• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's up with Mr. Mime?

KoolGamesX

KoolX The Ultimate Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 19, 2009
It dosen't make sence!I also relizerd that before.....It should just have a different name......

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
Years
I think you should blame 4Kids or whatever company dubbbed the first season ofPokemon, the japanese version of mr.mime is way different. I'm sure.

And another thing...
geoDUDE. See? No gender barrier.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
I just found out that Mr. Mime could be female. Doesn't that break a gender barrier? It's a MISTER Mime for peke's sake. Please feel free to post comments. xD I just find this interesting. >_>

Here's a link that tells you it's 50/50 chance: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/122.shtml

Yes, so? Just because it has the word " Mr. " in his name it doesn't mean that it has to be a male. As Ausaudriel, some Pokemon has a female appearence.
~
I want to add Roserade and Bellossom to the list. ^^

Years
It looks more like a Mrs.Mime anyway.

I found this out recently too I caught one on diamond and noticed it was a girl.

I dont have it anymore though.

Years
Okay...I never really thought about that O.O

That is just plain weird... I agree it should be called Mrs Mime or something

just don't go calling Geodude GeodudeTTE *Shudders*

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
Years
Also, notice that seaKING can be a female, I dont know what goldeen stands for, but it can certainly be a male. I think its definition means about the underwater princess or something. That whole evolution line is messed up lol.

Gunn

horror resident
Years
I wouldn't really identify it as a mistake. "Mr. Mime" was just a stupid name to begin with.

Yeah, I remember this question popped up in Pokémon Magazines when Gold/Silver was announced.

Years
Although Mr. does usually reference to one being a male I don't think they cared too much about that.

People can also wonder how we get Kangaskhan if there are no males, same with Chansey and Jynx.

I can't think of why there would be a female Mr. Mime, but maybe they didn't want to offend people who choose to be a Mr. that aren't really a Mr.; who knows.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
its Pokemon being too lazy to not make a female version of a Pokemon thats what it all comes down to. They should have worked on Seaking and Mr. Mimes name when the 3rd generation came because the 1, 2 aren't compatible with the newer versions. But I dont have a problem with Geodude, alot of people call females dude. renaming it Duette will sound weird

:t354:TG

Years
Sabrina in Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal had a female Mr.Mime!

Also other ones to look out for are:
1. Caterpie because I read somewhere caterpillars are male and when they turn into butterflies which are supposed to be female so Butterfree should be female!
2. Slowbro because of it's name Slowbro if has a female counterpart it would look weird being called Slowsis!
3. Miltank because there has to be a male one out there or is Tauros the male counterpart!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
All the gender malfunctions come from the RBY generation, because genders were not introduced until GSC.

I can only really think of 1st Gen examples of Pokemon that have gender specific names, while they are available in both.

EDIT: Slaking comes to mind, after thinking for awhile. But that has nothing to do with him being the king of Sla, XD. It's because he is always seen "slacking." XD

Back