• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Gem Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Gem Workshop
By agentgeo​

The next tool for hacking the 4th generation (and hopefully beyond) has arrived!

I present to you "Gem Workshop," a tool designed with the ability to edit everything in mind.

Currently, the only supported games are:
  • Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
  • Pokemon Platinum
HeartGold and SoulSilver should be easy enough to add once I figure out the files.

Features
The following features have been implemented to date:
  • Map Editing (mostly)
  • Header Editing
  • Text Editing
  • Script Viewing (working on compiling...)
  • Pokemon Editing (Base Stats., Evolutions, etc.)
  • Pokedex Order Editing
  • Trainer Editing
  • Wild Pokemon Editing
  • Growth Table Editing
It should be noted that these are not perfect, as the tool is still being developed.

Screens
Spoiler:

Source Code?
In case you were wondering, I do plan on making this completely open source.
So, once I get the repository sorted out, I will be posting the link to it here.

Official Releases
Not yet!

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Oh wow, another Generation IV editing tool! This will also be handy for anyone who is looking into editing any Generation IV Pokémon game.

I'm looking forward to the first release of Gem Workshop, this will open the doors to any Generation IV hacks, which I'm glad and grateful that MKDS Course Modifier has an excellent NSBMD model viewer, it surely has helped with so many Nitro projects across the web. :)

By the looks of it, this will be a great tool. Best of luck to ya. ^^

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2024
Wow! This is better than the other two tools. I hope you guys get together and make the best 4th/5th gen tools. Best of luck. I also can't wait to see someone recreate Litteroot Town with the music and the scripts. That would be awesome! I can't wait to relive the moment of Pokemon hacks exploding all over the web again. We are right in the beginning of it all.... again!

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Update
Well, not really. I just wanted to say that I was unhappy where this was going, so I am currently re-coding everything.

But, just to show people I am working, I have a little screen for you:
treditorpreview.png

It's the trainer editor! :)

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
If I might suggest, Git is an excellent repository platform that (once learned) can be very powerful. It can also just serve as a basic upload/download repository. For hosting, I'd recommend GitHub.

Once you get the source up I'd be happy to begin porting to Mono, which I did before to NSE 2.x. Otherwise, great tool, looks extremely promising.

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
This looks very nice! I see Diamond/Pearl are supported, does this mean Platinum will be supported as well?

Anyway, looking forward to the first release.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Thanks for the support guys!

Just wanted to show you all some progress.

I've been working on re-doing the map editor, and here's what I have so far:
Spoiler:

Let me know what you think!

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
This seems great! I hope we get to see an official release soon because what I've seen so far seems great. It's also good to know that I can now edit everything in English; I've been editing in Italian (Which I don't even speak) because some of the tools I have aren't in English.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to an official release of this now.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2017
Looks very nice. I guess I'll get into 4th gen hacking once this will be released.

chillj

Not active anymore.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2022
This looks awesome! This alone could bring Gen. 4 hacking to the mainstream.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Cool
i dont know which is better yours or spiky pichus
Anyway great job

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
This looks awesome! I really hope you can get Heart Gold and Soul Silver working for the first official release! Super excited for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back