• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Books to Read?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Walter Moers, Cormac McCarthy, Michael Chabon, Junot Diaz and Haruki Murakami are my favourite authors. I tend to like a lot of modern American fiction, for whatever reason, but am not a massive genre fan. I'm reading the Game of Thrones books in conjunction with the TV series, and they're good... but I probably wouldn't choose one of them over The Great Gatsby or Norwegian Wood. I guess I tend to like more realistic novels. Which is weird, because in TV/films/music, I often like things to be as unconventional as possible. I dunno... I just like what I like! :D

Years
I actually don't read all that much in terms of fictional books, but I do really enjoy reading biographies (autobiographies even more so). While I read the ones written by people of all sorts of professions, I find the ones written by athletes the most interesting, as many of them are known more for what they do when they compete, rather than what their life was like up to and during their careers.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I dont really have a specific favorite author, but I love suspense books. Stuff that keeps me on the edge of my seat, and where I am actually excited about turning the page to find out what happens next!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I dont really have a specific favorite author, but I love suspense books. Stuff that keeps me on the edge of my seat, and where I am actually excited about turning the page to find out what happens next!

This is pretty much the same for me. I don't really read enough to have a favourite author, but when I do get my hands on a story that you just can't stop reading I won't put it down till it's finished. The best book that I've read was called Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk, which is basically about... well, it's about countless constantly changing themes so its not really worth listing (or entirely appropriate for PC!), but it's such a good book and the suspense it brings is amazing. I guess I just need to start putting aside more time for reading, hmm...

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I love fantasy books mainly (though when I was younger I loved stuff like The Little House On The Prairie by Laura Ingles Wilder)
And books that generally are well written and/or have a good storyline. Also, if they keep me on the edge of my seat, so I absolutely have to read the next chapter, I'll usually read them too.

Favourite books;
The Lord Of The Rings J. R. R. Tolkien
The Hobbit J. R. R. Tolkien

These books by Paula Vince aren't very popular, but are really good

Quenarden series Paula Vince

These next four books aren't fantasy, they are realistic. And they are very well written, the types of books where I have to read the next chapter!

The Risky Way Home Paula Vince
Picking Up The Pieces Paula Vince
A Design Of Gold Paula Vince

Best Forgotten Paula Vince

Back