• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG + OCG Fan Club

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Well I've been looking online and most places are $5-6 haha. Same for Bottomless.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Shock Master ends games for some decks. Name Monster for Agents / Chaos Dragon or Spell for Prophecy; instant game over. And as we've seen from the banlist, Konami dislikes instant game over cards. It does not need to be spammed for it to be OP. As for triple material rank 4s with ease ... aren't you overlooking your own deck? I'm sure a few other decks other than Harpies can do it, though. Doesn't matter if they're not as good as meta, Shock Master is extremely toxic. (Also, Verz and Constellar can make it without too much fuss ... keep Kerykeion or Sombre around for a turn, welp. Constellar just likes Pleiades a lot so it will be a rare day in which they make Shock Master unless it's to perform virtual lockdown, because Pleiades locks equally hard.)

Diva is strong by itself and stronger in tandem with Heavy Infantry, and although you are correct that Sphere and Teus give consistency, it removes the ability for the deck to search just any Sea Serpent (for example ... Moulinglacia, Heavy Infantry, or ... DIVA). Pike and Teus are not able to search out just any monster you want, and do so at the loss of resources in hand - in exchange for pluses on the field sometimes or a lot of the time, sure, but Dragoons is just like WHATEVER I'M GONNA PITCH THIS THOUGHTLESSLY AND GET A FREE SEARCH YOLO. I don't have much to say about Sphere except that it's pretty strong, and Mermail would have suffered a lot if both Dragoons and Sphere had been hit.

Obviously one free level 4 is fine! So are the baby dragons without Super Rejuvenation (that's a little bit of a stretch but not too much of one, plus there are other examples). Konami needs to ban with respect to abuse cases. If you will recall, Divine Wind was printed earlier, before Konami started doing the restrictions in a more limited style; after all, Mist Valley was printed in the time of Brionac, and Divine Wind, in Storm of Ragnarok.

The thing is, Shock Master wouldn't be an instant win against certain decks if Konami would make them more balanced in terms of which cards they're more focused on. Too many decks are based on monsters only, and then Spellbooks exist. But that's really another debate, and yes Shock Master is extremely powerful in the game right now. He's an "on principal" hit, I suppose. And I wouldn't say Harpies can spam him. First turn Shock Master definitely happens, but it usually takes 3 cards from the hand, and only works out well if a Hysteric Sign finds its way into the mix. Harpies have to throw everything at spamming Shock Master and I don't think that's terribly unacceptable. Perhaps the difference between us is that I don't really mind massively powerful cards as long as they don't overcentralise the meta.

I know all that haha. Diva and Dragoons are great hits as regards how competitive the deck is, and Diva was a hit waiting to happen from the second she was printed. My problem is that they've turned Mermails from a very diverse deck to rank7.dek and it's just really really boring. If I wanted to play Big Eye over and over, I'd be running Dragon Rulers!

BUT IT'S THE BIG DRAGONS THAT ARE THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111ONE

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Mermail actually plays Aqua Spirit and goes into Bahamut Shark into multiple Abysstrite now (with Mechquipped Angineer to protect it). It's pretty cool. :o They have a bunch of tools that Edragons don't have.

Also OF COURSE SHOCKMASTER wouldn't be OP if that was true but ... it is true, so ... ... additionally, you could just make multiple Shock Master and call two or all three card types. Pretty annoy.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Mermail actually plays Aqua Spirit and goes into Bahamut Shark into multiple Abysstrite now (with Mechquipped Angineer to protect it). It's pretty cool. :o They have a bunch of tools that Edragons don't have.

Also OF COURSE SHOCKMASTER wouldn't be OP if that was true but ... it is true, so ... ... additionally, you could just make multiple Shock Master and call two or all three card types. Pretty annoy.

But it's all XYZ at the end of the day :'( Basically Diva is the key to most of the variety in Mermail plays, though Aqua Spirit has opened up a looooooot of doors that Diva didn't. I'd still rather have synchros and rank 2s than more common Bahamut summons (though summoning a Trite is always extremely satisfying).

Yeah I know there's no point using "what if" scenarios. Honestly I should probably get over Shock Master. It'd help if the other 3 material rank 4s were better though! Ouroboros lacks something.

In other news there's an upcoming structure deck in Japan that looks to have something of a focus on Cyber Dragon, but there's also two upcoming "duelist packs" (or whatever), one with a focus on Ancient Gears and the other on Lightsworn. Both of those decks being GX era has interesting implications, it makes me wonder if they're already moving on from bringing back DM era decks. It'll kinda suck if they are, 3 old decks getting good stuff is nice but it's not nearly enough!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Don't the Japanese have like a Shark/Rio pack coming out, or like a Yuma 2? Idk tbh.

I apologize for not having much to say about the current topics, seeing as I only recently reentered the Yugioh scene and I really don't know in-depth stuff. I was wondering if anyone would help me with my deck.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Queen of the Night is such a beautiful card, I adore her. Her effects are kinda subpar but the name / art <3 Unfortunately I don't think a Flower Princess deck is ideal for summoning her, though. You'd probably be better off using Hieratics, Blue-Eyes or Gimmick Puppet because in a plant deck she's not much easier to summon than Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth :'( I'd like to help you with the deck but I don't think there's anything that could make it at all consistent.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Username: Renpuu
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Six Samurai, Gadget variants, Lightsworn, Zombies
Favourite card: Legendary Six Samurai Shi-En
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel?
No

Okay guys so I'm back playing Yu-gi-oh since we've gone through terrible formats and now this format is actually decent in my opinion since so many decks can now in theory make it to the top and it's not currently a 2 deck race like last format (Dragons or Prophecy.)

I recently went to a silver event playing Six Samurai and went 2 wins and 2 losses. I decided as a last minute choice to main deck D-Fissure and Macro Cosmos which help me win against Dragon Ruler Plants. I was wondering if anyone has good side deck suggestions for Mermail and Firefist ?

@Flush'd

First thing I would do is to try and cut the deck down to 40 cards and see which cards you like more in the deck. Many players currently use the plant engine with another archetype such as dragons or physics. I wonder if Kaarkuri Machina plants could make a come back since it was an older style deck but I reckon it has similar plays now with spore back.

Cirrus

Years
Flush'd, if you make the deck 60 cards but keep to the rule of 1 each I will play Highlander with you :D I love Highlander! Your deck is missing some of the staples of the format but otherwise pretty ok.

But uh, competitively plants are kinda eh. Queen of the Night is cool but hard to summon, and the investment of 3 level 8s is brutal.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Queen of the Night is such a beautiful card, I adore her. Her effects are kinda subpar but the name / art <3 Unfortunately I don't think a Flower Princess deck is ideal for summoning her, though. You'd probably be better off using Hieratics, Blue-Eyes or Gimmick Puppet because in a plant deck she's not much easier to summon than Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth :'( I'd like to help you with the deck but I don't think there's anything that could make it at all consistent.
I don't actually think Queen of the Night would see much playing time. A lot of the cards are geared at bringing out the high level monsters, but I can see Felgrand being a more viable option. This is a deck I plan on using irl, so it might sound odd, but having the deck revolve around the theme of plants is something that I'd like to adhere to.

First thing I would do is to try and cut the deck down to 40 cards and see which cards you like more in the deck. Many players currently use the plant engine with another archetype such as dragons or physics. I wonder if Kaarkuri Machina plants could make a come back since it was an older style deck but I reckon it has similar plays now with spore back.
I've stared at this deck for awhile and find it pretty hard to cut 5 more cards. And I feel like with the plant theme, a lot of the monsters work specifically targeting other plants, i.e. Lord Poison, so the synergy is there. Idk, what would you cut? Probably the random beat sticks like Botanical Lion, and Cephalotus.

Flush'd, if you make the deck 60 cards but keep to the rule of 1 each I will play Highlander with you :D I love Highlander! Your deck is missing some of the staples of the format but otherwise pretty ok.

But uh, competitively plants are kinda eh. Queen of the Night is cool but hard to summon, and the investment of 3 level 8s is brutal.
Don't know what Highlander is tbh haha. And yeah, Queen of the Night is pretty bad. The individual Flower Princesses are probably better alone. I was thinking that on the off-chance that I'm winning a duel and could make that tribute, I'd summon her. But yeah, there are better rank 8s. And what staples am I missing? I've been out of the game too long to know what's relevant anymore haha.

Tbh, I don't exactly know what I'm asking for. I appreciate all the thoughts though haha.

Cirrus

Years
60-card highlander means you can only play 1 of each card. There are otherwise no deckbuilding restrictions. You only have 1 of each right now so ... yeah.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Oh gotcha. That'd work if I just added my side deck and swapped one of the MST for something haha.

Cirrus

Years
Not that many people actually play the format : p if you want to improve your Plant deck you'd have to give a vision of what you want it to do. Mark of the Rose is a really good card that combines well with a proliferation with variable-leveled monsters and / or Tuners, so keep that in mind; for your archetype, it is a powerhouse card (I mean who doesn't love brain control right). You might consider combining it with GigaVise and going for the Hidden Armory plays, but that makes life slightly difficult at times.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Idk, anything centered around Gigaplant seems rather deck-clogging, especially if I try to run more than 1 Gigaplant. But what do I know haha.

Essentially I have all these random monsters that summon from the Graveyard, which I basically do to Synchro or XYZ summon. That's really the main goal of the deck.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Looking to make either a harpie theme'd or general Wind theme'd deck. Anyone got any good ideas?

Wind Theme...giving a general focus card would help.

I do not have Lightning Plover...please no focusing on it.

I will work on a basic Harpie when I get home tonight...just wanted to get a few other options out while I'm waiting to go home.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well if we're only allowed to suggest cards you already have, it might be useful to give us a list of random WIND stuff you own?

Its mostly just Lightning Plover that I wanted to avoid since I see a lot of deck with that as a focus. Anything else is pretty much fine. I've got a ton of cards. Plan on cateloging them sometime in the future XD

But ya its just no "lightning plover this and that". I got a lot of that from friends ^w^;;

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Its mostly just Lightning Plover that I wanted to avoid since I see a lot of deck with that as a focus. Anything else is pretty much fine. I've got a ton of cards. Plan on cateloging them sometime in the future XD

But ya its just no "lightning plover this and that". I got a lot of that from friends ^w^;;

Fabulous! Well my first rec would be Lightning Plo-oh wait.

Generic WIND is perhaps a tad lacking. If I were to build a WIND deck I'd probably revolve it around one of the Simorghs. I like Bird of Divinity and Dark Simorgh very much, though I guess the latter one might be a bit too hybrid-y for what you're trying to achieve.

I've never built a deck based on Bird of Divinity before but it could actually be quite fun with some sort of weird burn / backrow-loving build! Would be interested in seeing the results if you did go down that route.

OH and I have to mention The Atmosphere too! Love this card so much, would like to build a deck around it myself someday!

If you end up making a proper Harpie deck, there are some fun varients to try. Obviously the most noteworthy ones are Pure + Divine (which is focused on Harpie Dancer / Divine Wind shenanigans, though I feel you might already know that), but there's a fun Dragunity hybrid that just came around recently and works surprisingly well!

Cirrus

Years
I think if you're looking for a WIND deck which doesn't often make Chidori, you will want to look at the roboplanes that we got in the last two or three sets. They're pretty cool (a bunch of neat tricks you can do with Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi, which is an awesome card by the way, as well as the tokens you get randomly from ... well ok never mind). You can even play Scapegoat! Seriously go check the roboplanes out.

(Yes, I recommend external token generation largely because 1, you can do whatever you want with them as long as you don't want to bump your roboplanes' levels, and 2, they are much easier to summon. Scapegoat is legendary because it gives you 4 shots with your effects and also serves as a 4-sheep defense if nothing else.)

Roboplanes play okay with Divine Wind / Harpie Dancer. Tempest on the other hand is actually surprisingly decent (you may wish to run Debris Dragon for Black Rose via Raystealth).

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Pre-ordered a box of Shadow Specterssss. This is why I yugioh, for the feeling of opening dem packs.

Back