• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could end someone's career...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
If you could end an artist's career, whether it be a mainstream pop artist or an obscure indie rock band, permanently, meaning they could never release another song or album again, what artist would it be and what are your reasonings?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I could think of hundreds of bands, mostly from the 80's Hair Metal era - especially Poison... but then I'll go with a lame answer, None, I remember that those artist are people too (I'm sure they have family somewhere they need to maintain).....

that aside: Poison, Ratt, FireHouse, Cinderella, White Lion, Stryper.... (I can't believe I used to love their music).... #1 choice: Poison [mainly for Bret Michaels]

Years
I'd basically put an end to P!nk, her songs are overplayed as heck and I did admit her music got a bit boring lately. They sound nothing like her old stuff!

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Will.i.am. He's a shrewd businessman but I have little respect for him otherwise.

Years
It's... so hard to choose.

But it would probably be Nikki Minaj, One direction or Bieber. I just hate their music so much, SO MUCH.

But since we have to pick one I'll go with Bieber based on this
1. In live shows all you can hear is the backing track - because he needs autotune.
2. Terrible songs both lyrically and music wise
3. He's a temperamental little tool who throws a tantrum if he doesn't get his way.
4. He makes more money than I do.
5. Just make him stop.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Choosing between Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj and Justin Bieber.... I would go with Bieber.

I hate his music, they all sound the same. Always singing about girls and he started singing about girls when he didn't even hit puberty yet. No experience with girls whatsoever. His attitude is also horrible and his fans are just horrible. After his bad music and lousy attitude, his fans are the worst. When Selena Gomez was dating Bieber, some of Biebers' fans threatened to kill her for dating Bieber. Seriously? >.>
If the kid just stopped his career, everyone would be happier.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian and her family

All are horrible human beings that need to be erased from existence... Beyonce and Jay-Z are members of the Illuminati/NWO, Bieber is a tool and an idiot, Kanye is an annoying idiot... and do I have to explain the Kardashians?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'd end the careers of Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and One Direction if I could. Choosing just one would be hard, but if I really have to, I'd say Justin Bieber.

His music is awful and it's all getting repetitive. All the songs he write are about girls and all these tweens worship him like he's a god or something and throw a fit at anyone who hates him one bit. They're annoying. Plus he's becoming a big tool as of lately doing all this controversial/negative stuff just for media attention.

Honors go to Nicki Minaj though. Her music is just as awful, in fact, it's even worse than Bieber's. She just puts the most random junk in her songs and none of them make no sense and are just obnoxious. Particularly I hate "Pound The Alarm" and "Stupid Hoe" the most. (particularly this part in Pound The Alarm is obnoxious and this part in Stupid Hoe. ) All of her songs are just awful and I wish the person who told her she had talent didn't exist.

All are horrible human beings that need to be erased from existence... Beyonce and Jay-Z are members of the Illuminati/NWO,

Where'd you hear that from? I honestly hate how people make up theories of certain stars being Illuminati/NWO members cause of things they say/do and clothes they wear/other things. To me that makes no sense and unless the star states they're part of the Illuminati/NWO themselves , I don't buy it.

Years
I would also end the careers of a lot of modern pop singers from the late 2000s and 2010s, most notably the ones AW mentioned above. I have never tolerated music from Justin Bieber nor One Direction, and I dislike the fashion of Nicki Minaj.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Mac said:
Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian and her family

All are horrible human beings that need to be erased from existence... Beyonce and Jay-Z are members of the Illuminati/NWO, Bieber is a tool and an idiot, Kanye is an annoying idiot... and do I have to explain the Kardashians?

Dave said:
If you could end an artist's career, whether it be a mainstream pop artist or an obscure indie rock band, permanently, meaning they could never release another song or album again, what artist would it be and what are your reasonings?

I don't want to know what horrid world you live in where the Kardashians are pop stars or a band, lol. But they're not music artists. Just people famous for one of them having a sex tape.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't want to know what horrid world you live in where the Kardashians are pop stars or a band, lol. But they're not music artists. Just people famous for one of them having a sex tape.

Kim Kardashian actually made ONE song, haha :P

Although it's only one song and she doesn't plan on making an album anytime soon :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I bet it's better than I Hit It First. That in mind, it brings up another artist worthy of an ended career...too bad it was never started to begin with.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Are you ready? Okay. No Particular Order.

Nicki Minaj
Drake
Rhianna
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Justin Bieber
Kanye West
Alicia Keys
One Direction
Taylor Swift
Lil Wayne
Nickelback
Michael Buble
Ellie Goulding
Ed Sheeran
Wiz Khalifa
Chris Brown
Bruno Mars
Pitbull
Shakira
Maroon 5 / Adam Levine
Kesha
Flo-rida
Fun
Carly Rae Jepsen
T.I.
Iggy Azalea
Selena Gomez

And a lot of other genre/foreign artists that I can't think of right now.

Years
It didn't take me long to have Chris Brown pop into my head. With all of the stupid stuff that he's done over his relatively short career, I'd have no problem if his career were to come to an end.

And while it's already been said, I'd put Justin Bieber on this list as well. I've never cared for his music, but never had a problem with the guy himself for the longest time. More recently, though, it seems like he's letting the success get to his head, and if you look up any of the "Beliebers" on Twitter, etc., it's almost scary how overly obsessed they are with the guy. I think it would be healthy for everyone if he faded away, as I'm sure he's already set for life with the money he's made.

Curtis542

Fire Trainer
Years
Justin Beiber, One Direction, pretty much any rapper or heavy metal band, and every Disney star that for some reason sings too. Also, Lady Gaga. They're all horrid.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I am indifferent towards many artists/bands when it comes to their music, but their conduct is a whole different story. If I had to pick just one artist whose career I'd end, I'd pick Taylor Swift. It's hard to believe that such an unpleasant person has so many fans. Even if one were to say that her bad press was just a bunch of PR stunts gone wrong, they'd have to excuse her music as well. It's as if her songs were written to be simple enough for any child to understand since they make her sound like a child and most of her fans are children, but the messages within them are so terrible that I would never let my daughter listen to her music until she's old enough to understand it. Hell, at that age I'd probably give my daughter a crash course in music from this decade to help her understand why people whine about all music of entire genres being bad.

P.S. I love Ke$ha.

Second place would probably be Bieber, but with more focus on his conduct than Taylor Swift. It seems like he got to be a smug little chumpstick with a huge ego ever since he hit puberty. In the past year or so he's done and said so many things that have been flat-out stupid. My personal favorite is his Anne Frank comment, but that illegal tattoo comes in close second (because that one's just plain funny).

Back