• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
When you think about it, there's still so much more they've yet to reveal. We've got the Region, Cities, Pokedex, Gym Leaders, Protagonists, Antagonists, Evil Team(s), New features and more and as we get ever so closer to the release date, they're going to have to gradually increase the amount of information they release.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
When do you guys think they will go ahead and reveal the entire new pokedex? If I remember correctly, it's usually done around summer time?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm actually hoping that they don't leak the dex as I want to discover the Pokémon on my own, and I feel it'll be hard to avoid spoilers if they do.

We do have a lot left to see, I expect this month and the next four to be full of BW rate info rather than what we've had since January.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well I wonder what else they have to announce, I don't think Sylveon's typing along would be branded as a " a massive Pokémon X & Y special featuring Junichi Masuda with lots of information promised". Hopefully we'll get that and more by the looks of things.

As stated before "Big" has always been a misleading word for the games. Once it turned into a Mewtwo Download back in Black and White when everyone was expecting remakes or Grey. There was a bit of major hype turned into petty disappointment. Sylveon's type may be the only thing IF we are lucky to even get that.

True, however Sylveon's type doesn't warrant as a big announcement for me, however it will be a big relief to finally know. Hopefully Corocoro will really have something worthy of being called big if Smash doesn't.

CoroCoro will tell us then Smash will repeat as is the norm with that pattern...The big announcement is on the 19th so its 4 days after CoroCoro...if we get no major news in CoroCoro we get no major news Smash on the 19th. Has a good chance to be a download event revolving around Eevee or Mewtwo. This week's (tomorrows) doesn't look to have anything of merit since we're supposed to get a big announcement next week.

Nintendo said that it's doing a bunch of Nintendo Directs around the time of E3 for consumers who, unlike the media and business aficionados to whom Nintendo will present information at the event, won't be there instead of the usual hullabaloo surrounding its annual presentation. Therefore, we'll still get lots of information around that time even though I hope that the upcoming Pokémon Smash episode and CoroCoro leak give us a ton of information which we can all analyze to kingdom come or death, whichever comes first.

Nintendo is doing small segments through their Direct Stream...yes. But since TPC is already doing this with Pokemon on their site this leads it to be highly probable that Nintendo will not be making any more streams for Pokemon. Especially with around 20 games popping out this Summer and Fall for the Wii U alone. There is also all the updates to the shops and new download games. There are a few new Mario spinoffs and Zelda games coming out which are both produced solely by Nintendo which will most likely be the focus of the Direct Streams. I doubt Nintendo will be doing anything Pokemon until September/October since they have no major presentations.

When do you guys think they will go ahead and reveal the entire new pokedex? If I remember correctly, it's usually done around summer time?

Entire Pokedex never appears until closer to launch date. Usually 1-2 weeks before unless someone gets a copy eariler. Since the guys that usually get us the dex can't pull it straight from the cart like they used to with the 3DS being more encrypted, we may not have a full dex until the game's release and everyone either finds them all or TPC posts the full dex on their site.

Third option is they finally break the encryptions and are able to pull all the info off to supply to sites like Serebii and Bulbapedia.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They say the news is XY related so I doubt it'll be an event, unless it's the event that activates Mewtwo's other forme in the games.

They've done that in the past too. Said something was "x" version related and turned out to be the release event download or something stupid. Or something released in previous generation to unlock something in later generation. I mean watch...it'll be a B2W2 Mewtwo download that will need to be transferred to X and Y to trigger the actual event.

"Big" news related to x has no real meaning as far as Smash is concerned....PLUS we will already know what it is since this airs after CoroCoro. So Smash's relevancy just dropped a lot. All it did was say to expect something new"ish" in the coming CoroCoro that will then be talked about 4 days later as a recap.

......Just realizing....they could be releasing X and Y's official release date. That is still something we don't know about. Its X and Y related and would be considered "big" news by their standards.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well the release date would be good, then we can have an official countdown to the release ^_^. And we can learn if it really is coming out in the same day world wide rather then the same month like some have suggested.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I hope they release it on the same day, i hate how America and Europe always have to wait -.- they made a big deal about releasing it worldwide, so changing that would be a pretty big disappointment

blue

gucci
Years
A release date would be pretty good, we would be able to establish the gap for different countries. Although I see the release date being more of a summer announcement, with only two or three months to go.

Years
Did you see the CoroCoro "leak"? I saw that on serebii and there are 4 new Pokemon! Also in the picture the male trainer is riding a Pokemon. It says it is not confirmed yet tho :( Anyway, I liked the new Pokemon! The bird one is cute!!! :D

Years
I like them. They are cool. I will get used to the Panda. :) I think they all are interesting. They translated their names and their types too. Can't wait to see the bird's final evolution! I love it .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
soooo cute!! well, the mawile-looking thing isn't cute but WOW THE BIRD AND THE PANDA RFGHJKL have to have! hope they're real :x

Years
I saw that on serebii "There appears to be more including the game's boxarts, and the Pokédex, as well as the region map but it's not completely visible." I can't wait to see!!!!!!

Years
I really like the panda and the goat, the bird is ok, just a little boring compared to his predecessor, while I don't really like the yellow one, I don't even know what it is xD.

Is the thing right to the panda the new pokédex?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I like all of these Pokemon, especially the panda Pokemon. And the yellow electric one somehow reminds me of Glaceon's. Looks like the PokeDex is slimmer than I thought now.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Wow awesome!! I really hope they don't turn out to be fake!
So according to Serebii, here it goes: the Goat's name is Gogoat and he is a grass type.
He definitely looks incredibly cool, and it seems you can ride it?? amazing!!
The Lizard seems to be an electric type. Looks kinda weird, but cute.
The Panda is called Yanchamu and is supposed to be a fighting type.
The Bird is based on a Japanese Robin and is called Yayakoma.

Also, most of these pokemon supposedly have new Gen6 moves!!

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
Years
The Pokédex sorta looks a tablet when opened. Anyways the panda Pokémon (if it's real) is my favorite Pokémon of Gen 6 so far.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
The panda definitely looks awesome! My favorite so far as well
Although the goat looks pretty cool to, especially if you can ride it ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back