• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Sorry about the brief absence, guys. I had to write a newspaper article One night's notice :p and fill out a job application, so I had my hands full with that. I promise I'll catch up on everything when I get home from school today.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
This probably isn't the proper forum for this, koff~

Has anyone here actually delved into the grim and dark future that is the Black Crusade? I've been debating on purchasing the game master kit and such. I wonder if it would even be worth the time. So I was just wondering if anyone has heard of it or even played with it.

Just in case you don't know: The Black Crusade is a swathe of murder, dissection, rape, pillaging, daemons and chaos. Set in the Warhammer 40,000, the Black Crusade puts you into the boots of a fledgling heretic, a foul witch, a battle hardened chaos astartes horror, a traitor to the Mechanicum, a daemon and more nasty things that lurk in the dark. It seems really interesting and I don't want to play by myself. This isn't just a simple text by text role play. This is role play in terms of dungeons and dragons, koffi~

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
From what you wrote, I think you are correct in saying you've reached the incorrect thread! This is a thread for forum-based text roleplay, and if I'm correct, you're looking for a roleplay video game board.

If not, then ignore this post entirely, please.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Well, it's far from a videogame, I'll tell you that, koff~

The reason I was asking is because everything about the Warhammer 40,000 universe is heavily steeped in text. Books upon books, stories based upon the devouring of worlds. It's not something that you just throw dice and move pieces about on the board unfortunately. Far more complex than that. The manual for how to play weighs enough to give my wrists cramps.

Thanks for responding though, koffi~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
What you are talking about might go in the General Entertainment section, in case you want to find people to discuss that with!

By the way, Peter or Maddy, if you feel like the library should be updated, you are free to do it xD I really forget about that thing lately, sorry for that.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
This is related to a my previous post about the map, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in an idea of a new roleplay idea. Everything is still very much a work in progress, but I just wanted to gauge interest.

The roleplay would be a group of new trainers who were given (rare) pokemon by a mysterious but charismatic man/woman (I haven't decided on that part yet) at the request that he can act as a mentor to the trainers in their journey. The roleplay begins a month after the characters received their first pokemon from the man and have become somewhat adept at training (think around level 20 with a few pokemon.) He requests that the trainers help him in taking down the local evil group, who have been capturing local legendary pokemon and committing terrorists acts over the past few years.

The mentor character will give them the location of one of their hideouts that seemed appropriate for their level. The roleplay would continue with them traveling around the region as they take on more missions from the Mentor.

However as they progress they will quickly learn of the actual motives behind the 'evil' team and begin to question if their actions have actually been the right thing to do. Furthermore the trainers will begin to question and learn more about their mysterious Mentor, his history and his motives behind all this work.

Legendaries will play a big role in the roleplay as they'll be objectives that will be fought over between the players team and the evil team, depending on success, characters can actually catch legendaries, but so will the evil team in defeat, in fact the evil team will have a few big players already captured (Mewtwo being a very important one) and are researching the locations of others. (I won't allow Legendaries in normal battles, due to plot appropriate reasons and wanting to avoid having the player feel super-all-powerful in more normal situations, but they will be available for high stakes battles.

I'm still plotting out a lot of the history of the region itself, but the main idea is that it will be a two island region, with the northern island split into a northern and southern part, separated by a huge wall.
The far north is very isolated, with few people living there, but it is high in dark, ghosts, and psychic types, dragons types are also fairly common, it's also the only place where one can find ice type pokemon. It's very cold and mountainous place, full of savages and dangers. Trainers won't be allowed into the north unless they get the four gym badges of the south(which becomes a secondary objective during the roleplay) or are capable of climbing the wall without them. There are no gyms in the north, only mystery and danger.
The south will be a bit more comfortable, made of mostly forested regions, plains, and beaches. The roleplay will start in the south in the capital port city. It's fairly advance compared to the two other parts of the regions and is the only place with electric types. Grass, bug , poison, and normal are very common here. There are two gyms in the southern region.
The southern island is a very hot and humid place, comparable to the Caribbean. The people here are much darker than the rest of the region. The island has a large volcano and is the only place where fire types can be found. Rock and ground pokemon are incredibly common here, though there are unique grass, water, and dragon types unique only to the island. Like the south, this part of the region only has 2 gyms.

To counteract certain types not being readily available, there will be local breeders who will be willing to trade or sell pokemon to trainers in certain towns. Pokemon from the north will generally be worth more than pokemon from the south, though everything depends on location.

I'm hoping for the roleplay to be very dynamic and involving a lot of loss and drama. So that I don't have the whole plot outlines beforehand, I was hoping that some battles (and indirectly big decisions) might be decided over battle simulators (like pokemon online) with team stats and such being saved in a -pad somewhere. I was also planning some nuzlocke-esque rules so pokemon can die and will when losing certain battles. Of course I'm not going to force complete wipes for every lost, but I'd like to image stakes for bad battles would be pretty fun and promote better decision making.

I ended up making this post a lot longer than intended, but I might as well not waste it now with all the effort I put in. Let me know if you're interested or have any pointers in what I should do with direction/writing.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
This is related to a my previous post about the map, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in an idea of a new roleplay idea. Everything is still very much a work in progress, but I just wanted to gauge interest.

The roleplay would be a group of new trainers who were given (rare) pokemon by a mysterious but charismatic man/woman (I haven't decided on that part yet) at the request that he can act as a mentor to the trainers in their journey. The roleplay begins a month after the characters received their first pokemon from the man and have become somewhat adept at training (think around level 20 with a few pokemon.) He requests that the trainers help him in taking down the local evil group, who have been capturing local legendary pokemon and committing terrorists acts over the past few years.

The mentor character will give them the location of one of their hideouts that seemed appropriate for their level. The roleplay would continue with them traveling around the region as they take on more missions from the Mentor.

However as they progress they will quickly learn of the actual motives behind the 'evil' team and begin to question if their actions have actually been the right thing to do. Furthermore the trainers will begin to question and learn more about their mysterious Mentor, his history and his motives behind all this work.

Legendaries will play a big role in the roleplay as they'll be objectives that will be fought over between the players team and the evil team, depending on success, characters can actually catch legendaries, but so will the evil team in defeat, in fact the evil team will have a few big players already captured (Mewtwo being a very important one) and are researching the locations of others. (I won't allow Legendaries in normal battles, due to plot appropriate reasons and wanting to avoid having the player feel super-all-powerful in more normal situations, but they will be available for high stakes battles..
Omg have you found my old hidden Arcanum notes? Haha, this is pretty much what I had in mind for that RP once upon a time.

I like the idea. Well made new regions are fun, especially if you don't loosely send your players out into it, but have a lot of story to guide them through and let them shape.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Omg have you found my old hidden Arcanum notes? Haha, this is pretty much what I had in mind for that RP once upon a time.

I like the idea. Well made new regions are fun, especially if you don't loosely send your players out into it, but have a lot of story to guide them through and let them shape.

Of course I haven't. Just don't run any virus scans anytime soon okay? Don't want my worm to be found out.

Yeah my goal is to have a rich world written out, but still let the roleplay be free so the plot can write itself and people can do what they want. Right now I'm trying to think of mythos behind legendaries and how they can be tied together, if people know about the legendaries existence and how people might respond to seeing a legendary that may or maynot have been held so highly by local culture being used against them by an 'evil' team. It's very fun to write, but there is just so much to think about when putting things together.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
So I'm thinking of going through with my idea of a Fallout roleplay. It will have two parts.

What I'm thinking, for the first part, it starts in the Southeast, much like 3. We'll be playing along the same similar plotline: You have the option to be a Vault outcast (2 spots), a generic Settler (4 Spots), a Raider (3 Spots), or a member of the Brotherhood of Steel (3 spots). I may or may not have that many people, seeing as it's a bit more than I'm equipped to work with, since the only roleplay I've GM'd before had 7 people. But we'll all start out in our respective places, like the Vault Dwellers will all come from the same Vault, but it doesn't necessarily have to be 101. The Brotherhood of Steel will start out as recruits at the Citadel, and the Settlers could be from anywhere, like Rivet City or Megaton. Raiders...They're Raiders. Eventually, all of our characters (who survive) will meet up at the GNR building and meet Three Dog, because I love that man and I have to put him in. He'll tell them about Project Purity and how they have to get the scientists of the Brotherhood of Steel and Rivet City to finish the project. When they finish getting it partially operational, the Enclave will return, much like in the game. From there on out we have the option to fight for either the Enclave or the Brotherhood, so it's generally up for the participants to determine the ending.

As for the Raiders, you can do whatever the Hell you want: Raise Hell, attack caravans, raid settlements, etc.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

YOU SHOULD STILL TOTALLY REMAKE THAT OR SOMETHING ASDFGHJKL:

@Kranic - If you need help linking the mythos and whatnot, I could try and help? I enjoy writing things that . . . I don't have to make a post-every-so-often commitment to. xD

Linking the legendaries and other pokemon mythos together can be fun. Although, I do enjoy it more if it has a "darker" tone to it.

I seriously want to do a kinda super dark pokemon roleplay in the near future.

EDIT: Also, do you guys think stuff like a
  • Chandelure grabbing a trainer by the neck and wrenching their poor, vibrant souls from their bodies or,
  • A nest of Galvantula that ensnare unwary passersby and keep them in their nest for food or,
  • Really any of the darker descriptions of certain pokemon being applied
are too violent for a lovely little journey roleplay? Lol, is it weird that I seriously really want to see stuff like that happen?

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
As long as it isn't grotesquely detailed, I think it could work for a Role-Play.There's a reason for ratings, and those themes are one of them.

I'm glad for the ratings here. You won't be mind-blown by the sudden twist in the tone of the story. Like PMMM. At first, you would think it as just any ordinary kid-friendly, 'Friendship will triumph over everything!' show. Until you get into the third episode. The pastel colors don't help.

Personally, I don't mind those themes. In fact, I'd like to touch upon the more psychological aspects of the characters. Light and Friendly, or Dark and Angst-y. I'm pretty grey about this.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
So I'm thinking of going through with my idea of a Fallout roleplay. It will have two parts.

What I'm thinking, for the first part, it starts in the Southeast, much like 3. We'll be playing along the same similar plotline: You have the option to be a Vault outcast (2 spots), a generic Settler (4 Spots), a Raider (3 Spots), or a member of the Brotherhood of Steel (3 spots). I may or may not have that many people, seeing as it's a bit more than I'm equipped to work with, since the only roleplay I've GM'd before had 7 people. But we'll all start out in our respective places, like the Vault Dwellers will all come from the same Vault, but it doesn't necessarily have to be 101. The Brotherhood of Steel will start out as recruits at the Citadel, and the Settlers could be from anywhere, like Rivet City or Megaton. Raiders...They're Raiders. Eventually, all of our characters (who survive) will meet up at the GNR building and meet Three Dog, because I love that man and I have to put him in. He'll tell them about Project Purity and how they have to get the scientists of the Brotherhood of Steel and Rivet City to finish the project. When they finish getting it partially operational, the Enclave will return, much like in the game. From there on out we have the option to fight for either the Enclave or the Brotherhood, so it's generally up for the participants to determine the ending.

As for the Raiders, you can do whatever the Hell you want: Raise Hell, attack caravans, raid settlements, etc.

Reserve me a BoS spot if you go ahead with the idea. I hate the enclave now in #2 they were good because they killed those vault 13 people.

Why is it good they didn't actually follow the rules they were supposed to line up single file... they didn't may aswell teach them a lesson with a mini-gun :/

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
So I thought about my RP and saw it looked too much like The Walking Dead and I had another idea, a little similar to the previous one. Would someone like to roleplay in a Robot Apocalypse kind?
-Basic Plot(just thought it up so it's not really detailed)
Spoiler:

I know it's not very good yet but I just started on it. Would anyone be interested?
PS: If anyone wants to help, drop me a VM :)

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
I'd be interested, but five spots seems tiiight- although it may be because I'm crazy about even numbers. Either way, it sounds quite interesting. I only have one question: Just how advanced are the robots in question? Do they look a lot like humans, or are they just raw metal? Do they have emotions? Stuff like that.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'm just thinking it so the number of spots may change. Also I had the idea of including an ability in these robots called "Morph". It allows them to change into human form but drains their energy quicker than usual. And they do not have emotions.

Years
Hoenn.jpg

[SIZE="+7"]H O E N N † D I A R I E S[/SIZE]
[ PRESS START ]

It's been several years ever since the events of Pokémon Emerald took place. Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza have returned to their eternal slumber in hidden sectors within the landmass, and the region of Hoenn has fallen into a state of peace and prosperity. More and more challengers are rising up as they try to take on both the Hoenn League and the contest scene - natives to the island and tourists alike -. Young trainers are appearing in droves each looking to achieve their goals and realize their every ambition. And you are one such trainer, a young male or female from Lavaridge Town or small settlements nearby, and you are about to begin your own journey. You will experience fierce battles, view captivating contests and take on many other challengers as you seek to fulfil your dreams – whatever they happen to be.

Alright guys, just one last little look at what you think before this gets submitted. As I said before this is a journey RP, but the focus is primarily the personal goals of our characters, competing in the league isn't even mandatory.

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I was thinking of a Roleplay earlier... I'm not really sure why I have the urge to bring it up, lately any series of any kind I like I think of what a RP of it would be like. Although it has the potential to be good it would be very hard to pull off well, constantly full of romance/lovey dovey feelings and mush, AND it would require over 10 people most likely to be all that interesting so... It's odds of survival would be terrible. But whatever, I'm here.

This RP would be based off of an (admittedly perverted, but hey the RP need not be) manga/anime called Sekirei. The basic concept is that a while back (I have to check just how long) two people found a strange alien looking construct thought to be a spaceship. Inside were tanks containing life forms: 1 adult, 8 embryos and 99 fertilized eggs. These life forms turned out to be people, with a genetic code similar to humans. These beings, dubbed "Sekirei" have strange powers beyond anything humans are capable of, but most of their power is locked away.

All Sekirei are people that would be considered "Beautiful" one way or another; most are women, some are effeminate men and very very few (Maybe 3 or 4 at the most) are more masculine men. Sekirei can only access the majority of their power(s) through contact with their Ashikabi. Ashikabi are (mostly) regular humans whose DNA is compatible with the Sekirei. An Ashikabi and a Sekirei become bonded for life through oral contact (A kiss if that wasn't obvious enough :P) this process is known as the Sekirei being "winged". A Sekirei's power is directly relative to the bond between them and their Ashikabi, as well as how many Sekirei their Ashikabi has.

Every Sekirei has a number, from 1 to 108. Number 1 is the Sekirei who was already an adult when discovered, and is wide accepted as the most powerful, winged or not. 2-9 are the Sekirei discovered as embryos, they are known as "Single Numbers" and are generally as powerful as a regular winged Sekirei before even having an Ashikabi; a single number and Ashikabi pair would have a distinct advantage against most others. The Sekirei are part of a scheme only called "The Sekirei Plan" that pits them against each other until only one is left and declared the best, there is no telling exactly why.

It definitely seems to me like it has a lot of potential as a Roleplay... but anyone can see it would be hard to make work, mainly because it would take a decent number of people since there would be Sekirei and Ashikabi, and all the other stuff I mentioned earlier. If I were to undertake such a matter what I've thought up so far is that there would be two player controlled single number Sekirei and a potentially infinite number of regular Sekirei and Ashikabi. People would choose when they created their characters if they were "Destined" or not. Destined characters are guaranteed to be partnered with someone else specifically, whom would be decided by mutual consent of the Sekirei and Ashikabi, or by anyone who made a Sekirei AND an Ashikabi and wanted them together (You would have to prove you were good enough to do this and still have an interesting and dynamic story/relationship between them first.) Very interesting in theory... but rather complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back