• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xiaolin Showdown 2: Xiaolin Chronicles

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Hey there! Any of you remember "Xiaolin Showdown" from...a long time ago? Given that it was one of my favorite childhood shows, this next bit of information has truly got me pumped...

Xiaolin Showdown managed to get a sequel series, called Xiaolin Chronicles. If you have ever watched XS, how do you feel about this? Excited? Dissapointed? If you haven't seen XS, are you going to check it out? First impressions? Personally, I can't wait for XC.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I loved Xioalin Showdown so this is exciting news. It was one of my favorite series on Kids WB. I just wonder if will it continue from where the original left off or is a completely new series. I hope it continues with Omi, Raimundo, Kimiko , Clay , etc, though I wouldn't mind a show new fresh series with new characters and Shen Gong Wu too find.

Another idea I just thought of is if there was a whole new crew of Xioalin Warriors and the Shen Gong Woo from the original series got lost again, making the new crew find them again. Along with new Shen Gong Wu introduced. Anyway, just really excited to see XC and hope it's just as good as the original.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I remember reading about this a couple of years ago, and being concerned because I couldn't tell if it was full 3D CGI or not. Finally saw a real clip just now, and I'm glad that it's confirmed that the 3D is for the showdowns only. Jack's new voice'll probably take some getting used to, though.

Back in the day, though, this was one of my favorite Kids WB shows along with Pokemon, so I'm glad to see it returning. Whether or not I'll actually watch it, a lot lot Teen Titans Go*, is another thing. But it's somewhat comforting to know that both shows exist again in some format, if only for some kind of cozy feeling. All I need now is some early-mid Billy and Mandy reruns and a new version of HiHi Puffy AmiYumi and I'm in the mid-late 2000s again.

*The difference being that I might actively try to watch Xiaolin Chronicles if I can. Not so sure about Teen Titans.

darkpokeball

Years
I loved Xioalin Showdown so this is exciting news. It was one of my favorite series on Kids WB. I just wonder if will it continue from where the original left off or is a completely new series. I hope it continues with Omi, Raimundo, Kimiko , Clay , etc, though I wouldn't mind a show new fresh series with new characters and Shen Gong Wu too find.

Another idea I just thought of is if there was a whole new crew of Xioalin Warriors and the Shen Gong Woo from the original series got lost again, making the new crew find them again. Along with new Shen Gong Wu introduced. Anyway, just really excited to see XC and hope it's just as good as the original.
Well, there is a new monk, but other than that the crew is the same. (But the new monk looks...um....uninspired.)

@dbp the Jack voice from the clip was a placeholder done by Tara Strong. It's not his actual voice (thank goodness)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS?? THIS IS WONDERFUL I JUST HOPE THEY DON'T RUIN IT!

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I've got pretty high hopes for it since I really didn't like how XS ended. It was such a solid series, though. Some of the plots were really intense and so well-written that I still appreciate them, and I've always enjoyed the pacing at which they introduced new and stronger villains.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I can finally look at Omi's bald single strand hair head again? Color me happy =D

I still need to catch up with the first series, but I'm definitely excited for this.

droomph

weeb
Years
Idk. On one hand, it was very well written, but on the other hand…

Idk it's kinda too … not racist, something's just not right with that show.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I loved this show. I loved it so much that I thought that Avatar was going to be a bad copy of it. Which explains why I never fully liked or watched Avatar haha!

Didn't like that Omi didn't win whatever the challenge was and I'm not fully excited for four new people. I liked the old crew. The girl, Kimi?, always changing her hairstyle <3

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I was excited until I actually read up on it. They are keeping the same characters which because of the end of the original show I'm not really happy about. I only liked Omi and Kimiko and despised Raimundo through out the whole show. Clay was just meh. They are apparently getting a new character who from his character/power descriptions seems to be, as said above, quite uninspired.

The show is also owned by a different company so they are being forced to rename the Shen Gong Wu that existed in the original show which is going to bother me if I actually watch it.

I'll give it a chance but I'm going to be wary about it because I've been burned by series continuations before *Cough*Korra*cough*.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
This show was the highlight of Kids WB back in the day, with Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, and Static Shock too (I mean, come on, it was awesome). I had no idea they'd ever come out with a sequel, and now that there is just ajsdoifjaodsijpfaosidjfoadsijf YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Do we know anything else about it, such as release date, or is it just the one trailer right now?

darkpokeball

Years
This show was the highlight of Kids WB back in the day, with Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, and Static Shock too (I mean, come on, it was awesome). I had no idea they'd ever come out with a sequel, and now that there is just ajsdoifjaodsijpfaosidjfoadsijf YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Do we know anything else about it, such as release date, or is it just the one trailer right now?
We know the voice actors and we know about two new characters. We also have the channels that it will be shown on and that they are in post-production. That's about it.
The new characters look kind of....bad, but I'm going to watch a few episodes before I make any final judgements.
(Can't wait to see the 3d showdowns :) )

Years
I loved the original series, particularly Season 1, but I think this will stray too far from the original and be boring

darkpokeball

Years
Sometimes sequel series can go...a bit off(TT Go!, Code Lyoko Evolution, Amazing Spiez!, etc.)

But I think that XC is going to stay right on track....a bit too on track. One of the biggest flaws of teh original show was that it never developed! I bet if the show dared to go a bit darker and deep as it went along, then it wouldn't have ended in the first place.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
I saw the preview, and I'm pretty darn excited for it, y'know :)

The only downside that I saw was that Jack Spicer's voice actor changed, and the names of the Wu have changed ;-;

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
I just tried digging up some info. I've heard rumors that there's an apprentice named Shadow, and the new monk uses the element of Wood. I also heard that Chase Young's voice was going to be changed, but hopefully that isn't true (I am a Chase Young fan). There are also a lot of other girls out there who would petition for Shadow to be killed off if she becomes Chase's gf XD please confirm?

darkpokeball

Years
I'ma save this thread.
@Triplekitty YES! Shadow and Ping-Pong(the wood elemental) are indeed real!
Anyone else notice that Ping-Pong looks a lot like Omi(main hero) while Shadow looks a lot like Chase(main villain)
Connection?

Back