• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Should Have, Could Have

Sirfetch’d

Discuss what Pokemon that you think GameFreak got their typings wrong. What could they should and would be if you decided their typings.

I'll start by discussing the Gen 5 starters.
Oshawott line: SHOULD HAVE been Water/Fighting. Come on man. GF you could have done better. The starter line that are SAMURAIS are not fighting type?
Snivy Line: I have no prob. with this line being pure Grass, but I hate it when some starters are dual typed and some are not. Could have been part dragon, but not a whole lot to work with here.
Tepig Line: I could rant for days on end about this line. They look alright. Tepig is really cute, but GF really really screwed us on the typings here. We are all SICK of Fire/Fight. Blaziken was AWESOME, Infernape was great too, but three in a row was tragic for me. They are pigs. Why were they not Fire/Ground? Beats me.

That is my thoughts. You discuss.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Psyduck and Golduck/ Hoothoot and Noctowl. Water/Psychic and Flying/Psychic respectively. No idea how that didnt happen.

Sirfetch’d

Psyduck and Golduck/ Hoothoot and Noctowl. Water/Psychic and Flying/Psychic respectively. No idea how that didnt happen.

Totally agree. And while on the subject of the ducks they also should have had their names switched.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
lol wow. i never noticed that. Psyduck is gold lol.

The monkeys kind of seem like they could have a secondary type. Simisage looks like a fighter.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Psyduck should of been named Dumbduck if you ask me lol.

Barbouch, yea I'm ground type but I can't breathe unless I'm in the water. So Barbouch being ground type lol.

Sirfetch’d

Barbouch, yea I'm ground type but I can't breathe unless I'm in the water. So Barbouch being ground type lol.

While I see your point you have to include a lot of others like Corsola and a few of the fossils if you want to make that argument with them being part rock and all.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Flygon annoys me. I like its type, but i feel like it should have been part flying. It has wings and it is floating every time i see it. Even if it didnt have levitate, it still has effing wings.

Sirfetch’d

Flygon annoys me. I like its type, but i feel like it should have been part flying. It has wings and it is floating every time i see it. Even if it didnt have levitate, it still has effing wings.

I kinda agree kinda don't. It is nice to have a dragon immune to electric types, but makes it neutral to water types as well.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Barboach and Whiscash are Water/Ground because the loach (the fish Barboach is based on) has a tendency to bury itself in the mud, while Namazu (the catfish-like mythological creature Whiscash is based on) caused earthquakes. Regarding why Corsola is a Water/Rock Pokemon: real coral has rock-like elements to it.

Anyway, I think that Vibrava and Flygon should've been Bug/Dragon because they're the only Dragon Pokemon who belong to the Bug egg group.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
I'm sure there's an explanation for it, but I still don't understand why Lucario is Steel. Oh and Gyarados being Flying is kinda stupid.

Sirfetch’d

Anyway, I think that Vibrava and Flygon should've been Bug/Dragon because they're the only Dragon Pokemon who belong to the Bug egg group.

Wow! Never thought of that. Really good idea. They all really look like bugs.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Yep, the two that annoy me the most Gyarados and Golduck have already been said.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I've kind of been debating on Beedrill. Being a bee, well it is an insect and then belongs to the bug type which it already is. But poison as a secondary type? I know that when some people get stung by bees they receive huge golf ball size lumps but I honestly thought it should be Bug/Flying like Butterfree.

Hmm and I'd have to say Carracosta. I see why it's water type being a turtle but don't understand how its rock. I'm guessing it lives on a rock or something :P? I think it should just be pure water but that's me.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
^Arcanine should be a pure water type! :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've kind of been debating on Beedrill. Being a bee, well it is an insect and then belongs to the bug type which it already is. But poison as a secondary type? I know that when some people get stung by bees they receive huge golf ball size lumps but I honestly thought it should be Bug/Flying like Butterfree.

Hmm and I'd have to say Carracosta. I see why it's water type being a turtle but don't understand how its rock. I'm guessing it lives on a rock or something :P? I think it should just be pure water but that's me.

It's because it was made from a fossil. That creates interesting typings, like Aerodactyl's Rock/Flying typing.

Years
I would have made Mawile a Dark-type, since it only learns ONE Steel attack and most of its moveset consists of Dark moves.

Also, I'd give Flare Blitz to Flareon cos he needs a better physical Fire attack.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I would have made Mawile a Dark-type, since it only learns ONE Steel attack and most of its moveset consists of Dark moves.

Also, I'd give Flare Blitz to Flareon cos he needs a better physical Fire attack.

I totally agree with you. Mawile should be Dark Type.
Gyarados should be Water/Dragon. I think that they didn't make Gyarados Water/Dragon because the only Dragon move in Gen 1 was Dragon Rage which deals a set amount of damage meaning Gyarados would have no weakness and players would overuse Gyarados.
Also Snivy Family should be part dragon.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I had this thought today in geometry whilst battling a solrock. I think that solrock and lunatone should have some kind of fusion evolution.

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
Years
I had this thought today in geometry whilst battling a solrock. I think that solrock and lunatone should have some kind of fusion evolution.
Holy crap, an Eclipse Pokemon? That would be friggin awesome!

But back to the topic, I've always thought Pinsir should have been Bug/Fighting, just look at his movepool! He would have benefit greatly from that little boost in power from STAB, just like Heracross, who I've always thought was awesome by the way:)

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
For me, I once thought Black Kyurem would be something like Electric/Ice and White Kyurem being Fire/Ice. (My memory serves of me thinking about so.) But that's false. Seemingly, it retained its usual lackluster (at least when it's in its original form...competitively) Dragon/Ice. Strange enough, because White/Black Kyurem is a fusion of Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom. Shouldn't White/Black Kyurem obtain at least one of Reshiram/Zekrom's types? It IS a fusion of it...

Back