• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

looking for the best pokedex

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2012
My son looks at pokedexes every time we go into a store. I was wondering what would be the best pokedex to buy him for Christmas. Thanks in advance.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
Well, I don't think any Pokedex has all the Pokemon in it. Heck, mine only has 201 Pokemon in. I think the one has the most may be the deluxe pokedex but I don't really know since there isn't a whole lot of information on them out there since they're so rare. That's why I asked you what his favourite generation is.

Although, if you son has a 3DS you can download the Pokedex 3D pro from the nintendo e-shop for only fifteen dollars and that has all the Pokemon on it. Of course, if he doesn't have a 3DS then your better off getting him an regular pokedex.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ya none of the toy Pokedexes (I'm surprised they still make those...I haven't seen one in 12 years) have all 600+ Pokemon. They are usually Regional.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ah. Book. Uh. There is the Pocket Edition for B/W. B2W2's Pokedex doesn't release until November. So the only current Gen one is missing three Pokemon in it.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
Oh, you meant like the handbooks and the guide books.
Well, you could get the black and white one but I don't think that has all the Pokemon, I think it just as the Unova Pokemon. The most you could get is a version with 493 pokemon in it, I would recommend the the Pokemon Pocket Pokedex Version 3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh, you meant like the handbooks and the guide books.
Well, you could get the black and white one but I don't think that has all the Pokemon, I think it just as the Unova Pokemon. The most you could get is a version with 493 pokemon in it, I would recommend the the Pokemon Pocket Pokedex Version 3

They have a Pocket Pokedex and the Unova Guide Version 2 has the Master Pokedex in it as well. The B2W2 Pokedex doesn't release until November I think. There is a book advertised with the Gothielle/rita Download.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
They have a Pocket Pokedex and the Unova Guide Version 2 has the Master Pokedex in it as well. The B2W2 Pokedex doesn't release until November I think. There is a book advertised with the Gothielle/rita Download.
Sorry, I hadn't heard of those book until now.

Back