• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon RUBY - Copyright Intro Tutorial

If You Are Using This Tutorial, Was It Helpful And Easy To Understand?

• Total voters

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
RUBY - Copyright Intro Tutorial [Clean w/Downloads]

*Credit For TileMap Offset Goes To Knizz*
*Credit For Helping My Mind Along Goes To Full Metal*

Programs Used In This Tutorial:

- CyclonePrototype - unLZ-GBA - Hexecute RC7 - Paint

Let's Begin, Shall We?

~+~ 1

To start off you will need to create a TileSet in Paint

Open Paint, and a good set of attributes are 128x128 pixels

Copyright_Screen_Pt_1_by_SeeTheMasterPlay.jpg

Now Begin To Paint, This Is Where Creativity Comes Into Play, Of Course Feel Free To Use Graphics From Your ROM If You'd Like To

~+~ 2

Now You Save Your TileSet as a 16-Color Bitmap.

Copyright_Screen_Pt_2_by_SeeTheMasterPlay.jpg

~+~ 3

Now you'll be creating a TileMap using CyclonePrototype

Open Cyclone and load the TileSet you've just created

Now Comes the time consuming portion of this process, you have to create the tilemap, one tile at a time, which is quite bothersome, but unfortunately a nessecity. You arrange your tiles into the pattern you would like for your Copyright Intro Screen.

Once you have completed the layout for how you would like your Copyright Screen, go to File>Save TileMap

+!+!+!+!+YOU MUST SAVE YOUR TILEMAP AS A .raw FILE+!+!+!+!+!+

Copyright_Screen_Pt_3_by_SeeTheMasterPlay.jpg

~+~ 4

Open unLZ-GBA and load your ROM

Once Compressed Data has been read, go to image number 1635, you may want to change the pallette using the "next pal" button, in order to double check for the correct image

Copyright_Screen_Pt_4_by_SeeTheMasterPlay.jpg

~+~ 5

Go To "Import" and change the file type to "All Files", now find your TileSet, the image you made at the beginning of this Tutorial

Copyright_Screen_Pt_5_by_SeeTheMasterPlay.jpg

~+~ 6

Once selected, go and click on "Write To ROM"

Select "Export Pallette" and "Automatically Fix Pointers", and change the "Image Offset" to 00716AAC (*THIS SPACE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE DEPENDING ON THE AMOUNT OF WORK YOU HAVE DONE IN YOUR HACK*) and click OK

You are now done with unLZ-GBA

Copyright_Screen_Pt_6_by_SeeTheMasterPlay.jpg

~+~ 7

Open Hexecute RC7 and open the .RAW file you saved as the TileMap for your Copyright Screen

Copyright_Screen_Pt_7_by_SeeTheMasterPlay.jpg

~+~ 8

This is the simplest part, hold the CTRL button, and press the letter A, now hold the CTRL button and press the letter C. (That Was Easy)

Copyright_Screen_Pt_8_by_SeeTheMasterPlay.jpg

~+~ 9

Now in Hexecute open up your ROM

Copyright_Screen_Pt_9_by_SeeTheMasterPlay.jpg

~+~ 10

Scroll down the the offset of E9CA40 and place your marker at the beginning of 0100 [Indicated In Screenshot]

Now hold CTRL and press the letter V

Copyright_Screen_Pt_10_by_SeeTheMasterPlay.jpg

~+~ 11

Go TO File>Save

And go Test Your ROM
Copyright_Screen_Pt_11_by_SeeTheMasterPlay.jpg

If done correctly you should have your Copyright Screen That You Designed

Download Section:

IPS Patch - To Install The Copyright Screen Shown In This Tutorial = CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE DUE TO MEGAUPLOAD GETTING SHOT DOWN

Tutorial - PNG Format (Right Click, Save File As)

ALL OTHER FORMATS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE DUE TO MEGAUPLOAD GETTING SHOT DOWN

I hope you all enjoy my tutorial, and that it was put to good use!

Last edited:

xGGxToiZ

>.//:SO HOT:\\.<
Years
Wow, finally, a nice tut for RUBY!
But I have a suggestion, instead of using Cyclone Prototype, try using NTME. You could create your .raw file much faster!

And to save some space, use Sphere to create your Tile set. It's compatible with NTME!
I think there's a tut for that somewhere. (I saw it on Youtube.)

Anyways, I love your tut! Too bad I don't hack Ruby anymore. :(

*Off-topic*: Yay! First reply ,then! :) Hehehe . .

Last edited:

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
Wow, finally, a nice tut for RUBY!
But I have a suggestion, instead of using Cyclone Prototype, try using NTME. You could create your .raw file much faster!

And to save some space, use Sphere to create your Tile set. It's compatible with NTME!
I think there's a tut for that somewhere. (I saw it on Youtube.)

Anyways, I love your tut! Too bad I don't hack Ruby anymore. :(

*Off-topic*: Yay! First Post!

I based the Tutorial on what I used, but it is true that you could use NTME. I've just been using Cyclone for so long that though it takes longer, I stopped caring about the length of time, plus it gives me more time to think on changes to the design instead of just finishing up quickly with a .raw that's only a little good, versus actually quite decent.

As for Sphere, I've never heard of it, which is why I've been using Paint.

Thank You!!! Maybe you should go back to hacking Ruby then? :D

*Technically, I was first post, you just replied to it >.>

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Please retake those screenshots to make the smaller and to remove the annoying editor in the background.
But thanks for mentioning me and making it more "beginner-friendly". ;)

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
Please retake those screenshots to make the smaller and to remove the annoying editor in the background.
But thanks for mentioning me and making it more "beginner-friendly". ;)

Eh, I'll get around to it eventually, and do you mean the notepad?

Of course, making it friendly was simple, and I made it simple so it's friendly. An easy hex conversion for people who don't know how to. xD

Of course! I give credit where credit is due!

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
thnx ill have to keep this in mind when hacking ruby
:D

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
what if you don't want to change the image just add your name to the copyrights

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
what if you don't want to change the image just add your name to the copyrights

Well, depends, if you want to do it the easy way, which by the way is frowned upon, you can just edit the original image, by opening it up in paint, and erasing a line, and then replacing the line with your name. And then reinsert the image into the ROM with unlz. It should still be smaller than the original so you shouldn't have to rewrite it.

Again, I repeat that I frown upon that, as well as a large part of the community (at least as far as I have been able to tell).

The other way, is also simple, follow this tutorial like you would normally do, only keep the original image, but you open it in paint, move the lines in it so that when you open the pic in Cyclone that it can be read, and add an extra line with you name in it to the pic. Change the raw, so it looks the same and add in your liens with your name.

The second way is more favorable by the community (again, as far as I have seen).

Years
I can't load CyclonePrototype. It said I needed fm20.dll, which I downloaded and placed in my CyclonePrototype folder. It now says "System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770)".

What does that mean and how do I get past it?

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
I can't load CyclonePrototype. It said I needed fm20.dll, which I downloaded and placed in my CyclonePrototype folder. It now says "System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770)".

What does that mean and how do I get past it?

Which version of Windows are you using?

I have never seen these issues, and I am running Windows XP

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
You can also use PTC... In my opinion PTC does it better in every way.
I honestly have no idea what PTC even is, I've been using the same tools for the last year, and some of them for longer.

This is a basic tutorial, and most of the programs can be replaced by others for common use. This was how I did it, and it was something I thought other people would like to know how to do.

Back