• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

spam me so my count can go up

droomph

weeb
Years
As I've just finished a bout of this, I wanna see what y'alls think.

So do you ever take a look at your post count/VM count/bank account/mortgage/cholesterol count/weight/whatever and you're like "OH SHIZ I'M THAT BAD?!" and start obsessively devising ways to raise (or lower, depending on the situation) that number for a couple days?

I certainly have :P

Years
I always check my postcount on PC.

I love to try and post almost anywhere so I can get that postcount up.

Honest

Hi!
Years
When I was a noob, post count meant something to me. Now, it means absolutely nothing. It's just a freaking number. As for other scenarios... weight, maybe? Which some of you might find funny, if you know me. Other than that, I can't think of much. I'd love to be able to stay 16, though. /sigh

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Money. As a college student with a part-time job about to transfer to university in a year, money is like everything right now lol

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Not really, although I have been told by my BMI that I'm .5 under the normal, healthy weight range; which to be honest, doesn't bother me, because I feel great. For post count, I'd say, in some cases I've looked back and felt proud of myself. Not due to the number, but the fact that most of them are quality posts (although that's up to the discretion of others). I mean, I don't think it's a bad thing if you're proud of your postcount, because if it's been built from all the quality posts you've made, it's definitely a positive thing. But also on the otherhand, I don't think it's the most important thing you should be worrying about.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I haven't been posting much nowadays, so I try to post in as many sections as I can think of that are interesting to me.

I'm also starting to put on some weight, so I exercise in attempting to work it off.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
tbh i don't bother about my postcount or my vms number or what means to me is having fun in forums when it comes to money i only check it when i plan to buy something important..other than that i don't bother aussi.....i don't have a job anyway too lol

genarly..nope i don't care that much :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I care about anything involving numbers. Wins/losses or ranking on ladder? MATTERS. Post count? MATTERS (well, depends, only if it's an even or pretty number but it mattered more in my early years). How many hours played of B/W? MATTERS. How many things--okay you get the point. I like having big numbers. :(

In general too I hate spending money because it means I have less so I think having a big amount of money saved up matters too lmao.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Back when I was a new member I did care about post count, but now.....not so much. Numbers don't mean anything to me. :(

I do care about my weight. I'm planning to lose at least 20 pounds. :S

Years
Post count doesn't really matter all that much to me (I honestly couldn't even give you a range of how many posts I have, because I just never look).

Other more tangible things like money I highly keep track of, though. For example, I could tell you that I have exactly $3.75 worth of change in my wallet, and I could tell you down to the dollar exactly how much is in my bank account.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Post count was the main reason i never fully switched to any of my alt accounts back before PC let you change your username. Any other thing pertaining to numbers and PC I could care less about. Back when I was a noob I would post just to post and not care about if I was adding to the content of the thread.

As far as numbers in the rest of my life...really wish my weight was down. XD I'm not a "fat" person, but I've always been a bit overweight (but I think I wear it well XD) so I've always wanted to cut those extra lbs.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I've had an old, seven-year old account with approximately over 12,000 posts and I think 5,000 VMs, and by creating a new account, I pretty much lost all of that. xD

I used to care a bunch about what my postcount was, but not so much anymore.

Years
I don't even know what my account stats are right now. That's how much I really don't care about them. They're interesting, but just numbers in the end.

Every once in awhile I'll search for my overall ranking in PC post count out of curiosity. Then I'll promptly forget where I stand.

As for outside PC? The only number I worry about is how much money I have. Lately my spending has been out of whack. Oh well.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I sometimes pay attention to post count just to see if it's at a cool number (round numbers make me smile :3) but other than that I don't really notice them much. Profile visits are kinda cool to look at just to see how many people are visiting you, but it's kinda scary when it goes up a lot in one week :p As for irl, I keep an eye on money like most people in this thread! Other than that there's nothing I can think of x3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Post count? Not anymore. I hated having such a high post count for a while and used to mass delete some of my replies back when I was an smod, but eventually I just stopped caring.
VM count? No, but it wouldn't hurt for more people to talk to me.
Bank account? Only after I pay off my credit card. I can raise this effectively by continuing to go to work.
Mortgage? Don't have one.
Cholesterol count? Don't know it.
Weight? Pretty satisfied with that.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't think so? I don't try to raise my post count, I just...have a lot to say, apparently. XD I never really watch the VM count or anything else though...sorry, this is a boring post. ;(

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I do, especially when it comes to money. Even if I'm getting paid consistently from my current job, I find myself scrambling to make more money fast for whatever reason. Same for my weight at times. If I've gained a couple extra pounds, I must quickly devise a plan to drop them again or I swear I'll die or something.

Years
Not with numbers specifically, but with more abstract things I'll sometimes feel like I have to do something until it's perfect, like cleaning up my space.

Spoiler:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Post count has been very important to me lately. I'm constantly checking mine and I feel weird if I don't get at least 5 posts a day. So I try to make sure I go a few sections a night. Weight is another thing important to me. Ever since my doctor said I should lower my cholesterol, I've been exercising more and stepping on the scale more often.

Back