• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I'm trying to transalte an hack. I want to transalte this test:

But when i search it on advance text there are some weird "thing" before the test.

Why?

Advanced Text is VERY buggy and unreliable.

I would recommend just opening the script up with XSE from advanced map and editing it from there.

However even that process is not 100% correct.

Make a while new script and complite it, use that offset in place of the offset you are trying to replace.

Does that make sence?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I'm trying to transalte an hack. I want to transalte this test:

But when i search it on advance text there are some weird "thing" before the test.

Why?
The simplest thing to do is open up XSE for your script, click on the decompile button in the top right, translate the text, then click compile again. Just make sure the translated message isn't bigger than the original text!

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
So I got a little test map of Pallet Town going and everything is working so far, but for some reason whenever I walk downwards towards a tile that you can't walk on, a white and green flashing arrow appears. I think it may be related to movement permissions, but I'm not sure; it doesn't make any difference to the actual gameplay but it's annoying. Any suggestions as to how I can remove it?

If it helps, I used the following movement permissions in AM: "C" for the places you can walk, "1" for where you cannot, and "4" for where you can surf.

I think I know the issue, but can I see a screen shot to confirm?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I can't post images yet, but here are the links:

oi39 dot tinypic dot com/2nu2fqd dot jpg

oi44 dot tinypic dot com/14cwjg0 dot jpg

That's just because the tile has an attribute of warp down of hero. So in the tiles editor in A-map 1.92 fix it.

CRaTeR

Emperor of Aragon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 21, 2015
I tried searching the thread, but "TM" didn't get any results.

Is it possible to create a new TM using just the Item Manager or another Item Tool, or do I need to use a hex editor?

GoGoJJTech

Years
I tried searching the thread, but "TM" didn't get any results.

Is it possible to create a new TM using just the Item Manager or another Item Tool, or do I need to use a hex editor?

You must create ASM routines, use a save block hack, expand the bag's length, Expand all pokemon moveset compatibility to include for the new TMs, etc.
I think you get the point

CRaTeR

Emperor of Aragon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 21, 2015
You must create ASM routines, use a save block hack, expand the bag's length, Expand all pokemon moveset compatibility to include for the new TMs, etc.
I think you get the point
Ah, gotcha. That's disappointing, but thanks for the quick answer.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Sorry, got another question...
Is there any sort of way I can create my own pokeball that I designed, mabe using unlz gba to design it or something like that, and if so how would I make it work? (Example: pokeball has ___chance catching pokémon. My pokeball has ???? Chance of catching)

GoGoJJTech

Years
Is there any sort of way I can create my own pokeball that I designed, mabe using unlz gba to design it or something like that, and if so how would I make it work? (Example: pokeball has ___chance catching pokémon. My pokeball has ???? Chance of catching)

You would need to expand item table, item image table, item effect table, add the image, pal, maybe custom ASM so it can function, all that Jazz.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024

I'm currently researching ball hacking myself. this post by JPAN explains how to make a ball with a predefined catchrate.This post explains how to create items themselves. With some asm knowledge, you can create balls with a variable rate. What I am trying to figure out is the throwing animation.

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Hmm, got a question here.

How do I create custom evolution stones? I know Jambo51 has this ASM hack on it, but I really need it for my hack. Does anybody else here know how?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
how do u hack :/ habitats data of pokedex in firered ? i.e what if i want a pokemon to appear in rare ?

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
This is mostly curiosity for now but there's any patch to "turn off" the capitial letters from pokemon names and stufs in GBA roms? and maybe for DS rom too?
(I mean Pokedex but instead of " PIKACHU" be "Pikachu" , I saw some hackings this way but not sure if they do everything manually)

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Does anyone get how the 1F, 2F, 3F appear in Silph Co, it cant be a map script but is it the 07 ??? option? Is there any tuts on this?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Advance map, wild data tab for that map. There will be a table. The first slot is the most common, the last slot is the rarest.
no i meant like in firered pokedex there is a pokemon habitats menu such as grassland pokemon , mountain pokemon etc how do u change that which pokemon appear in grassland which appear in rough-terrian etc ?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back