• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Harvest Moon Fan Club - Roundin' Up The Livestock!

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
wow cool thats a cool name Laugh!!!!

Thanks. It took me a while to figure out a name, though.

I love the huge character limits in FoMT/MFoMT when it comes to naming things, it makes it that much more fun :D

I was hoping we'd see them again in A New Beginning but sadly we're stuck with the six-character limit... It's worse than Pokemon ;n;

I agree. It sucks when I can't name something what I really want to name it then I have to think of another name all over again.

Also, I'm thinking of revamping the original post for the forum to jazz it up. I've just gotta figure out how to do it so that it'll look really nice... T-T

Good luck with that, Azalea! I'm sure it'll look fabulous once it's done. ;)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
I am trying to pick a bachelorette to marry on Animal Parade. Does anyone have any suggestions ;0;

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
... I know it is rather silly to revive a club over a month old, but I don't really wanna see this one die.

I recently got Tale of Two Towns. So far I own a Thoroughbred, two chickens, a sheep, and two cows. I have also recently married Reina. Because she is just so pretty.

I honestly have to say I like this game more than Friends of Mineral Town in many ways. The initial issue of choosing one town or the other is a very challenging one, and will definitely vary from person to person. The characters are still very appealing, ranging from a botanist with an over-obsession of plants, to a sweet girl with a unique drawl to her words. Unfortunately, we don't have anything depressing like Ann's coping with the loss of her mother, but what can ya do? As well, the plot of connecting the two towns of Konohana and Bluebell, though clearly an excuse plot, does not overshadow your ability to have fun with it, as many of the other games do. There's no way to get a game over, and you can take as many cooking contests as you want to make the mayors of the two towns be close friends.

Unfortunately, the social aspect is a bit lacking. It definitely improved in many, MANY ways, such as the ability to bond with all villagers (even the one's who aren't bachelors/bachelorettes), the requirement of having to grow closer to others close to the characters you wish to marry as an added challenge, there being a replacement for the Witch Princess who isn't evil and is honestly much prettier, the heart system being replaced by flowers at the side of the dialogue box, which I honestly like more, and BEING ABLE TO MARRY ALISA. But you can only give a character one gift per day. This makes it much more tedious to get a girl than it is in FoMT, and while I don't have too much of a problem with it, it DID take a while to get it done. As well, there are no rivals in love, which is really annoying. You can just take your sweet time, and the other characters around you won't be paired off. I know it's technically better, but it takes away a really enjoyable challenge.

So yeah, great game, but not perfect.

So, in an attempt to revive this thread, I'll first say that Reina is my favorite bachelorette now. So, new thread question, who is your favorite Harvest Moon bachelor/bachelorette?

Years
Oh no I totally forgot this club :( Maybe it's because I am not playing Harvest Moon right now.. but that is soon to change!

Harvest Moon a New Beginning has a release date now for EU 30th August, so so happy :D

Hopefully when I get it I can trade things with others here?

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Is A New Beginning worth buying? I enjoyed the previous games a lot so for those who own the game, how was it? I currently have ACNL and it's taking most of my game time. That would change when Pokemon gets released, though.

Back to HM, out of the bachelorettes, my favorite would always be Karen. I always woo'd her in every single playthrough of HM:FoMT that I played. I also like Mary, librarians are nice :D. I haven't really tried playing as a female character but out of the bachelors, I'd pick Cliff any time.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Awh you guys are amazing for keeping the club going... ;A; I've been out of town for like a month, so I couldn't keep up ;n;

Somari, I agree that the hardest part about Tale of Two Towns is deciding which town to pick, but at least they're both accessible. I really enjoyed ToTT when I played it and I think I'll pick it up again and restart my file, since I was unsatisfied with how I was running my farm, haha.

I don't have a favorite bachelor/bachelorette, but I think I'd have to pick Karen or Celia out of nostalgia, they were my waifus when I started getting into Harvest Moon with Mineral Town and A Wonderful Life.

A New Beginning is VERY worth it. It's my favorite Harvest Moon game and it really renovates the entire series. Character customization is phenomenal (there are 90 outfits, you can crossdress, change your skin/hair/eye color, etc). You essentially build up the entire town and your farm from nothing. I think it's a must own for any Harvest Moon fan.

Years
I watched somebody playing New Beginning on Youtube and also gotta say I am liking the character customization.

I am currently content with Animal Crossing New Leaf though :)

Back