• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Akuroma

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
He's certainly not the regional professor seeing as Juniper is still in operation. Bianca helps her give the protagonists their starters.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
He's certainly not the regional professor seeing as Juniper is still in operation. Bianca helps her give the protagonists their starters.

That and the fact that Akuroma isn't a Professor to begin with. Akuroma is a Researcher.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
I think akuroma would pull a "Charon" on all of us but he would also help the trainer out

Example: Akuroma without the protags knowledge would be the top researcher of team ??? Like charon But he would aid the trainer in various ways

The reason i see him helping the trainer is because in a world tornament screenshot you see him on stage with the protag

Edit: also what if he pulls a "cynthia" helping the player but ending up being a champion

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think akuroma would pull a "Charon" on all of us but he would also help the trainer out

Example: Akuroma without the protags knowledge would be the top researcher of team ??? Like charon But he would aid the trainer in various ways

The reason i see him helping the trainer is because in a pokéwood screenshot you see him on stage with the protag

If you are talkin about the one where he walks up and meets the Protag in the center stage with a crowd around him, that's the World Tournament, not Pokewood.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Oops about to change it

But wait....

If he appears in the world tornament(which is most likely post-game) that means he will not play an evil character because by the time you apprehend team ??? he would have disappeared.

If he works for team ??? why would he return to the world tornament if we apprehended him?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Who is Akuroma?

there are rumors going around that he invented the World Tournament (which is highly possible)

some say that he is the new leader of team plasma/ "Neo" Team Plasma

but the question stands... who is Akuroma?

lets theorize!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
We know he is a Researcher that does not agree with Team Plasma's ideals that Pokemon should be separated from Humans for them to reach their highest potential.

Other than that, nothing else has been said.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
We know he is a Researcher that does not agree with Team Plasma's ideals that Pokemon should be separated from Humans for them to reach their highest potential.

Other than that, nothing else has been said.
He also Researches Pokemon Strength, so interestingly enough, him and team plasmas ideals can coincide good with each other.

maybe he plays a role like Scott in RSE and invites you to this world tournament.

another thing that is possible is he could be a spy and lead the team plasma dressed in the old uniforms? farfetched but possible

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
there are rumors going around that he invented the World Tournament (which is highly possible)

some say that he is the new leader of team plasma/ "Neo" Team Plasma

but the question stands... who is Akuroma?

lets theorize!
We've already got a thread about Akuroma here. Let's keep everything in there. :)

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
so we all agree he maybe affiliated with the World Tournament, but his name still basically means Evil, so i think there's something deeper here.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
There is something still up with him, why would he have a meeting with the player at night? maybe he's more involved with the story then we thought

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well, maybe it's something to do with the moon, as in... the moon holds the key to his developments or something? Since idk I noticed the moon specifically in that scene.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The time of day he meets with the player probably has no meaning. If its an automated event in the game, its going to happen during the day when you get to that point if you are playing during the day.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
It would be incredible if Akuroma is evil, and by all means he definitely looks evil. But even in the trailer for the new games, when the protagonist comes face-to-face with Akuroma, he either looks confused or reproachful, so I can only think that he is not a good guy.

Guy

just a guy
Years
There's something about Akuroma that when you look at him, he gives you this certain vibe like he may have his own motives in the game, and not one with exactly good intentions either. However, if he really is the founder behind the World Tournament like people keep saying, then it makes sense since he apparently studies the strength of Pokémon.

Still, I agree with those who seem to have this certain type of offset about his character. He may not be evil, but there's a distinct sent of mystery behind his character in my opinion. Out of all the new characters being introduced, Akuroma is the one who probably interests me the most.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The time of day he meets with the player probably has no meaning. If its an automated event in the game, its going to happen during the day when you get to that point if you are playing during the day.

Could be something that only appears at a time of day though, maybe like a post-game thing where he just appears, kinda like how the Royal Unova happens at a certain time of day. Just idk chances are it could not even be a part of the story and rather gives context to something else. I wouldn't put that past GF.

Back