• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Items? Original Items Staying?

Migrating Mews

Mew Master
Years
Here is where we can talk about what items, old or new, will be on the new games. I think the Grey Stone will make an appearance though. Anything you think will return? (besides the Pokeball"

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Here is where we can talk about what items, old or new, will be on the new games. I think the Grey Stone will make an appearance though. Anything you think will return? (besides the Pokeball"

The God Stone is really the only questionable thing. Pretty much all the items from B/W would pretty much be there.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
We know that the Kami's forms are Exclusive to the 3DS's Dream Radar.

Kyurem is still a mystery as like Deoxys, it can freely change between forms in the Anime. Deoxys was limited to what game you were playing when it was released and given a locational like transformations with the meteorites. Black and White Kyurem's forms are similar to Deoxys, so they may have a location transformation for it.

As for Key Items changing, that wouldn't effect compatibility as Key Items cannot be traded and therefore wouldn't effect how the game interacts with an older game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd like to see two types of bikes as a key item tbh. So theoretically, you could add in the switchable option into the key items and it's actually quite likely considering that'll lean closer to R/S remakes.

Migrating Mews

Mew Master
Years
I highly doubt any (non Key) items will be removed, because then it'd break compatibility, and almost every item is useful in these games.

well, it is for sure that they will have to keep all the Pokeballs. Although, it is possible that they could remove some stat enhancers and TMs.

I also hope the HGSS Pokeballs make an return too. I really liked them for some reason. :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Where did you read that? I'm just curious to know. :P

In the news about the Dream Radar. The Coro Coro (someone translated) said that the new Forms were Exclusive to the Radar game. So the only way to get them is to have a 3DS or trade with someone that has one.

blue

gucci
Years
Well these games seem to be unique so it's likely, we got the new trio of birds so we could see a couple more exclusive items.

Years
In the news about the Dream Radar. The Coro Coro (someone translated) said that the new Forms were Exclusive to the Radar game. So the only way to get them is to have a 3DS or trade with someone that has one.

But I can also borrow someone elses 3DS and use my game on it to get the new forms right?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
But I can also borrow someone elses 3DS and use my game on it to get the new forms right?

Probably. As long as they didn't transfer it to there game already. :p

I'm not sure. I mean theoretically so long as it doesn't ID your game like the Pokewalker and Dream World do, you should be able to find them, catch them, and transfer them into your copy off of a friend's 3DS.

They don't have compatibility info on it other than you can send what you catch to your copy of B2W2. We'll know more later this summer though.

It still a rumor on whether you can catch more than one though. I don't remember seeing them say you could, but a lot of sources say you can catch more than one.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'd like to see two types of bikes as a key item tbh. So theoretically, you could add in the switchable option into the key items and it's actually quite likely considering that'll lean closer to R/S remakes.
Yess, I'd like to see this too. But they should make it to where you have to go to the bike shop to switch out what kind you have (like in RSE!). It'll give some areas a challenge, since there would be some things you could only reach with a certain bike. Oh and if one of the bikes aren't faster than the one in B/W, I will be disappoint.

Other than that, I don't really care for new items really. I only really see GF bringing in new items that revolve around Black Kyurem/White Kyurem.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I dunno, I'd prefer if you had two "fold-able" bikes which were in your bag as key items, which you could access any time - maybe like, something called a bike bag? XD; Back and forward to bike shop would suck. :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I completely forgot about the bikes. I wonder why they were removed and why the two speed bike from Gen 4 was removed. I would kinda like an all in one bike like in Gen 4. Press a button changes what you can do with it.

Back