• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Everyone in my family is very religious, so I doubt anyone else would have come out, even if they were gay. I may be the first. I don't even know of any family members other than my dad who isn't diehard Christian.

Side note... trying to go vegetarian has proved far more difficult than coming out as gay, lol. My mom is making a huge deal over it, and she hardly even seemed to care that I was gay, even though that basically translates into "Mom, I'm going to hell." in her mind.

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Ummm. I just wanted to stop by in this forum to say I love listening to what everyone shares with the community about their experiences and hope that one day, the LGBTS community will be accepted as a norm throughout the world (although it's a lot to ask for).

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Awww, ain't dat nice.

I have one gay uncle...

That's it I think. I mean, no one I know is out. For the longest time I only had one gay friend, and we weren't even that close. Then I start dating this girl and holy crap there are other gay people.

It's great.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I have a bisexual cousin, but that's just about it for family. I have some gay/bi/pan friends though.

I'm the only transsexual person ever in my family and friend groups though. Dunno how this is going to fly...

Last edited:

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
I'm the only gay person in my family as far as I know although years ago there were rumors about one of my cousins being in the closet. I don't think I've talked to him in well over 4 years though so idk. Pretty sure he has a gf.

Phantom1

Years
Oh, and have we not spoken about how awesome Minnesota is?

'Cause it's awesome!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Oh, well, not really in my family, but my sister's best friend that lives in the half of the house next to her (it's a duplex with a total of ten bedrooms, and they kind of took it over together, lol) and that a lot of my family considers to be family is bi. I just found that out today, actually, at my twin nieces' third birthday party. She's currently dating a woman, although I have no idea whom. It hardly came as a surprise, though. In fact, when my mom was saying that she "Was playing on my team, on the opposite side" (or something like that), I pretty much just gave a blank stare and said just that: it was hardly surprising. The one we were talking about kind of just laughed, lol.

Phantom1

Years
I have a lot of respect for Minnesota now that the whole ordeal is finished over there. Yay!

All the respect for my state! People can start getting married August 1st!

I don't have to move to move if I ever get married. I like this.

Ugh guys also.. A whole 8 months of my life I have been dreaming of this girl, I told her I liked her, she lead me on for a month and a half, and then told me to give up. I tried so hard to forget about her.

I had a dream about her last night. :( Make it stop

I'm sorry, that sucks.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Yeah I wish I could just let it go. Things are slowly going better though. I'm chin-up today :D

As bad as it sounds, I have always found the best way to get over a crush is to find a new one :L haha. Best of luck though!

With regards to the family question, I'm pretty sure nobody in my family has come out, unless they're hiding it well :P.

Phantom1

Years
I'm moving to Minnesota! :p naw just kidding. maybe alaska. I really like alaska. Oooh! Or colorado. I dunno.

Yeah I wish I could just let it go. Things are slowly going better though. I'm chin-up today :D

Minneapolis is amazing. Gayest city in the nation!

Plus we have lots of cool places and people aren't dicks, it's great. Well, there are still jerks around, but they are looked down on. Plus, I'm here, which makes it even more awesome.

While getting another crush might work, it might not be that simple.

Keep that chin-up. You'll find that right person sooner than you think, I'm sure.

Phantom1

Years
I know what you mean with "it may not be that simple". I don't wanna be the person to use a new crush as a band aid for the old one. :( That doesn't get me anywhere.

Band aids suck anyways. They never freaking stay on. You end up having to rip them off, or they fall off more like, and that's not fair to the band aid. It's not it's fault its adhesive is faulty.

Yes, that was an analogy.

I think.

In the end, it's really up to you. For now, go out with friends, start a project, or something to get your mind off things. Maybe some time alone might help you get yourself together enough or something to put yourself back out there?

Minneapolis just sounds like a cool place to visit regardless.

It is, and St. Paul isn't that bad either.

It's a pretty cool state, really community based, "Minnesota Nice" and all.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I agree with Phantom. For now, just live your life and have a good time until you feel ready. Sometimes you find the right person when you aren't even looking. That is what happened with my girlfriend. And don't let that girl get you too down. If she led you on then she isn't very nice and isn't worth your time. You will find someone better. Trust me, I know from experience.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Welp. I guess it's finally going to happen. I'm going to be telling my mom that I'm MtF...I'm just as excited as I'm nervous...which is very for both.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
If you remember my previous post I was becoming pretty sure I was bi, but it still wasn't the most clear cut thing ever.

Well, as I continue to try and understand my sexuality I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that it's empathy for the other person that's key.

Physically attraction is present, but not nearly as relevant.

To put it crudely I get off from making other people feel good. (Or as it stands at the moment, imagining such things wow that sounds lonely ._. )

Now, not that I need one at all but, is there a name for this? Demisexual seems the closest, but still pretty far off as the empathy doesn't have to come from any deep relationship.

As well is anyone else, or does anybody know of anybody, similar to me in this regard?

Last edited:

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Now, not that I need one at all but, is there a name for this? Demisexual seems the closest, but still pretty far off as the empathy doesn't have to come from any deep relationship.
Demi is probably the most accurate thing for ya.

Anyways, back to what happened last night:

So I decided I would finally tell my mom that I am MtF through a three page letter, also going about how the gender dysphoria has slowed down my progress, my life happiness, and how I'm just looking for support. Well when I got home last night we talked about it for about a solid thirty minutes. She was saying that she always knew something was upsetting me all the time, and was actually extremely happy to see me write it because it's the most feelings she has seen from me in all of my life. She went onto other stuff, like how she just wants me to be happy in life no matter what it takes, and said she supports me, is proud of me, etc.

TL;DR, happiest I've been in years.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
You know what I did? I deleted her phone number.

And now I swear to god I feel 80% better than yesterday. I didn't feel obliged to text her every time I saw her name.

That's great! That is the first step. Try to get her out of your mind.

@Aeon- That is amazing! You are so lucky to have such a supportive mom. I am happy for you ^^

Years
So I decided I would finally tell my mom that I am MtF through a three page letter, also going about how the gender dysphoria has slowed down my progress, my life happiness, and how I'm just looking for support. Well when I got home last night we talked about it for about a solid thirty minutes. She was saying that she always knew something was upsetting me all the time, and was actually extremely happy to see me write it because it's the most feelings she has seen from me in all of my life. She went onto other stuff, like how she just wants me to be happy in life no matter what it takes, and said she supports me, is proud of me, etc.

TL;DR, happiest I've been in years.

That's really something. It's great to have someone you can be open with and who can be supportive of you.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
BI-ROMATIC/PANROMATIC DEMISEXUAL!

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!

HOLY **** you have no idea of the load that has taken off my shoulders

actually of all people you lot should come the closest

Phantom1

Years
So, I had my heart ripped out by a text message earlier today.

Apparently she didn't see us together in the 'end game' and thought it would be easier than to break it off two years from now.

That I can get. I understand feeling that way.

But a flipping text message. That's the lowest form of...

I just need all the hugs.

On the other hand. Back on the market. Overjoyed >:/

Phantom1

Years
Worst part is she did this and hour before I needed to be at work. So now I haven't had a chance to recover since. And by recover I mean play Skyrim and kill everything in game, then find my dog to use as giant pillow, proceed cuddling while watching cheesy comedies all night. And then later in the week having a large bonfire with my bro.

I have a system.

I think I give up on romance though. Being a hopeless romantic sucks from this point of view.

Back