• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty Discussion

Years
I really hope Infinity Ward have done a good job with Ghosts. I mean, hopefully they have identified what made certain CoD games more popular than others and act upon it. Modern Warfare 2, had it's cons, but arguably the most pros as a MW game. Now look at BO2 and see why it is as bad as it is. None of this futuristic garbage, I would like to see a game that is an improvement on the MW series with a difference in story, setting but with a feel of familiarity so it feels "right". That's what I'm hoping for.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
I've just stopped playing Black Ops 2 online altogether. That game is beyond broken and Snipers are king.

Actually, nowadays, snipers are getting kicked in their daddy bags. Submachine guns and LMG's are owning everything. Though lately an obnoxious amount of people are halo-ing with shotguns.

There are plenty of gamers like me that don't even touch sniper rifles.

RPG blasting them over and over or even worse... Knifing them in Gun Game xD

We had a buddy in my clan who was so good at knifing in Gun Game that he'd go POSITIVE just by knifing the entire match. But he left the game for good. So in his honor we still play his Gun Game, a custom mode where if you get knifed you go back ten kills instead of one.

Also, to the one upset about matchmaking, it doesn't go by rank. There are actually a lot of factors on putting you into a lobby

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Can't stand the series. There's nothing tactical about it, all you do is run and gun. Every match is the same, I can't find satisfaction in the kills I get. Every weapon feels the same to me, so back when I used to play it I just completely stopped using guns and just started knifing everyone. Hell all the new releases in the series are the exact same thing, I don't see the point in spending another 60 dollars for a map pack. The community is annoying as hell, can't go one match without hearing constant *****ing.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Can't stand the series. There's nothing tactical about it, all you do is run and gun. Every match is the same, I can't find satisfaction in the kills I get. Every weapon feels the same to me, so back when I used to play it I just completely stopped using guns and just started knifing everyone. Hell all the new releases in the series are the exact same thing, I don't see the point in spending another 60 dollars for a map pack. The community is annoying as hell, can't go one match without hearing constant *****ing.

Fair enough. People who play the games to this day either like the game play or are so good at the game (not me) they have gotten use to everything.

I put my XB voice feature (for other players) on mute and enjoy the battle chatter in-game. Much more refreshing to 12 year olds shouting that you hacked. Lol.

TY

Yeah the little kids are the most annoying yet hilarious people when it comes to CoD
Also i think IW should make the killstreaks for Ghosts like in MW1, so that no one friggin camps for their high-end killstreaks, or even better, completely remove them.

Years
It was okay untill after MW2. Same useless game engine since 2007, storylines that take 4 hours to complete and the single handedly the most unbalanced and annoying multiplayer ever. Also, winner of worst fanbase in videogames since 2009.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Activision has previously stated that in CoD: Ghosts, players would be able to transfer their in-game profiles between various video game consoles. Well, according to this report, that's not going happen. What are your opinion on this?

It's not going to bother me, honestly, because I'm getting this game for only one console (which is my Wii U). It'll affect those who are planning to play it on two or more platforms, though, and it may upset them quite a bit when they hear this news.

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

~Toxic to the Touch Scavenger Hunt~ (moderator approved).

Well done, Toxic Treasures! You have uncovered the little clue I set out for you.

Here is the next:

Just received a Gameboy Colors, a lonely child lays its solemn eyes on a small cover with a rather interesting decor with small animal like creatures. Picking it up, he feels a flutter in his chest, this is my new hobby! My favorite memory, the day I got into Pokemon!

Good luck, kitties! ^^

(had to remake this so people would acknowledge it's existence.)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I've played a lot of Call of Duty in my day to be honest. I see where all the rage comes from, but more than anything I think the people are more amusing than annoying. I'm not too bad myself I don't think, but since I'm in college now with no Xbox, I can't foresee myself getting Ghosts.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I'm going to try to get Ghosts. It looks interesting and I would be a bad CoD fan not to get the next installment just as I would be a bad Halo fan for not buying the next installment.

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
Years
i takes a special type of tolerance to not rage in cod.
i rage quite a bit when i use to play. but i dnt bother wearing my mic if i'm just going to shout and scream lol. I'm excited for ghosts although i wont be getting it around release time.

which call of duty did you guys play the most?
for me it was mw2. i played so much i think i had 115k kills and i have around 90k on mw3.
what is your favorite gun?
f2000. i know im a wierdo. got the gold skull title for it and everything.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
CoD sucks. Rather, the game is amazing in theory but there are two things wrong with it in practice: the connection and the community.

The connection, when bad, is the worst of any multiplayer game I've ever played - simply because of how quickly you kill people and die in the game. When it lags, people shoot you around corners or, on your screen, you hit them with 4 bullets and on their screen nothing registered. When the connection is good; like when you're host for example - things run a lot smoother and the game is a lot of fun. The connection, from my personal experience is about 60% good and 40% bad so at least its tolerable, right? Wrong. The Call of Duty mutiplayer community is the worst community of any multiplayer game. Ever. You start to kill people so they sit in corners to wait for you. You get a high killstreak, the dashboard the game (if they're host, the game ends and if they're not, you have no one to play against). They use the most annoying perks to intentionally slow down the game and it becomes very stale and repetitive. I'm an above average CoD player with around a 3.5 K/D and a 2.5 W/L playing completely solo (on Black Ops 2) and I'm done with the game pretty much.

It's funny, in Modern Warfare 2 - my first CoD game - I have 16 days played, with 10 prestiges completed. Black Ops 2 is 9 days played with 15 prestiges completed. Modern Warfare 3 is 4 days played with 9 prestiges completed. Black Ops 2? 2 days played with 0 prestiges completed. That pretty much says it - and it's a recurring pattern with a lot of CoD players I know. Another thing that is odd about the game is that in MW2 I had a 1.95 K/D, BO1 - 2.75 K/D, MW3 - 3.1 K/D, BO2 - 3.5 K/D - it seems the "better" you get at CoD, the more frustrating it gets. Honestly, I would not recommend this game just because the community - at least the vast majority - are immature as hell and need to grow up.

Edit: Will I be getting Ghosts? Probably not. Even if I do, it'll be long after I've finished enjoying GTA V, Skyrim and The Last Of Us - which I don't forsee in the near future.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
I play Modern Warfare 2 a lot, I can't play the new ones (I'm terrible at them). The whole fan base in general is ridiculous.. I DO love to play it though even with the constant bickering. The problem with CoD now is that there's so many hackers, it's pretty much unplayable. (Well on MW2, I dont play MW3, BO1 or BO2)

TY

MW2 is one of the best games, and the only reason besides MW2 why i play CoD is cause of the Zombies mode of Treyarch's line of CoD games. I find the Zombies mode fairly addicting

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
A new CoD: Ghosts single-player campaign trailer was released a few days ago, which shows us the player (along with the US army) being taken into space to battle against a group of foes. Click here if you wanna see it!

So, what are your thoughts on this, guys? Are you going to enjoy fighting in the outer space? Do you think that the space should be featured in multiplayer, too, or should it should remain exclusive to the story mode?

TY

Oh god... I dunno how this will work out in multiplayer, since low gravity can be abused in so many ways that it becomes sort of imbalanced. I think it should stay in single player cause i can see the hate for a multiplayer map like this coming

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I remember reading an article somewhere that stated that sniper rifles had been heavily modified in Ghosts, and they would function a lot differently than in previous Call of Duty games. Along with all of these changes, the quick-scoping ability might have been removed as well. How do you all feel about this? It was fun to be able to quick-scope with my snipers, but I wasn't very good at it. So personally, this isn't going to affect me all that much. This will finally force people to use their snipers like the way they were meant to be used in the first place—slow and steady. d:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I'm super hyped about the newest Call of Duty game, Call of Duty Ghosts. It release in about two weeks and it can not get here quick enough! When Ghosts coms out, I will be pulling many overnighters. When BLOPS 2 came out I had a gaming fest that lasted about 36 horus straight. lol

I personally enjoy the Call of duty games. Yes they get a lot of crap from people, but I personally think that the franchise is one of theb est in the gaming world. Activision can produce games year after year that sell the most and are played by more fnas than almost any of gaming franchise. My favorite Call of duty game is probably Modern Warfare 3. I started playing competitively in COD: WAW then stopped playing. When MW3 came out, I started playing a lot again. MW2 would probably be my third favorite after WAW. I play it both competitively and for fun; nowadays I mostly play the games for fun. I haven't played them in a while seeing as the shooting genre of games is my worst genre competitively. My KD ratio for BLOPS 2 and MW3 was under 1 because I mainly ran around in Kill Confirmed a bunch and let my little brother play on my account. My favorite weapon types are SMGs. My least favorite would probably be BLOPS, I just really didn't like them that much. The story was good, but I didn't like the look of the game and the online multiplayer wasn't as fun.

Years
Since Ghosts is on it's way I thought it would be nice to start talking about it, discussing features within the game.

Multiplayer is gonna be quite different this year. Well, the actual gameplay will still be familiar but things such as Squads being introduced, 20 new killstreaks, Clan Wars and all the other stuff. What are you guys thoughts?

Squads vs Bots looks like something people will enjoy, unless the they mess the bots up. It's always nice to be able to do something on multiplayer without all the kids being annoying.

I'm gonna show what's on the CoD website about the new Squad game modes:

Wargame
Spoiler:

Squad Assault
Spoiler:

Squad vs Squad
Spoiler:

Safeguard
Spoiler:

And I also wanted to know what you guys think about Extinction:
Spoiler:

TY

I remember reading an article somewhere that stated that sniper rifles had been heavily modified in Ghosts, and they would function a lot differently than in previous Call of Duty games. Along with all of these changes, the quick-scoping ability might have been removed as well. How do you all feel about this? It was fun to be able to quick-scope with my snipers, but I wasn't very good at it. So personally, this isn't going to affect me all that much. This will finally force people to use their snipers like the way they were meant to be used in the first place—slow and steady. d:

I was so hoping for this... No more quickscope lobbies where i get randomly invited to and people getting mad at me for using a sniper as it should be...

Back