• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Epic

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Region name or Team name for Nexus? I think it's good for a Team name.

Region...hmm I'll think.

Acecaldwell01

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2019
Nobody is posting?????? Come on guys!! The thread needs to be the first thread on the top of the list so ppl will join. Most hacks never get finished and i am DETERMINED to get this! Lets go team epic! (Lol u like my little pep post dont u? ;) )

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2013
Region name could be "Aeotia" with the "A" silent or not it's up to you guys just some thoughts on it... And i do agree with CREAMPUFF about the pokemon league/8 badges needing to be a bit "bigger in the stroyline" my suggestion on that is make the pokemon league like a battle competition where random NPCs can view and watch your matches etc.. sort of like the pokemon contest in ruby/sapphire except no one will be voting on the winner you can also do this with the gym leaders some of them if not all since in most of the pokemon seasons ash battles a gym leader in front of a crowd big or small, also notice no other ROM hackers have tried to do this for a ROM Hack(If they have then i have not played that rom lol).

IF you have anymore room for storyliners or just for people with ideas etc i would like to join if not then that's fine. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Sorry about the Dee-lay, but I'm switching accounts soon so I'll try to make this quick:

We could use your ideas windjungj, but we are looking for people who MAKE those ideas come alive xD. I'm also getting a lot more busy, and I'd really think SOMEONE should join our team. xD looks like JNathan, Nintendork, Fenne-kun have kept out of touch... so I'd really think Ace should start some progress, so that people would try joining...

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2013
Sorry about the Dee-lay, but I'm switching accounts soon so I'll try to make this quick:

We could use your ideas windjungj, but we are looking for people who MAKE those ideas come alive xD. I'm also getting a lot more busy, and I'd really think SOMEONE should join our team. xD looks like JNathan, Nintendork, Fenne-kun have kept out of touch... so I'd really think Ace should start some progress, so that people would try joining...

Yeah i understand well i'm here if you guys want anymore ideas!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
I am a good mapper however i think it would prove useful to have an assistant mapper (I am a perfectionist so each map i do takes time...)

I will give you some consept maps as soon as i can and see which ones you would like to add into your story.

honestly i couldent be a mapper because i know knothing about warps and certin aspects needed to map. (in retrospect, im not a good mapper)

i am best at scripting and would perfer to do that insted however i use pokescript which is outdated.

for scripting i would need a dialog of what you want me to script (kinda like a play script) and a place of where i should insert it. (this could possibly be the work of JNathan or me)

there are much better mappers out there than me but not alot of scripters. BTW: I belive a rom can use BOTH xse and pokescript as when compiled, they are converted into assembly code and what not.

Last edited:

Ride The Yoshi

~ Diversity is the key ~
Years
I guess I'll give this a shot...

Skill(s): Mapper
Proof of Work: None as of yet. (Sorry! xP)
Experience: About six months of working on my own personal hacks.
Are you on any other teams: Nope ~

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Yes. Someone has posted. WE NEED GUYZZZZ! Ride The Yoshi accepted, right Ace? Pepster, scripts are stored in the ROM as hexadecimal units, what Pokéscript and XSE do is simply decompile them in simpler language, while the commands are different. A Pokéscript script can be seen and edited in XSE with no problem. It is not that hard to script, you can start off in this awesome tutorial. Mapping is not as easy as it looks. Most people just cobble together a few trees, ledges and wild grass and thinks it looks perfect. Actually there's so much more into mapping. You have to get your style defined right, and not make it look square, double-check for errors, give sufficient flowers etc. You both do your best and we may just have great prospective maps! Although, IT'D BE NICE IF ONE OF THEM TILERS SHOWED UP. Yeah, what's a cool custom game without tiles?

I'm gonna skip the report today, yada yada yada...

Ride The Yoshi

~ Diversity is the key ~
Years
Sweet! Thanks for accepting me, you won't be sorry. I'm working on some maps right now which I'll attach in a PM to the owner of the team once I'm finished.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Quick update here:

This is my new account guys! I'm Creampuff, if you didn't know. You'll have to get used to me, shouting out co-leader commands. I think we can really start off now, Ace, because we got new people. Incisor is accepted too!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Hoenn, did you keep in touch with Fenne-kun? He isn't online at the moment.

Ride The Yoshi

~ Diversity is the key ~
Years
Alrighty, I've started working on two potential maps. If someone could give me a theme you'd like to be implemented, that would be awesome. :3

As far as the storyline goes, why not give the player an opportunity to join the region's evil team? It may not be a simple thing to script, but it could also be used as a side quest.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
The current undecided storyline sees the player create his own evil team. I don't know if this is easy to script though.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
I honestly cant see the protagonist being evil (probably turn players off) however it could easily be done. using a set of "flags" in the script to check if the player took the normal path or the evil path could change the whole story, events and how people react to you... a good idea would have a good ending and a bad ending... This whole thing will be ALOT of work I suggest you keep the player innocent as nobody wants to play as some team rocket like villan unless there is some choice with later consequence. if you make him evil for the main storyline pokemon fans are not going to want to play.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Well he become evil but i think he have the choice between good and evil at some point. I don't remember though.

Back