• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Type Combos you wanna see in the future

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
every Pokémon generation had Dragon Type Pokémon released, MANY of them being Legendary Pokémon... I wanna ask, what are some Dragon Type Pokémon and a second Pokémon Type that currently doesn't exist yet that you wanna see in the future??

there are two for me, Dragon/Fairy & Dragon/Grass

now add a badass design to them (especially the Dragon/Fairy) and AWESOMELY EPIC Pokémon emerges

not sure if this goes in PVP or regular discussion

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Well, I initially requested Dragon/Rock because it would be an example of the "ultimate Fossil Pokemon"; but now we have one in this Generation I need to think of another combo. I agree that "Dragon/Fairy" should be one of the new combos. Because these two types are fantasy, I'd call a Pokemon with that typing the "ultimate Fantasy Pokemon". There's also a possibility that Vibrava and Flygon may soon be retyped to be Bug/Dragon. That would make a rather interesting typing unique to Dragonflies. (although I have to admit its not the best typing in the world)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I think it would be pretty cool to see a fairy/dragon Pokémon, personally. This combination would make it vulnerable to poison, steel, dragon, ice, and fairy--a total of five types (unless I'm forgetting something)--but perhaps they could cover it up by giving it good amount of stats. It'd be nice to have a grass/dragon Pokémon, too. They could make it the evolution for Tropius, maybe? Tropius always looked like a dragon to me, so in my opinion, it would make a lot of sense to make its evolution dragon-type. This Pokémon would be extremely weak against ice-types, yes, but if they happen to give it the Thick Fat ability, then it should be able to easily overcome them. Aside from these two, I'm also wanting to see a Pokémon with the combination of dragon and fighting. I imagine this Pokémon to look sort of like Five-Headed Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh. This used to be one of my most favorite YGO monsters, right next to Dark Magician. (:

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
I would definitely love to see a Dragon/Grass type.

Maybe another non-legendary Dragon/Water.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I would definitely love to see a Dragon/Grass type.

Maybe another non-legendary Dragon/Water.
I just thought of Grass/Dragon actually! I wonder what that would be like. Probably a dinosaur, similar to Venusaur or Meganium, but with more accentuated dragon features such as wings. It could also be done in some Altaria style, with lots of defensive powders and other powers.

Dragon/Water, the Gyarados we never got. Milotic could have been given this typing, imo.

Driskull

DADDY WAS A FALL DOWN MAN
Years
When I was making a ROM hack, I did make the Grass starter's 2nd stage evo Grass/Dragon.

I imagined it as a sauropod with flower petals around it's neck.

Thergox

Average Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
I'd like to see another rockin' Ghost/Dragon. Giratina is really awesome, so I'd like to see another.

There should also be a (Non-mega) Dragon/Fire type. It would seem pretty obvious -- dragons and fire DO seem to be. . . * Thinking of a word with an "S" * Charizard's X mega is only temporary, so a solid double type should be on the list.

A Grass/Dragon would be interesting, as everyone else has said, but it would have to have some interesting stats to make it worth while. Grass is so susceptible to everything, but the Dragon type pushes some of those weaknesses back a step. Though I do imagine it would look pretty cool.

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
A fairy/Dragon. Mainly because of design. Dragons are so ferocious and beast but fairies are cute and small.. A combination like that would be weird.

Years
Normal/Dragon and Bug/Dragon. These two might be weird typing combinations, but I still like 'em. Also a new Steel/Dragon. Would like to see a new bulky dragon dancer that can beat fairies.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I would like a dragon/grass pokemon that can have high defenses and special attack, would be nice to have 1 able to use leaf storm. Dragon/fairy is also a good typing since it has immunity agaisnt other dragons so it would be the nightmare for every dragon type user and also that would make it the only dragon type immune to its own type. dragon bugs would be nice also and would like them to be focused on speed and probably balanced stats in hp and attack or maybe special attack, that would depend on the moves they would be able to learn.
I agree we need more fire/dragon that are not temporary and no legendary, it's like a basic trait for every firebreathing dragon.
dragon normal it's interesting in that it will be immune to ghost, the only drawback is that it makes it weak agaisnt fighting, but i guess it could be a well balanced type since you gain an immunity and you don't get a 4X weakness.

Years
I wish we had another part-Ghost Dragon type other than Giratina, as it's one of my favorite dual-typings to date. Either that, or a Bug/Dragon type. I don't know exactly how it would be designed, but I think it could be a really great concept if executed properly.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I wanna see Dragon combined with every other type it hasn't been paired with yet.

And a non-legendary Steel/Dragon.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Grass/Dragon! :V

If you know me, you know I always want more grass types. I would also like to see Dragon/Fairy, Dragon/Bug and just about every other type dragon hasn't been paired with yet.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'd like to see a Grass/Dragon Pokemon; I think it's an interesting combination and I'm intrigued on how such a Pokemon would look.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I have to admit, grass/dragon is one that would interest me as well.
Effectiveness aside, why not Ice/Dragon? I would love to see an Ice Dragon in a Pokémon game.
Kyurem says hi. =p

Years
I want to see a Dragon/Grass plus another Dragon/Psychic & Ghost/Dragon.

I was expecting a Dragon/Grass in X&Y :(

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
I was pretty sad to see that Yanmega is just another stupid Bug/Flying type. I wanted it to be a Bug/Dragon type, even though it looks nothing like a dragon. I'd also like to see Steel/Dragon, Water/Dragon, and the other legendary dragon combinations, but with normal Pokemon.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
@DynamicD: I too have hated how Yanmega is still Bug/Flying. As for Water/Dragon, there is Kingdra.

On my own note, Dragon/Fighting, Dragon/Normal, and Dragon/Fairy would be pretty dope.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
I would really like a Dragon/Fairy type. It'd be cool to see something immune to something it's weak to..and I think so far, Ferrothorn's the only thing with that sort of strength, being immune to Poison. Speaking of Ferrothorn, Grass/Dragon type. I know it will be 4x weak to Ice, but it's a nice concept :]

Back