• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best way to catch Entei(Fire Red)

Oscuridad

Raikou owns!
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2009
Okay, I am trying to catch Entei with ultraballs, but it seems impossible as he always uses roar. Is there any way to stop it from using roar? I know putting it to sleep might work, but I don't have a pokemon with mean look, and the other trapping moves and moves that put pokemon to sleep... Anyone know a good strategy to catch entei without using a Masterball?

Last edited:

Im not a noob

Read my name, BECAUSE I'M NOT!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Hell
  • Seen Aug 20, 2007
Okay, I am trying to catch Entei with ultraballs, but it seems impossible as he always uses roar. Is there any way to stop it from using roar? I know putting it to sleep might work, but I don't a pokemon with mean look, and the other trapping moves and moves that put pokemon to sleep... Anyone know a good strategy to catch entei without using a Masterball?

Technically, there is no way to stop it from using roar, but there is a way to prevent roar from working(^^). Put a pokémon with the ability 'Soundproof' at the front of your party then put it to sleep by whatever means necessary

Pokémon with ability 'Soundproof': Voltorb, Electrode, Mr. Mime, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud

Oscuridad

Raikou owns!
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2009
Thank you! I was thinking about sound proof, but I thought it was a dumb idea, so I just dropped the idea. I have one more ?: Why does roar fail sometimes?

Im not a noob

Read my name, BECAUSE I'M NOT!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Hell
  • Seen Aug 20, 2007
Thank you! I was thinking about sound proof, but I thought it was a dumb idea, so I just dropped the idea. I have one more ?: Why does roar fail sometimes?

Sometimes the pokémon isn't affected by roar or the attack misses. Usually when it misses it'll just say 'The attack failed'.

Oscuridad

Raikou owns!
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2009
Okay, thanks everyone. This thread can now be closed.
I caught entei yesterday. :)

Back