• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When and How did you became a Pokemon fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 28, 2006
well mine is very different from everyone elses its kinda funny aswell i was like 5 or something like that and my aunty had a computer that she brang around to my house it was in dos mode and everything and she had a load of games on the computer and there was pokemon red and blue ?????? i dunno but i clicked on them and then i played then i didnt understand it good but i didnt even know it was pokemon but the wierd thin is the game didnt run on a emulator ???? lol but then about a year after that i i was watching tv and there is this show called cheese tv it just started and it had a wierd show and then i oly saw the ending and i saw pikachu and i thought hey he is off that game POKEMON! and then the hosts said it will be back next friday so i watched it and i liked it and forever on.

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
Years
It think I got into it when I was about nine or ten, somewhere around fifth grade, or something, when I picked up my Blue version. I got addicted to it, and then found out there was a television show, and started watching that in the morning. Then it kind of grew from there. I got into the card game around pre-sixth grade, and then it sorta became more than a fad to me. And, well, here I am now. With it as strong as ever, I think.

Duke R

Member #1950
Years
My story is exactly like ~*Silent Tattsu*~, but the first episode was one that I don't remember the name in English (Something of the Pok?Ninja).

Inuyasha

Too Tired to Care.
Years
...17. Little brother brought home Pokemon cards. Started to play that... then I later bought the Gameboy game. Talk about a loser.
-Telepathic message to all- 'Laugh and I sharpen my claws on your face...'
^^;; Kagome's gunna sit me for that... I'm dead. << xP Gomen, cant help it. >>

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
Years
I was in 8th grade when Pokemon Red/Blue came out and I bought it, was awsome, couldnt stop playing. I never knew there WAS a show for a long time, haha, and I saw the cards and bought some, but no one to play with so I never bought anymore( lack of funds.) But, ta da!

Pok'e Fan

obsessed with anime
Years
I began liking pokemon when I was in 2nd grade. When I went to the mall I saw toys of pokemon, and they were so cute! So I started buying some pokemon stuff. That's how I became a Poke Fan.

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
Years
It was the summer of 1999, I was just turned 16 and just doing my final school exams so I had practiclly left the place. I was watching TV up in my bedroom when this kiddies news programme came on (*Any other people from England will know the show as "Newsround"*) Anyway they did a little report on a cartoon that was apparently really popular in both Japan and America, I remember during the report they showed little kids playing with Pikachu plushies or something like that so there and then I thought to myself "The little yellow thing is cute, I must check it out one day!"

Then came a few days later when I discoverd it played on the Sky One channel so I watched it and my first thought was "The humans are weird, but the creatures are so cute!"
So I carried on watching it and I'm still a Pok?mon nut exactly 5 years later!
Aswell as an anime nut in genreal XD

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
Years
It started by word of mouth- my friends little brother talked about it constantly. and for some reason, I made a computer list of them (LAUGHS!) I had a file called pokemon, and that had a 150+ art files, one for each pokemon. And when ever he could remember a little detial, or I saw it on teh show, I'd put it on the file. Actually, when I started, it was only on once a week, on Sunday's; which at the time mom wanted me to go to church. So I rarely saw it. The FIRST episode I saw, was "The Problem With Paras" haha! I loved that. Then I drew like, a million pokemon (name included, so I could put it in the computer) from the pokerap!
And I remember the first time I bought Pokemon cards, it was at the local card shop (go figure) [got torn down] and my pack didn't have a holographic, and I didn't understand the rarity scheme, but the first *rare* (foil) I got, was Hitmonchan! But the first pokemon I remember getting, was Staryu, Hitmonchan, and Onyx. The rest were items basically. Haha! I loved staryu!
Sorry; rambling. More though!
I BEGGED my family for a gameboy and pokemon, and finally, i got one, it was red, and a transparent-purple gameboy. And my friend was over (intrestingly, he was over when I got my first pack to! I think i traded him for a Full Heal) And he didn't like I was ignoring him to play the game-haha! Well, the stories go on. There should be a section just to ramble....

jscn12

Stupid Loser
Years
I was in fifth grade and my friend nathaniel told me about it. I thought it was really cool and made a deal with my friend dan and dustin. For my birthday dan gave me red and dustin blue. For dustins i gave him blue and dan red. For dan, i gave him blue and dustin red. It was one of the coolest things ever.

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
hahah, yeah me 2. First it was my brother who started to collect them, and I used to wonder why he was wasting his money on them, and then I went back to school, and every one had the pokemon cards, so I ended up buying them too

Corsola

Colorful Coral
Years
I started liking it when one time, I got home from choir and my sister was watching a sailor moon/dragonball wannabe lol... but i loved it o_o!!! the episode was about horsea and i loved it more and thats when i started loving it... then corsola showed up.

Chocobo

Beware My Choco-Fire!
Years
My Story(Do Not Fall Asleep)

My Story Is Kinda Wierd And Long:

Well One Day at School I was In 1st Or 2nd Grade Can't Remember Well Anyway It was Near The End Of The Year An Testing Was Coming Up.I Walked Into Class And went To This Assembly About Testing.We Answered These Questions For These Candy Bars.Well I Got A Question Right And Got One A Kid Offered 3 Pokemon Cards For It And I Accepted It Was A Spearrow,Weedle,And A Digglet. I Got So Intrested I Started Collecting Cards And Got Swept Into The Craze.

I Traded The Spearrow,Weedle,And Diglet(And My Pass To Get In Front Of the Line At Lunch)For A Raichu Card That I Never Traded. Infact I Am Looking At It Right Now Well I fell In Love with That Card From That Day Forward Raichu Became And Still Is My Fav Pokemon!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
I got into pokemon because of the anime at first, I liked the fact that pokemon evolved and raichu became one of my favourite pokemon because he was the first evolved pokemon I saw! (or noticed)
Then I got into the trading card game, though I only collected the cards, it was still quite fun!
Then I got my first pokemon game for my birthday (pokemon red) and I've been hooked on the games ever since!
I don't really collect the cards anymore or the anime...they kinda waorn off, but the pokemon games are like an addiction.
I think its the new generations of pokemon that keep me hooked, I just get so excited over that!
I think I've gone on a bit...

Jess

Banned
Years
August 16,1998

I received a Free exclusive video about Pokemon from Toys R` Us, It showed scences from the show and was hosted by Ash`s Aunt. SHE IS CRAZY! XD

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I pre-ordered the Gameboy games and got everything from there. My roots still are in the games, and that?s why I don?t like the inaccurate anim? and love Netbattle. ._.; I think I found out about it through that promotional video Nintendo sent me, and I had a hard time finding the anim? of TV, but loved the games.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Jess said:
August 16,1998

I received a Free exclusive video about Pokemon from Toys R` Us, It showed scences from the show and was hosted by Ash`s Aunt. SHE IS CRAZY! XD

Wow...I would love to see that video...I'm betting Ash's aunt was a live-action person...that had to be really, really cheesy... :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back