Years
I had an idea here and I'll write it out;

(this one is very weird so bare with me)

Out of revenge for being the main reason for hating herself, Palkia wraps the moon to a different dimension. As Palkia sits back and enjoys her suffering, Cresselia is distraught over the moon's disappearance and angrily orders her underlings to search for it. While Giratina and her friends try to help her cope through this unfortunate situation, the moon goddess feels that she should get to the bottom of the situation. Who would be so vile as to steal the moon?

So she seeks the strongest Pokemon of Unova to use her Psychic powers to align the stars and trace the moon and figure out the culprit.

psyanic

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I'm pretty sure you mean "warps" instead of "wraps" here. Now, I'm not entirely clear on Palkia's motive. You word it a bit awkwardly, making it seem like Palkia hates herself out of revenge. I think you mean Cresselia hurt her feelings, but then again, I'm not sure. You might want to clear that up before the story starts though.

I didn't think Cresselia really had a following or grunts or underlings. She's pretty much solo, just like Darkrai. They're both alone for good reason though. Cresselia is like the dream keeper of the Pokemon world, so all she does is fly around. I'm assuming she uses the moon to do her rounds, like Santa Clause flies around all night and only during the night. I think immediately, she'd assume the culprit to be Darkrai. So the story should start around there, accusing Darkrai, while he continually laughs like a cynic. And stuff like that, ya know? Totally a random suggestion, but who knows?

I'm always wondering why people try to make their characters find this Pokemon because it's so powerful. So I hope you do satisfy when it comes to explaining what it is and why it's wanted. It is kind of cheating for Palkia, since she can just hide in one of her dimensions for a while, so I'm interested to see how that'll turn out.

Other than that, I can't say too much. It's a good idea, though a bit quirky, but that's fine. Just make sure to stick to a bit of canon. One thing I appreciate in stories is logic. Good luck!

dbcification

Long-Time Lurker
Years
My, my, my. My. So many people to help! Yes, two is a lot in my book. I don't have very high standards. That's just depressing... These spoiler tags are annoying me now. Boo~

Okay, so first at dbcification:

Your Sneasel idea is still a bit off. I think the point of training Pokemon is to make Pokemon stronger. Being different doesn't necessarily help it. Looking for the perfect Pokemon is like finding your special other. Your special other is not perfect, I'll tell you that right now. It's all about looking for the person you can see in the perfect light. Stop looking for the perfect thing, make it perfect for you. The Sneasel should be perfect for the trainer. It should be like a match. Studying abnormal behavior (which is really subjective in my opinion) in Pokemon is, like I said before, trying to figure out what a normal person is like. It's impossible to do that because everybody is different. Honestly, making Sneasel so "special" makes the idea of it seem forced. Try to work in the canon. I know I mentioned this before, but I'm really starting to like the idea of Professor Elm wanting to study how Pokemon born/raised in captivity differ from those in the wild. It's just more logical.

I know you want Team Rocket to be stronger than usual, but taking over regions just isn't realistic. Team Rocket is as strong as they are depending on your world. That's part of world building. Make them how you want them to be, don't judge them based on the games. Look at a few other works of fanfiction. If you can't find any decent ones, just message me or Google, or even Bing if you're feeling lucky. A few have Team Rocket and they're not exactly wimps, but trainers aren't looking for the perfect Pokemon. They just battle them or fight against them the way they always do, with their normally trained Pokemon.

Okay, so for the whole Ilex Forest thing. I mean, that's not a bad idea as long as the writing is solid. Then again, that's the case for anything really. I never heard of Celebi laying an egg to begin with. What's more important is why is it injured? And why would it trust the duo with an egg? It's not the fact that it just disappears, but more of the fact that its introduction and its behavior act more in canon.

Yeah, no spoiler tags. I'm being a rebel.

Geez, you ask some hard questions. It makes my brain shed a few pounds, which isn't good if you think about it literally.

I've thought on this for a couple days, and I'm going to have to take a few more to figure out my direction with this additional input...

However, I want to ask about my ending/ending third of the story. I just want to say, this is heavy, heavy spoilers ahead. Sorry. :/

Also this is a ridiculously long part, so don't feel as if you have to read it all at once and comment all at once.

Spoiler:

Any thoughts on this massive amount of text would be appreciated.

psyanic

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Haha! Long things to read fills me with glee. That sounded better in my head. And no! Another spoiler tag... Nah, who cares. I'm wondering how long it'll take for me to fully respond to everything. Here I go!

Spoiler:

dbcification

Long-Time Lurker
Years
Haha! Long things to read fills me with glee. That sounded better in my head. And no! Another spoiler tag... Nah, who cares. I'm wondering how long it'll take for me to fully respond to everything. Here I go!

Spoiler:

Geez.... Replying on my iPod, so the spoilers are really acting up.

In general, I'm glad I posted this because you can help temper my ideas. I was worried about the amount of legendaries, and upon thinking it over, I don't know why I wrote that Celebi was caught.

Spoiler:

I see your points on Cynthia and the Psychic type gathering, it does seem a bit odd... In my defense, I barely played Gen IV except for Heart Gold, so most of my knowledge of Cynthia is hurriedly Bulbapedia'd.

As a last note on the Ethan/Lyra name choice... It actually started off as a set of placeholder names, but as I wrote and imagined and experienced the story with and through them, I really got attached to them as characters in their own right, and I think after I start posting the story, you'll see that as well. This may be a bit weird, but on occasion, I will sort of get in character and answer for/through them to sort of flesh them out. If its weird... Meh, I don't care, it works. :P

Whew, that took about twenty minutes on my iPod.

Years
I'm pretty sure you mean "warps" instead of "wraps" here. Now, I'm not entirely clear on Palkia's motive. You word it a bit awkwardly, making it seem like Palkia hates herself out of revenge. I think you mean Cresselia hurt her feelings, but then again, I'm not sure. You might want to clear that up before the story starts though.

I didn't think Cresselia really had a following or grunts or underlings. She's pretty much solo, just like Darkrai. They're both alone for good reason though. Cresselia is like the dream keeper of the Pokemon world, so all she does is fly around. I'm assuming she uses the moon to do her rounds, like Santa Clause flies around all night and only during the night. I think immediately, she'd assume the culprit to be Darkrai. So the story should start around there, accusing Darkrai, while he continually laughs like a cynic. And stuff like that, ya know? Totally a random suggestion, but who knows?

I'm always wondering why people try to make their characters find this Pokemon because it's so powerful. So I hope you do satisfy when it comes to explaining what it is and why it's wanted. It is kind of cheating for Palkia, since she can just hide in one of her dimensions for a while, so I'm interested to see how that'll turn out.

Other than that, I can't say too much. It's a good idea, though a bit quirky, but that's fine. Just make sure to stick to a bit of canon. One thing I appreciate in stories is logic. Good luck!

Yeah I meant to say warps lol

In my Pokeverse here, Palkia was teased by Cresselia because of her powers. So in the current story I'm writing now, Palkia got to see just how powerful she really is. So in this idea, she starts to get angry with Cresselia for teasing her all this time. That's why she warps the moon in this idea.

Oh as for the Pokemon being sought out, it's not only because she's powerful but she has the ability to align the stars and feel the dimensions with her psychic abilities.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys for a long time I have wanted to write a pokemon story. I have tried many times,but was never successful in finishing it. So this time,I came with a diffrent approach. Having 2 main characters who start and travel together. I also finaly have a more pokemon anime like style,but also a real storyline. Of course their will be rivals,but haven't gotten that far yet. So I help in seeing if this will be any good. And hopefully it doesn't follow any movies.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

psyanic

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Glad to see you want to write stories! Welcome to FF&W and the magical world of writing Pokemon fics!

Before I say anything about what you wrote down, you might want to check your spelling and grammar and basic mechanics. Just from what you said, you don't space after commas, don't spell things correctly, using the wrong "their, they're, there", etc. So before you post, save readers the trouble of those errors so they can read it enjoyably and without too much of a hassle.

Sorry to tell you but having not one but two trainers traveling together is not something unspeakably new. It's a slightly different approach, but it's still pretty darn close to standard anyway.

Okay, so now you outlined us the characters. I think that's one of the biggest mistakes new writers tend to make. Do not save readers the trouble and try listing out random facts about your characters. You have appearances, and in stories, you usually don't bother with them. They're not important. Readers don't read because the main character is sexy. They read because the characters are interesting and have some kind of personality, which supplements a good ole plot. When you start telling us Dalex is 5'11, the first thing people think will be, "So what? Who cares?" Don't make that mistake. The same goes with the history. Unless it's completely vital to the plot, don't bother. It's also unimportant. Of course, if it somehow shapes how the character interacts because of a bad experience, then yeah, say something about it. But don't give us an biography on all the useless information.

And finally, you don't tell us much about the plot at all. You tell us everything but the plot, actually. Characters, setting, no plot. So there isn't much to say about that. I can only guess the two characters will travel Unova, get badges, conquer the Pokemon league while they beat Team Shadow.

Fixedthe_Fernback

I fixed it.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2013
So, I'm new to these forums and relatively new to writing fiction as well. More or so, re-introduced to writing. It's been years since I've actively applied my thoughts creatively into any literate format. However, I recently found myself ready to write and have had a lot of ideas being thrown around in my head with an equal amount of difficulty bringing any of them to full form.

Anyways, one of the ideas I'm working on is a tragic comedy about a wanna-be/would-be superhero named Char Man. Whether or not this man will be a Pokemorph or some deprived lunatic running around in a Charmander suit wielding a flamethrower, I haven't decided. I'm currently planning on it being a one-shot, but depending on how much I enjoy writing it and how much more story I can put into it could potentially become a series. The following is a summary for one idea I have related to the character:

Spoiler:

There you have. My love-letter to comic book heroes in all of their glory. Sound off and let me know what you think of my idea!

psyanic

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Seriously, what's with the spoilers? :c

The story is quite weird. And different. Very, very different. I can't help but wonder where the logic is in this story. He wants to kill his boss? Okay, I guess that's kind of sensible. I mean, who doesn't? But it's a tad extreme. Next, it's the fact that he's a human and any Pokemon can launch a Hyper Beam or Water Gun at him and he's screwed. Super heroes? Those are your justice trainers or whatever. Come on, trainers take down Team Rocket. Not even the police seem to do their job, so ten year olds with a Squirtle travel around and beat up a crime syndicate. For a person to run around with a flamethrower? What's the good in that in a Pokemon world? It would be slightly more plausible if this story took place in the real world, if at all.

And I'm wondering where the plot actually comes in. He's a lunatic who wants to save the world, whatever. Not my problem. Where's the adversity? People trying to chase him down?

One more question, what kind of idiot is mugging a person in front of Silph Co.? It's obviously populated there and quite a busy street with all the employees coming and going, so I guess you're implying that he sees the mugging way before Silph Co.

Fixedthe_Fernback

I fixed it.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2013
@psyanic
Wow, you really tore that idea apart but that's good. You gave me honest critique and it is greatly appreciated, however I disagree with some of your points...

The story is quite weird. And different. Very, very different. I can't help but wonder where the logic is in this story.

Yes, it is different for the Pokemon world, at least. I'm simply playing off of things we see more often in the real world, and less in the Pokemon world. Super hero stories are a dime a dozen in real life and it seems strange to me that it isn't a genre explored within Pokemon, especially since there are so many cool creatures and concepts that could be used to create a legitimate hero within the Pokemon world.

He wants to kill his boss?Okay, I guess that's kind of sensible. I mean, who doesn't? But it's a tad extreme.

The goal was sabotage, not murder. I'd elaborate further, but that would be a bit spoiler-ish, if the story were to come to fruition anyways.

Next, it's the fact that he's a human and any Pokemon can launch a Hyper Beam or Water Gun at him and he's screwed.
Very, very good point. I'll admit I hadn't considered that yet, but it gives me something to think about.

Super heroes? Those are your justice trainers or whatever. Come on, trainers take down Team Rocket. Not even the police seem to do their job, so ten year olds with a Squirtle travel around and beat up a crime syndicate.

Super heroes, why not? I've honestly always wondered where the logic was in young children battling crime syndicates, and it's seen in every OT/journey fic written. It's over-used and highly unfitting for the kind of story I have in mind.

For a person to run around with a flamethrower? What's the good in that in a Pokemon world? It would be slightly more plausible if this story took place in the real world, if at all.

That's why this story won't take place in the tradition Pokemon world. It isn't a traditional Pokemon fan-fic, so I'll likely create my own alternate universe for it to exist within. There aren't any rules against that, as far as I know.

And I'm wondering where the plot actually comes in. He's a lunatic who wants to save the world, whatever. Not my problem. Where's the adversity? People trying to chase him down?

Perhaps you aren't as familiar with the super hero genre as I am, but all self-respecting heroes have a villain of either equal or greater match. He'll have one, and it will ultimately be his un-doing, but I've yet to really decide who or even what it will be. Also, there are matters of the public and law enforcement, and whether or not they will support him or think of him as a menace. They could easily become enemies themselves

One more question, what kind of idiot is mugging a person in front of Silph Co.? It's obviously populated there and quite a busy street with all the employees coming and going, so I guess you're implying that he sees the mugging way before Silph Co.

Good point, but I pictured that particular scene happening late at night/early in the morning. Perhaps one of the employees from Silph Co. on their way to work or leaving for home. It's definitely a plot point that can and will have a bit more thought put into to it.

Anyways, thanks a lot for giving your insight. While I didn't agree with some of your points, you did offer me a few things to think about, and those are things that will greatly attribute to the story's overall quality.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
"The Rocket Wars" drawing board.

I am planning a new fanfic that I will work on during my Spring Break.

It will be based off an old RP called "Deadly Alliance" from PE2K, created by Dark Amethyst.

In the plot. Ash Ketchum turns to the side of Team Rocket, after Giovanni tricks the ten-year-old into believing that he is Giovanni's son.

Meanwhile, Giovanni has power in the mainlands of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova, having some of his agents eliminate Teams Magma, Aqua, Galactic, and Plasma, then brainwashing the remaining members to join Team Rocket.

Giovanni wants to, obviously, rule the world with an iron fist, killing those who oppose him, and enslaving those who can't stand up to join the growing rebellion.

On a remote Island, victims of the Rockets' tyranny are starting a rebellion, ordered by Arceus. They call themselves "Pokemon Crusaders". So far, the small subgroups in the Crusader base are the White Ninjas (Normal and Flying specialists), the Brown Berserkers (Fighting, Rock, and Ground specialists), the Red Gladiators (Fire specialists), the Green Samurai (Grass and Bug Specialists), the Yellow Spartans (Electric specialists), the Purple Gurus (Psychic, Ghost, and Poison specialists), the Blue Pirates (Water and Ice specialists), the Black Knights (Dark specialists), the Silver Hunters (Steel Specialists), and the Gold Vikings (Dragon specialists).

The two founding leaders of the Crusader rebellion are a young couple whose wedding was forced to be postponed in order to fulfill an ancient prophecy involving a war on the Rockets. Eric Damon watches over the activities of Brown Berserkers, Green Samurai, Purple Gurus, Black Knights, and Gold Vikings. Peggy Owen does so for White Ninjas, Red Gladiators, Yellow Spartans, Blue Pirates, and Silver Hunters.

Each chapter will have two sides: The Rockets and The Crusaders.

Will good triumph over evil? Or will Giovanni finally achieve his goal of world domination?

Read "The Rocket Wars" to find out. Coming soon to PokeCommunity!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I don't know where to put this. I would put it in the plot bunny thread, but you seem willing to go with writing this already. And it's not just an announcement for a fic, because you haven't posted it yet.

I'll move this to the plot bunny thread so if you would like opinions on the plot, you can get it there.

But as a general rule, you can't post a thread in the Writer's Lounge just saying that you're going to be posting a fic soon.

Years
revenge fics

I asked this question on serebii and bulbagarden and got different responses. How can you pull this off?

I had an idea of one. The story takes places a few weeks after a story I'm currently working on called Space lives on my breath. In this upcoming one, Palkia wants to seek revenge on Cresselia, a girl who has been tormenting her for her abilities for the past 3 years. The reason Palkia did this? When Palkia started school, Cresselia has always made fun of her and made her school life miserable. She would call her names, make fun of her spatial abilities, and throw things at her, and even get the other Pokemon to join in. And for those 2 years even when she was at home, Cresselia's words hurt Palkia to the point that she thought she was worthless. When in reality, Cresselia makes fun of Palkia because she dislikes that Palkia was technically the strongest female Pokemon in class when it has always been her. If the other Pokemon knew that then she wouldn't be popular anymore. Plus she felt that she had a better life and better boyfriend than she did. Darkrai mostly comes at night to that's the only time she gets to see him that is until he had to be enrolled in school. During that time in this story, he learns that the time he spends with Cresselia means alot not only to her but it starts to make him better as well.

How she does this is that when Cresselia, her servants and her friends are having a party, she warps the moon to her dimension. Or another revenge plot I had was her messing her up for her party, like ruining her beauty.

Also, she does this because Cresselia has been saying all this time that space was nothing, but in another fic, you'll know that it's not the case.

I know with the moon there are tides involved but will this be reasonable for a revenge fic?

Back