• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Get the 3DS XL if you really want to get a 3DS. It's a lot more comfortable than playing a regular 3DS because of the rounded edges of XL compared to the sharp edges of the regular 3DS.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Get the 3DS XL if you really want to get a 3DS. It's a lot more comfortable than playing a regular 3DS because of the rounded edges of XL compared to the sharp edges of the regular 3DS.

Not particularly true though.. I find the regular 3DS to be more comfortable because I have tiny hands and find the XL a bit heavy/ bulky when using a stylus. I also prefer it to be smaller so I can fit it into places more easily (like different compartments of my handbag/purse.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Not particularly true though.. I find the regular 3DS to be more comfortable because I have tiny hands and find the XL a bit heavy/ bulky when using a stylus. I also prefer it to be smaller so I can fit it into places more easily (like different compartments of my handbag/purse.
That's the opposite for me honestly because I have rather large hands and my old 3DS before I upgraded to an XL was only comfortable when I had a protective case on it honestly. I never really noticed the weight difference between the two though. I have no problem carrying my XL around with me because I have large pockets and I often carry my portable systems in the case to my laptop.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I use my DS Lite quite a lot actually. So I'll need it to be quite portable and not really heavy. But also be able to stay on pretty long :C

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I don't mind buying a used one, I guess thats the direction that I am going then...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I find the rounded corners of the XL so uuuuugly. I had a problem just in general with the 3DS not looking like an advanced piece of technology but instead like a cheap plastic toy, and giving it rounded kiddy corners didn't help that, lol.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
I find the rounded corners of the XL so uuuuugly. I had a problem just in general with the 3DS not looking like an advanced piece of technology but instead like a cheap plastic toy, and giving it rounded kiddy corners didn't help that, lol.

B-but the rounded corners are so you don't stab yourself in the eye with it!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yup. Because according to Nintendo I'm THREE YEARS OLD AND CAN'T HOLD A 3DS PROPERLY

Years
They probably rounded the edges so that if/when it is dropped and if it landed on one of the corners on initial impact, the resultant force would be less than if the edges were pointed.

. . . Or it could be a safety measure for little kids too >____>

Edit: **** I killed the DCC LOL

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Aw, I like the colors. The blue is pretty damn sexy, if I do say so myself.

I really want to get an XL...I just can't justify it since I already own a 3DS and that does the exact same thing. The 3DS is really cramped for me since I have big hands, and the XL is a lot more comfortable, but not for an extra $200.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I lost my DS for some and I'd like to know at what price I could get a new one or a 3DS.
And also, hi everyone!

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Today was cold day and when it's cold i feel sleepy!! -.-Zzzzzz

OH MY!!! it's Broken_Arrow!!!!w0000000000000t!

fireworks_animated-gif.gif

Fireworks!! thanks everybody i love fireworks!! lol

Koninnchwa!! *waves* :3

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I fell asleep. Im lazy >.< Ive just felt so tired lately. I guess I need to get to bed earlier, though funny enough I feel more tired when I do go to bed earlier.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My DSiXL was free. So I'm cool with it being a color I normally would avoid. [: It's a bit busted up, and randomly shuts itself off when I close it, though. I've lost quite a lot of progress on Diamond version because of that.

I'm tired, as well. T: Long day. But now I can get to training my team and lurking on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back