• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Which Version Will You Get?

Which Version Will You Choose?

• Pokémon X

Votes: 85 36.8%
  • Pokémon Y

Votes: 92 39.8%
  • Both

Votes: 50 21.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

Cyro

Leader of the Magikarp Mafia
Years
Y only because of Yveltal. Yveltal looks way better than a harmless deer.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Y. But I'll end up getting both, or if there's a third version then I'm getting that before X.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I usually wait until the version exclusive Pokemon are announced. However, if the trend continues and I end up getting the version of the legendary that I favor (excluding generation four, but I got that for a christmas present) then it's very likely that I'll be getting Y.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2013
I like the letter X, but I'm leaning towards Y because of badass Yveltal. I want to find out the types of both the legendaries and version exclusives before i make my decision, though.

MJT1990

Unhatched Suicune Egg
Years
I dont see whats so awesome bout Xerneas. I mean hes just a deer based off the yggdrasil trees 4 deer combined (I think thats what it was) And Yveltal is epic cuz...... LOOK AT HIM! Anyways I will be getting Y.

Reactions: T!M

alexithymia

Time Lady
Years
Personally, I prefer Xerneas... so I'll be getting X. However, my husband and I are always at odds on which version to get, so we pre-ordered Y as well. ;)

Years
Seing as the types are not released yet I speculated that Yveltal will be a fire flying pokémon and Xerneas will be a a pokémon having powers either dark or ghost in nature, I prefer Xerneas in that respect so I will be preordering X when I get the money in August/September.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm still not able to pick between them for now, but I think I'm leaning towards Y. Of course, I think I need to know what I'm getting into...

Or maybe I should get both, but boy, they are expensive!

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
eh, which ever i think has better box art i would buy. there both the same game. why bother buying both.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
Don't know yet, there is no way near enough information about them for me to make a decision. I need to know the version exclusives and differences in storyline and locations. I don't see the point in picking one purely based on the main legendary -- it's most likely only going to appear near the end and I almost certainly won't be having it in my party anyway.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I think I'm getting y. I know a lot of people think Xerneas is cooler but I like Yveltal more. Also, it seems from what I have heard that most people will be getting X so I will be going for Y if thats the case.

Years
I'll probably get both of them like usual. But i wish they would change the storyline in the games so you dont play the same game twice. Just imagine if there was 2 different stories with different towns and pokes. I bet they would make alot more money and we would love it, at that point there could be talks about which game plays better and which storyline is better.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Prooobably not gonna buy both this time around, and at the moment I'm still leaning more towards Y- Yvertal is just amazing whereas Xerneas is okay but not as epic looking imo (I bet I just butchered the spelling of the names so bad. D:)

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I'll probably get both of them like usual. But i wish they would change the storyline in the games so you dont play the same game twice. Just imagine if there was 2 different stories with different towns and pokes. I bet they would make alot more money and we would love it, at that point there could be talks about which game plays better and which storyline is better.

that would be awesome. In fact I saw someone post earlier somewhere about being able to play as the evil team. It would cool if one game you played as the good guy and then the other game played the same story but this time as the bad guy (team plasma w/e). Which would make for some new gameplay, but not enough new gameplay that it would take them to long to make it. I think this would be a great idea.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I might get X, because Xerneas just looks so calm on the box. Btw, looking at Xerneas and Yvertal, they both look like they have fragments from different pokemon from different generations.

Back