• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
wow first person i know who has sr shiny palkia and diagala 0.0 congrats u going post a link?
Had a shiny Dialga. -__- I will be SRing for another one some time soon. Now, back to watching Star Trek TNG. :)

My total reset count was a mere 1580--looks like my lucky streak is continuing, and I now have TWO prizes from May Mayhem! :D It'll be good to get back the Pokéradar, finally, and get back shiny Seviper, Weavile, and Absol. (Recall how I said tampering with the clock was "shifty, but acceptable"? Well I think I've earned myself a little shiftiness in the name of getting back shinies whom were lost. :D)

Pictures and stuff coming maybe a bit later.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
Had a shiny Dialga. -__- I will be SRing for another one some time soon. Now, back to watching Star Trek TNG. :)

My total reset count was a mere 1580--looks like my lucky streak is continuing, and I now have TWO prizes from May Mayhem! :D It'll be good to get back the Pokéradar, finally, and get back shiny Seviper, Weavile, and Absol. (Recall how I said tampering with the clock was "shifty, but acceptable"? Well I think I've earned myself a little shiftiness in the name of getting back shinies whom were lost. :D)

Pictures and stuff coming maybe a bit later.

lol dude i said that "has" sr dialga and the other thing cant think right now

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
OOOoooOOO eevees!!!! I can't wait till I get my eevee so I can breed it and make like a whole little army lol... I love them they are just so cute.

Anyways i'm just about to reach my Dialga in diamond just lvling up some of the main pokemon I like to use but i'm super excited. I was planning on doing SR to get a shiny one but then I thought what if it's color is predecided when I start the game because it's a legendary...does anyone know so I don't waste my time doing SR???

Meanwhile I spent all day yesterday SR for a shiny combee from my tree okay well not all day like 2 hours then i started to wonder how long does a pokemon wait at the tree? Finally I got nervous that i'd reset and it wouldn't be there and just caught a lvl 15 female...sigh I have terrible luck when it comes to shinies, er well come to think of it I always seem to just have terrible luck in gerneral. Well hopefully that will all change when I finnish my sinnoh dex and get my poke radar and can start chaining.

Hi. ^-^

About Dialga, it's not predetermined. If it was, both you and MM are screwed. But y'all aren't because I'm 99.99% sure this has been done before. So SR without fear!

As for Combee, if you noticed if it kept changing genders, then it would've most likely eventually bee-came shiny.
As for it disappearing because of the Honey, I'm not sure. Because I SR'd for Drifloon for a while, and as midnight approached and went by... It was still there. So I kept SRing.
But when I gave up and left the area, it disappeared.

So most likely, that's the way it works with the trees as well. If so.... I'd like to SR for a few tree people. There's a lot of options available... mmm.... Heracross. Munchlax! Aipom...

Anyway, there was a giveaway today. Some person was clearing off their game so they could restart over to get good IV'd legendaries. They had quite a few shinies, and I got a handful of them.
I got 7 in all, and how real they are, I'm not sure. What they are:

Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Turtwig, Chimchar, Steelix, Dewgong, and Mew.

The "most likely hacked" ones?

Mew is Lv. 10 and came from Hoenn..........

But the catch? Every single Contest stat is maxed out. Is that even possible? I doubt it.

Turtwig & Chimchar, partners in crime.

They were both hatched at Lv. 1 by the same guy. No problem. Right...?

They were both hatched IN THE SAME DAY, and they both have an Adamant nature. >_>
They're probably hacked.

As for Squirtle....

Sure, it has a Bold nature, but it came from Kanto at Lv. 5 and is untouched. The person said they got it from a friend a while back, and it was the only Pokemon from the above list that was on the person's Trade Shop list thingie. Also, the supposed IVs are around the lower 20s. Hacked? I doubt it. I'm not gonna use it anyway I don't think.

Cyndaquil. lol, I'm not sure. It's Lv. 5, came from Hoenn. The original owner went nuts and marked it like I do my shinies (A star) but only did everything except the diamond-looking thing.
I don't have any concrete evidence that it's hacked or not hacked. It's pretty though.

Steelix. =o
Found in Victory Road, Lv. 46, IS Lv. 46. Doesn't have a beneficial nature I don't think (Docile?). So I'm leaning towards not hacked, but who knows. = /

Dewgong.
Caught in the route where Dewgongs appear. They used it a little bit which is kinda lame. But I don't think its hacked. I'm gonna do an IV check later........... BUT first........

After the trading was done, I kinda felt a little weird. They could all be hacked. I just don't like trading for shinies. The reason I went to the giveaway to begin with was because they chained Gligar and got 2 shiny ones but people beat me to them..... =( So later I may just give them back once they're able to trade again.

So, now, I'm back to the normal grind.
On Pearl.

I finally saw all the Pokemon so I can get the National Dex and the PokeRadar I think. I just thought about something, do I have to have caught 60 Pokemon first to get the Radar itself.....? o_o'

Regardless, I traded over my special sleeper (lol) and my Synchronizer. I'm leveling up the sleeper right now because I plan on using it to chain my target Pokemon. I'm not comfortable with Infernape......... I don't like this Pokemon at all. Since I don't like it, it means bad luck. I won't be able to focus.
I don't care for Palkia either. Every time it comes out, I think of Robotnik's line in a many YouTube Poops............................... XD

So I'm going with something a little bit closer.

Hopefully I'll have it by tomorrow. :)

Oh, and yeah, I don't care for name changes either. That one guy's changed his like 3 times, I keep up with it by his shinies. o.O'
Sorry to hear that your games got stolen... O__O :(

edit: Damnd slow satellite internet. The only good thing about it is uploading and downloading. That's it.

Good luck on catchingShiny Palkia, lol!

Years
Thanks for all the quick congrats, guys. Now here I am with the full scoop:

29-Palkiabattle1.jpg

I was watching a random episode of TNG while doing soft resets idly--one of my main time filling methods to get lots of SRs done, when it came. I darted upstairs and turned my PC on, but it couldn't turn on fast enough for my satisfaction! With cameras rolling, I proceeded with the surgically precise capture.

Out goes my Timid syncher in exchange for PaperWeit, my Bronzong sleeper/wall slave. Dragon Claw on the switch. The (quite speedy, hmm...) Palkia fires a Water Pulse before I can fire Hypnosis--missed! Let's try this again. Another Water Pulse! Bronzong is confused! Bronzong hurt itself in its confusion. -.-; (I guess the gay tactics are made up for by the extreme luck in finding the sonofagun. o__o)

Full Restore is used to heal my almost dead Zong and cure confusion. Palkia uses Ancientpower for lol% damage. Again I pick Hypnosis and Palkia uses Spatial Rend, for not very much damage either. Hypnosis connects this time and Palkia is asleep.

Out goes Zong and in goes my slave Bibarel. Without fear, Bibarel begins attacking the Strawberry Ice Cream Jetplane with its Super Fangs. Midway through, Palkia wakes up, but Bibarel keeps on gnawing, going down in a blaze of glory after the fifth Fang connects.

It's back to Zong for the finish, and he takes another Water Pulse on the switch. After healing up with Moomoo Milk, it's time for another barrage of Hypnosis. After another weak Spatial Rend, Hypnosis is a hit! Now, which ball to throw...

Dusk? Too spooky. Great? Too plain. How about I throw a Premier Ball now just to see what happens? Sure, the red opening is a bit apt, but what the hell? *shake 1* ... *shake 2* ... *shake 3* ... it's... in? HOLY! SHINY PALKIA IS MINE!! :D:D

What this calls for is a Shiny Dex:

29-PalkiaShinyDex.jpg

This time around, to keep the Tubers quiet, I pick up my Pearl Orb straight off (well, after saving), then head out. After killing a hapless Clefairy, I can fly to the nearest Pokécenter and check my new beauty's stats.

Stat Page 1 Stat Page 2 Stat Page 3

Wicked! My Syncher worked and Palkia is Timid! I have no clue what its IVs are like and am too lazy to use a calculator.

Now, it's time to finish the rest of the game. However, I have still to play through Diamond all the way (not for shinies this time) to collect legendaries (mainly the pixies) so I can get NatDex on Pearl without needing to capture Mesprit. Or does anyone have one they're willing to lend? ;)

So I guess this means I've won the Palkia race. Good luck to everyone else! Don't quit just because someone else beat you to it. It really is May Mayhem, and you'll never know what might shine around the corner! ;)

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Thanks for all the quick congrats, guys. Now here I am with the full scoop:

29-Palkiabattle1.jpg

I was watching a random episode of TNG while doing soft resets idly--one of my main time filling methods to get lots of SRs done, when it came. I darted upstairs and turned my PC on, but it couldn't turn on fast enough for my satisfaction! With cameras rolling, I proceeded with the surgically precise capture.

Out goes my Timid syncher in exchange for PaperWeit, my Bronzong sleeper/wall slave. Dragon Claw on the switch. The (quite speedy, hmm...) Palkia fires a Water Pulse before I can fire Hypnosis--missed! Let's try this again. Another Water Pulse! Bronzong is confused! Bronzong hurt itself in its confusion. -.-; (I guess the gay tactics are made up for by the extreme luck in finding the sonofagun. o__o)

Full Restore is used to heal my almost dead Zong and cure confusion. Palkia uses Ancientpower for lol% damage. Again I pick Hypnosis and Palkia uses Spatial Rend, for not very much damage either. Hypnosis connects this time and Palkia is asleep.

Out goes Zong and in goes my slave Bibarel. Without fear, Bibarel begins attacking the Strawberry Ice Cream Jetplane with its Super Fangs. Midway through, Palkia wakes up, but Bibarel keeps on gnawing, going down in a blaze of glory after the fifth Fang connects.

It's back to Zong for the finish, and he takes another Water Pulse on the switch. After healing up with Moomoo Milk, it's time for another barrage of Hypnosis. After another weak Spatial Rend, Hypnosis is a hit! Now, which ball to throw...

Dusk? Too spooky. Great? Too plain. How about I throw a Premier Ball now just to see what happens? Sure, the red opening is a bit apt, but what the hell? *shake 1* ... *shake 2* ... *shake 3* ... it's... in? HOLY! SHINY PALKIA IS MINE!! :D:D

What this calls for is a Shiny Dex:

29-PalkiaShinyDex.jpg

This time around, to keep the Tubers quiet, I pick up my Pearl Orb straight off (well, after saving), then head out. After killing a hapless Clefairy, I can fly to the nearest Pokécenter and check my new beauty's stats.

Stat Page 1 Stat Page 2 Stat Page 3

Wicked! My Syncher worked and Palkia is Timid! I have no clue what its IVs are like and am too lazy to use a calculator.

Now, it's time to finish the rest of the game. However, I have still to play through Diamond all the way (not for shinies this time) to collect legendaries (mainly the pixies) so I can get NatDex on Pearl without needing to capture Mesprit. Or does anyone have one they're willing to lend? ;)

So I guess this means I've won the Palkia race. Good luck to everyone else! Don't quit just because someone else beat you to it. It really is May Mayhem, and you'll never know what might shine around the corner! ;)

Congrats on snatching Rubkia, MM! That was some fast Shiny there! Hope I have the same luck with my Eevee (With good IVs, I mean!). If it turns out to have some sucky IVs or the wrong nature, I'll just have to look for another one and evolve that one into some other evo that I like. :P
I finished checking another 30 Eevees' IVs some minutes ago and took a small break to do some other things, but now I'm going back to hatching eggs! Let's see the current egg count...
About 630! That doesn't look too shabby, does it? XD
Off I go to repetitive up n' down movement again!

~*Runasutaru*~

P.S: Diamond/Pearl sucks for IV breeding, avoid it there at all costs. :'(

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
How so runa?

Like i said on sppf MM, Congrats on the palkia and i have two spare mesprits, so you can have one of those if you want.

Well, they are born at Lvl 1 in D/P. At Lvl 1, the stat (IVs, per se) range of Pokémon is pretty impossible to see. You really can't determine EXACT IVs at Lvl 5 either, but it WILL let you know if it's any good or not without having to Rare Candy it up a bit, thus avoiding boxes filling up and a smooth control of the IVs passed down... I'm also breeding for a Shiny Eevee at the same time. In that sense, I open 30 eggs, stuff them into the box and then check their IVs...It takes up a lot of time, really... However, since some of them, at Lvl 6, seem somewhat decent, I then level up each one of them seperately with my current 32 Rare Candies and check IVs (Booooooooring). Some I may keep for future Eeveelutions or for breeding parents I can give someone else, but usually, nearly all of them are discarded. It makes it a pain, I tellz ye! PAIN!

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Shiny Palkia is HERE!! [...]

Mega-Congratulations on the Palkia, MetalMario!!! I wish I had that luck with hatching a Charmander....

Speaking of which... I've been thinking about this... And I wonder, should I reset my FireRed in order to Soft-Reset for Charmander? Or should I continue my Egg hunt? Or maybe I just try to find a a copy of a FireRed/LeafGreen in a store!? Nah, I'll just continue my Egg hunt, seeing as I've never hatched a Shiny Egg before!! ^_^ Good luck to all, and congratulations again on the Palkia, MetalMario!! :D

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Congrats LDD and MM, and anyone else I might have missed.. on your new shinies! I am quite jealous :P.

Runa, I hadn't even thought about how much different the breeding was! That really is a lot more trouble. Seems to me then, if you are breeding pokes that can be found in GBA generation, get one, trade it to Emerald and breed for it there. (of course I know you can't trade one from D&P to Emerald, I meant trade from FR/LG in your case)

I wish everyone much luck in your shiny hunting!
Kim

P.S. [S-HIGHLIGHT]off topic but posted with on topic materials therefore making this P.S. completely legit [/S-HIGHLIGHT] :P I play WoW too, I'm out of time right now but I have a level 34 priest on my current server. (I can't remember which server I'm on since I've followed my friends and changed SO many times! I was on gnomergan before this last move) My daughter plays too, she has a level 64 priest on the same server I play on now. (I actually followed HER this time) I have to purchase a game card before I can play anymore but I'm sort of on a break now so I'm in no hurry. Shido and I started playing 2moons (free game sort of like wow) but I haven't played it in a while either. (Where are you Shido? Working I bet!)

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Congrats LDD and MM, and anyone else I might have missed.. on your new shinies! I am quite jealous :P.

Runa, I hadn't even thought about how much different the breeding was! That really is a lot more trouble. Seems to me then, if you are breeding pokes that can be found in GBA generation, get one, trade it to Emerald and breed for it there. (of course I know you can't trade one from D&P to Emerald, I meant trade from FR/LG in your case)

I wish everyone much luck in your shiny hunting!
Kim

P.S. off topic but posted with on topic materials therefore making this P.S. completely legit :P I play WoW too, I'm out of time right now but I have a level 34 priest on my current server. (I can't remember which server I'm on since I've followed my friends and changed SO many times! I was on gnomergan before this last move) My daughter plays too, she has a level 64 priest on the same server I play on now. (I actually followed HER this time) I have to purchase a game card before I can play anymore but I'm sort of on a break now so I'm in no hurry. Shido and I started playing 2moons (free game sort of like wow) but I haven't played it in a while either. (Where are you Shido? Working I bet!)

WOW MM congrats! you totally gave me hope for my dialga now!!! I'm only at 63 SR now so it could be awhile still -_-

And wow to DDD 7 new shinies that's awsome congrats on that one there!!

anyways not much to say right now because i'm just sitting here SR for my shiny dialga I'll prob be a total dork and go watch some of the season 1 pokemon streaming online while I do it, ah good old season one...it was the season I used to watch when I was all little and like ZOMG pokemon....of course i'm still all like ZOMG pokemon! lol

And now back to the tiny off topic bit on wow: Akidatheart gratz on being lvl 34 and a priest they are fun, I have a lvl 70 affliction warlock and a lvl 70 holy priest....if you feel like armoring them the names are, Vampatha (on frostmane) and Rossabella (on frostmane)

anyways back to SR I'll prob check in later tonight after I'm off work (boo work) to give you all an update.

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Tabatha, I will check your lock and priest out in the armory. Maybe when I get a new game card I will come visit your server.

Yami, I meant to say Hi.. I must have missed something, why don't you have computer/internet access anymore? Are you away at school? That sounds terribly painful! I sure hope you get computer/internet access on a long term basis again soon.

I'm going to try something new today.. new to me anyway, lol. I knew about chaining but never tried it before. (beyond using the pokeradar once and saying, hmm, one day I will have to figure out how that works) After watching many youtube videos about it, I'm going to try it now.
Kim

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
After my internet being down for a while I am back with no new shiny's.

Congrats on Palkia MM. My Torchic hunt is still turning up nothing. I might do some chaining later. But just got planet Puzzle league so that is going to be my main thing to do tonight.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I'm gonna try to cut back on what I say. XD My posts have been and still are giant. o.o

Thanks for the friend request Tabatha. But this whole new User CP has me all confused. It still says that my "friends" have been sent friend requests? Strange.

I sure know Shiny Umbreon Hunter won't be getting to his anytime soon unless he randomly pops up. =P
And I hope some of those older people remember me. @_@'

I don't really count these traded shinies mine. In fact it's like they're a bad presence, but the person who sent them over had decent intentions, I'm certain that they had just collected them up. Some of them, yeah, I'd love.... such as Steelix. But it just doesn't feel right. I didn't work for it, and it's pretty easy these days to hack. :( (I.E. that Turtwig and Chimchar..)

So I'll probably give them all back to that guy/gal. I think it'd be the right thing to do anyway. =)

My chainer Pokemon is practically ready. I have a bond with what Pokemon it is, but it's still nothing like my Lucario. It'll do though for what few I'm going after on Pearl, and it's a good thing. I lack all my resources and confidence that I have back on Diamond.

But, I should be able to pull through, and hopefully my next post will be "omg shiny". :P

.... I still kinda miss the thrill of 3rd gen though. But at least this way I have a chance of having an actually good Pokemon with good IVs.
For some reason I'm very lucky with Speed stats, I think 3 of my shinies (if not more) have a 31 in Speed. My Staraptor is Adamant 15 Attack and 31 Speed. =)
/gloat
+shinyhunt

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Wow, congratulations on the Shiny Palkia MM!

Runa! Hi! *waves*

LDD's update: I haven't been gaming this week, but I plan to be going to the TRS event, though I wont be at the one I normally go to, because I'm in Virginia right now and not West Virginia, but that meens I get to see different people and might get some good trades in. Yay! :)

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
the 600 is coming oooohhh. i got the shinx yay. but it's bold booo. but still kick ass with yay. next up i'm going for starly.( i miss my old staraptor. tears). i'm hear to bring up a question, what the worst battle partner you've ever had?

mine was this kid at school. we had just finished playing bleach on our ds' and started a battle. my trust swellow electivire and skarmory. my partner, michelle( not he's not a girl) had a shiny palkai, dialga and glaceon. each of them had judgement, spacial rend, horn drill and fissure. when we switch our games of out of annoyance we check their abilities. ALL no guard. he make me so angry. Any one else???

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
ahh crap :( i messed up my absol chain at freaking 30. dont know why but when i get to 25+ i all ways get nervous, all ways end up doing something stupid. Oh yea love that people started to come more and are daily posting love here about peoples shiny hunts for some odd reason :P

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
CONGRATZ!!!!! Rapid Whalelord on your shiny shinx!!!! definitely a shiny I want to find.

Anyways so today I spent approximately 5 hours doing SR at my Dialga I`m currently at 467 (yeah i`m awsome like that and keep a tally) So you see all day I had this feeling reset number 421 would be the one...and it started to get close and I getting more and more excited and then FINALLY 421 arrives and I walk up to the Dialga thinking this one is it!!! I close my eyes and when I open them what do I see....a normal Dialga staring back at me -_- So I think to myself well thats okay I have horrible luck anyways and keep on going. But soon I begin to get frustrated...thankfully I had to go to work and that gave me a much needed break and now I'm ready to get back at it!! I'm just starting to get nervous that I'll get into this reseting groove and accidentally reset it when the shiny finally shows up! oh my that would be terrible!! Oh well it has to actually show up for that to happen!

PS: sorry about my posts being so very long and making you read tons!! I just get all excited and can't help it ><

Back