• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

Actually placing the infected Pokemon in a box works to. I've tried it first hand. :]

Oh. Well, regardless, it only spreads to Pokemon that are next to each other, right?

what do you guys recommend me, catch a vanilite and train him only for the opelud city gym badge and then catch a deino or fight the gym with my 5 pokemon and catch a deino later?

Is this a joke?
... Yeah, sure. Capture a Vanillite.

... Opelucid Gym is kind of a joke.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
So, I have a question about Porygon. XD
So, I'm breeding for the right nature, and I realized Porygon can only have Trace or Download as an ability. I was using Adaptability as my final ability for Porygon-Z. So if I have a Porygon with Download right now, will it's ability switch after I trade it into a Porygon-Z?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
So, I have a question about Porygon. XD
So, I'm breeding for the right nature, and I realized Porygon can only have Trace or Download as an ability. I was using Adaptability as my final ability for Porygon-Z. So if I have a Porygon with Download right now, will it's ability switch after I trade it into a Porygon-Z?

If the Pokemon has that ability as an option if it levels up, then it will keep it. So if starts with Download, it will end with Download. But if it starts with Trace, it will evolve into Adaptability.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
Years
I was told to ask here if I still had this problem, and I do. My Dream World isn't accessible. My pokemon just does not start dreaming. I have now waited for an hour and it isn't dreaming yet. Is there something I'm missing, like, does the game need to be exposed to other copies of the game? Nobody at my complex plays pokemon, and I don't have friends who play.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2011
So I just got a phione from pokemon ranch and am thinking of moving him from my pearl game to pokemon white and breeding it. What do you think I could get with a phione in a trade? Also I got the zoroark from the gamestop legendary beasts event and am breeding zoruas from there(already almost have a box full.) What do you think I can get for those in a trade?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
So I just got a phione from pokemon ranch and am thinking of moving him from my pearl game to pokemon white and breeding it. What do you think I could get with a phione in a trade? Also I got the zoroark from the gamestop legendary beasts event and am breeding zoruas from there(already almost have a box full.) What do you think I can get for those in a trade?

Well, it's whatever Pokemon are on your wants list really.

If you're gonna make a thread make sure it's in the trade corner and to read the rules. Phione can't breed iirc? \:

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2011
Well, it's whatever Pokemon are on your wants list really.

If you're gonna make a thread make sure it's in the trade corner and to read the rules. Phione can't breed iirc? \:

lol actually they can (just bred my first one. reason why I tried was because on bulbapedia's page on phione says on it's trivia section that phione can breed not only from manaphy but also from another phione.)

EDIT: drat beat me to it toujors xD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
What do you think I can get for those in a trade?

It's more to do with how much they want those Pokemon and what exactly you want from them rather than how much they're worth overall, 'cos some Pokemon are worth more to other people. :3

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
So, with the release of the Pokémon Café Global Link event in Japan, does that mean it's possible to get a female Dream World Eevee? Or are they still set to be male?

Autey

The Wise One
Years
Ok, so I have an adamant Growlithe I'm EV trainning in speed and Attack. At 13 it wont take I think it's Carbos for attack? And it doesn't have any effect. It also has pokerus. So does this mean its maxed out? I need help ):

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ok, so I have an adamant Growlithe I'm EV trainning in speed and Attack. At 13 it wont take I think it's Carbos for attack? And it doesn't have any effect. It also has pokerus. So does this mean its maxed out? I need help ):

Your description is kind of confusing (level 13, EVs 13...?) but Vitamins only work up to 100 in EVs.

Edit: Also Protein is for attack, Carbos is for Speed. :3

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
So, with the release of the Pokémon Café Global Link event in Japan, does that mean it's possible to get a female Dream World Eevee? Or are they still set to be male?
I read on the Bulbanews article about it that the genders can vary for all Pokemon available in the Café, so I would assume that you could get a female Eevee. I can't tell you for certain, though, since I don't have a Japanese version that can link to it. If the article is correct, I'll bet the chance of getting a female is like it normally is in game, which is unfortunate; I wish the gender ratio was even for Eevee. ):

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

You did it wrong. You need to use the vitamins before you begin EV training because they don't have any effect past 100 EVs. Having beaten 13 Basculin (?), you've accrued more than 100 EVs in ATK, so using Proteins doesn't work.

13 also isn't a magic number for EV training.

Unless you mean that you've reached level 13 and it won't take anymore... That just means that you have more than 100 EVs, out of the maximum of 255. I hope you've been keeping track; otherwise, you're probably going to need to start over to figure out how much you need.

Of course, you only ever want 252 of any EV since they work in sets of 4.

Ruhn

Breeder
Years
hey guys. i wanted to ask something about the gbu. have a big prblem there. always when i try to fight through wifi it says that there's a problem with my pokemon and i can't participate. how come?

jammi567

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but is there a Game Corner in this game? Because I've picked the Pokemon I want for my team, and I want to put some TMs on them.

Mainly asking in case it's something stupid like the HG/SS version of the GC.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This is going to sound like a stupid question, but is there a Game Corner in this game? Because I've picked the Pokemon I want for my team, and I want to put some TMs on them.

Mainly asking in case it's something stupid like the HG/SS version of the GC.

Nope there isn't. :(

The closest you'll get to a game corner is probably the Dream World (the mini-games in there), as covered in the FAQ. And as for TMs, you can find them in-game or in the shops, so that's about as much as you can do.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
hey guys. i wanted to ask something about the gbu. have a big prblem there. always when i try to fight through wifi it says that there's a problem with my pokemon and i can't participate. how come?

Are you using Dream World Pokemon?
Don't do that.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years

It's probably just one of your Pokes. Check for any hacks or any Wi-Fi gifts. My friend traded me a Porygon-Z from the Wi-Fi glitch and it's unable to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back