• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you have expectations for this generation?

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
That would make me laugh! I think that stuff gives the games character.

You seem like you're going to be disappointed no matter what, to be honest.

How is making fun of French people funny?

And I'm not that disappointed with what has been released so far, other than those Fairies. I just want to be proven wrong with all of my negative expectations...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I expect:
-Swampert and Sceptile to receive Mega Evolutions, since Blaziken has one.
--Even better, I'd prefer it if all fully-evolved starter Pokemon receive Mega Evolutions

-Unless Super Training does something to make this unnecessary, I'd like it if Sceptile's Attack and Special Attack base stats to switch values, so it can be more of a physical fighter and Leaf Blade can be more powerful.

-Blastoise to be re-typed as Water/Steel; Serperior to be re-typed as Grass/Dragon; and Samurott to be re-typed as Water/Fighting

-EV training to be much easier
-the Stats Judge/"IV Man" to return, preferably near the Day Care. Even better if he tells you your Pokemon's specific IVs, since EVs are all out in the open now (moreso than in the past)
-Poke Marts to stay inside/combined with Pokemon Centers, although this seems unlikely now :(
-Battle Clubs to exist in Kalos, where Pokemon can undergo "Super Training"
-the Walking Pokemon/Follow-Me feature to return, even if limited to just starter Pokemon and Pikachu
-a classic 'third' version to exist that contains Xerneas, Yveltal, and the purported "Z" Pokemon
-Archie and Maxie playing chess in the park somewhere :P
-the rivals to be name-able, so that I can play with 'Serena' being "properly" known as Yvonne
-shiny Pokemon to be much easier to obtain, similar to or better than what B2W2 did
-a "Hidden Power" man to be introduced, specifically identifying a Pokemon's Hidden Power Type & Power value
-the return of Secret Bases
-the return of Poke Ball Seals (from Generation 4)
-Gym Leaders and Elite 4 to be re-battleable with Pokemon that have VERY high levels, even up to and including Level 100 Pokemon after a certain number of rematches
-a cool battling facility (probably Emerald-like Battle Tower)
-Move Tutors that can repeatedly tutor each and every move that has been "tutor-able" since FireRed/LeafGreen
-Zekrom to learn either Drill Liner (fitting its drill-looking tail) or Earthquake
-Berries to be available plentiful in-game, with either a greenhouse/Berry Master garden/Berry Pot where you can grow them in
-Ribbons to be awarded for more feats, while recognizing the Ribbons from past generations
-Breeding to be made easier (either how it exists in B2W2 or an improvement of B2W2)
-Raichu's Mega Evolution to receive the Electric/Fairy typing
-Pikachu to be able to learn Surf by level-up :P
-I *was* hoping for all Pokemon/Formes/Mega Evolutions to be available in-game in some way, but the restriction of Blazikenite dashes my hopes... :(
-a Sound Test person in wherever Game Freak cameos in this game, so that you can listen to all of the game's tracks whenever you want
-a PokeDex that allows you to select whichever 3D model you want (including Formes/variations) for each Pokemon
-Alomomola and Emolga somehow being retconned as evolutions of Luvdisc and Pachirisu, respectively (that, or Luvdisc receives a Mega Evolution; it NEEDS one)
-Dunsparce receiving a Mega Evolution
-Team Flare to have a hidden agenda aside from just "making money"
-Team Flare's leader being female
-Professor Sycamore being the Champion, hearkening back to the beta Prof. Oak data of Generation 1
-the introduction of a Dark-type Gym
-Ampharos being able to learn Tail Glow
-Victini being able to learn V-Create by level-up
-Entei and Flareon being able to learn Flare Blitz by level-up
-all the suckish TMs from Generation 5 being replaced with GOOD TMs
-HMs AND TMs being re-usable like in Generation 5
-Liechi Berry and similar unobtainable-in-game Berries from Generation 3 being more readily available in-game
-the Apricorn Balls being obtainable/usable in-game....sheesh, just have some random Johto-native salesman import them from Kurt and sell them in Kalos! It's not that hard; don't have them being restricted to the Pokemon summary screen like in Generation 5! One of the most glaring and nonsensical omissions from Generation 5.
-Multiple Amulet Coins being actively held in battle should have stackable effects
-PP Ups and PP Maxes should be MUCH easier to obtain, at least like a Battle-Point-purchasable battling facility prize or something
-Abilities to be customizable for each Pokemon (as in, you can change them at will, rather than having to rely on whatever you get when the Pokemon's data is first generated)
-Hit Point (HP)-boosting and HP-reducing Natures to be added
-awesome new overworld, battle, and miscellaneous/other music, as well as cool potential remixes
-some respectable female Trainer(s?) to be wearing a pretty "French maid" outfit
-Kalos-native Fairy-type Pokemon (aside from Xerneas) that aren't pink
-Xerneas to hopefully be revealed as Fairy/Ground, Fairy/Grass, or Fairy/Steel, rather than pure, plain-old monotype Fairy.
-The two "Sonic Boom"-esque moves, 'SonicBoom' (the 20-HP suckish one) and 'Boomburst' (the cool one) to switch names at some point (similar to how Frenzy Plant temporarily/inadvertently got renamed as 'Solid Plant' in Pokemon Colosseum).
-'Techno Blast' to be renamed to the much cooler name of 'Techno Buster', due to the expanded character limit.

I just hope that we could be able to compete in contest again and could be able to plant Berries and make Poffin/Pokeblocks like in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and in Pearl/Diamond/Platinum.

THIS, THIS, THIS. Mainly, although I miss Contests and would love to make Pokeblocks again, I'm more concerned with Berries being available in-game. It was nonsensical that you couldn't grow Berries in-game (AFAIK) in Generation 5, despite the DS having a perfectly functional clock. DPPt had Berry Plots, and HG/SS even made a portable Berry Pot to save space for Apricorn trees. It's just stupid how "advanced" 2010/2012 DS games (Black, White, Black 2/White 2) fail to do what 2003/2005 Game Boy Advance (Ruby, Sapphire; Emerald) games were able to achieve. Berries are arguably a vital part of Pokemon battling (especially Liechi Berry and its stat-upping-in-a-pinch brethren, as the Hoenn Battle Frontier can easily attest to/demonstrate) and EV training; I shouldn't have to go online just to grow them. -_-

Uh oh. I had another bad expectations.

French cliches. We'll have rude men with black and white stripes shirts and berets that eat cheese and walk poodles a.k.a Swirlexs.

That would make me very sad D:

That would make me laugh! I think that stuff gives the games character.

I probably would laugh if I saw this in-game; what jellotime91 said. XD

And every trainer who you begin to beat will surrender!

I would love it if at least one Trainer did this. XD Additionally, it would be funny if at least one Trainer battle is specially coded so that you can actually choose to run away, and upon doing so, your opponent says something like "What the-?/Excusez-moi? I thought that was (le) impossible!" or something similar.

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I fully expect Nidoran and co. not to be in this game, and if they are, far too late in the game for me to care because whoever makes these games doesn't want my money.

I'll play with all new Pokemon otherwise, I really don't care, but no Nidos, no sale. Not like one non-buyer's gonna make a difference. It sucks cause I'm in a hotspot for this game, and almost everyone I know is gonna get it. I'm just really, really really apathetic about the franchise. Apathy's worse than disliking it, honestly. At least I'd feel something, and would be quicker to change my mind about stuff. :(

There looks like there's a lot of good ideas in X and Y, finally, but yeah, I'm too burned out. Nidoran would help in that at the least it would give me incentive to try out some of the new stuff like Pokemon-amie. I have many other favorite Pokemon, but even combined, none of them have the same pull as Nido F. and 'Rina. Kinda sad, really.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I hope they take some of the best elements of the series and put it in to one game. I expect a fleshed out region and well-designed pokémon, as from the designs shown so far (not including the disastrous Mega Evolutions and the cotton candy pokémon) they are a improvement over the awful, awful ones Gen 5 had to offer.

I also would expect them to have a basic story and the evil team to be only wanting to take over the Kalos region as always.

EXCUSE ME?! awful?! okay there are some gen5 who looked horrible i agree...but not all of them! I dislike the idea of mega-evos but the designs are decent. And kalos is based on france so i think it'll be a colorful place with rainbows and sh*t.

And team flare or whatever is only there to make money. that is like they took team rocket and the slowpoke tails story and made it completely......THE SMAE. just stupider, with more awful grunts (because dude-orange suits?), annoying goals, BUT with below-average pokemon (YES im talking about houndoom). Because team rocket atleast had some big-ass goal of taking over the world and the twist that giovannie was the 8th gym leader, i gotta say it surprised me.
I'm guessing their boss owns a....circus? based off of their looks.

NOW for my expectetions:

*Team flare would suck (as mentioned above), and they are using fire types, which makes my choice of Froakie even more thrilling.
*Sylveon will be the only eeveelution we get this games (NOT this gen, because we all know GF loves sequels, alternates or remakes)
*There will be an eeveelution dragon type to balance the type chart 9And of course to make sylveon not that gay-looking)
*The counterpart will get the advantege pokemon, One of the rivals will get the disadventage, one will have the same pokemon as you choose.
Proffesor Sycamore WILL be awsome (they make the proffesor younger than juniper...GEN VII will have a toddler with a dex in his mouth??)

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
How is making fun of French people funny?

And I'm not that disappointed with what has been released so far, other than those Fairies. I just want to be proven wrong with all of my negative expectations...

Oh come on. Berets, mimes, etc. are an established part of French and Parisienne culture. It's an homage. Look at the beautiful artwork they've done to represent the structure of Paris.

Every Pokemon game has had cocky, jerkish characters. I don't see why they wouldn't include those kind of characters just because the region is based on France.

I think your expectations are a little lofty, though. And you just seem to have a very negative attitude about the whole thing. I would say let's just approach this generation with optimism, and appreciate all of the good things that they are doing. Look at all the awesome new features they've already introduced! Who knows what else is coming!

There is too much good happening in Gen 6 to focus on the bad stuff.

I fully expect Nidoran and co. not to be in this game, and if they are, far too late in the game for me to care because whoever makes these games doesn't want my money.

I'll play with all new Pokemon otherwise, I really don't care, but no Nidos, no sale. Not like one non-buyer's gonna make a difference. It sucks cause I'm in a hotspot for this game, and almost everyone I know is gonna get it. I'm just really, really really apathetic about the franchise. Apathy's worse than disliking it, honestly. At least I'd feel something, and would be quicker to change my mind about stuff. :(

There looks like there's a lot of good ideas in X and Y, finally, but yeah, I'm too burned out. Nidoran would help in that at the least it would give me incentive to try out some of the new stuff like Pokemon-amie. I have many other favorite Pokemon, but even combined, none of them have the same pull as Nido F. and 'Rina. Kinda sad, really.

One of the great things about X & Y is that you'll be able to trade for a specific Pokemon without having seen it before in-game. So, as soon as you finish that first gym, you'll be able to get your Nidorina.

I can't believe you would skip this gen just because they probably won't have Nidorina in the wild. It seems like you don't even like the games in that case, you just like Nidorina a lot. lol

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
I think your expectations are a little lofty, though. And you just seem to have a very negative attitude about the whole thing. I would say let's just approach this generation with optimism, and appreciate all of the good things that they are doing. Look at all the awesome new features they've already introduced! Who knows what else is coming!

There is too much good happening in Gen 6 to focus on the bad stuff.

Some people aren't so optimistic and accepting you know. Not all of these features are that amazing to me. I'll like/dislike them when I actually know what the heck most of this stuff really is. Oh mega evolutions! Should I automatically love them even though I've never used one and most of the information about them is not all released? Oh and new Pokémon! I can't just judge which ones I'm going to use on appearance.

And I only seem to be so negative on this one topic. You can't assume things about people from a few measly comments. I'm not that excited for this generation and you are. Big deal! I don't have a problem with that! I'm just hoping it isn't a disappointment because, as I believe I'm stated before, Generation 5 was and if it becomes a lot like it then I won't be very happy.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well the good thing about keeping one's expectations low is that the game will likely look better do to said expectations unless of course it meets those low expectations...
Maybe those of us with higher should lower them...I know I had high ones for Gen V...and it didn't turn out that well for me.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
One Expectation and it's not for the game.
It's for the game that accompanies it in the Generation (ie. something like Firered and Leafgreen or Heartgold and Soulsilver) maybe.... Hoenn Remakes? also a third game like pokemon z or something (something like platinum and emerald)

Another expectation not for the game itself.
the ability to buy use a cord given along with the game(in reality) that connects the original gameboy /gameboy colour games to the computer and transfer pokemon to lets say an official online service that converts it to gen6 files and is transfered to the gen6 games via pokemon global link. And you use a special ball (Old Ball, Timemachine ball, sorry we didn't create a link between Gen2 and 3 ball?) to catch it.

Oh and another one give kangakhan a preevolution and a male version. then give both a mega evolution. I heard they gave kangakhan a mega evolution with it's baby out of its pouch

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm expecting to see a lot of old Pokémon getting an evolution, especially from the third gen. I hope to see characters from previous games make a few appearances here and there, and I also hope that they keep the number of legendaries to a minimum. They've introduced a ridiculous amount of legendary Pokémon in generation five, and to me, it didn't feel like we needed any more legendaries after that. xD

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Of course I do! With the game being, how big was it? somewhere around 2 gigs?
and with 212 songs, I expect the region to be absolutely huge, or to have some sort of travel between regions. At least a portion of one.

Also, I heard somewhere that you can choose what battle music goes to your battle in PvP. I'm really, REALLY hoping that I can chose non pokemon x/y music from my SD card.

Clefairy isn't that much of a fairy either. It comes from space. Fairies don't come from space, what is wrong with you Game Freak?

Wasn't the theory that ALL pokemon came from space in a giant moon stone?

Last edited:

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
Expectations for generation 6?

Well, I'm actually just hoping it'll have the same compatibility with the previous generation that generation 5 had with 4.

But I'm really hoping that after X and Y, we get our Ruby/Sapphire remakes. I mean, we're 2 consoles ahead of that now (gba, DS, 3DS, like how Red/Blue were remade 2 consoles later, same with Gold/Silver) so we're about due, right?

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
Expectations for generation 6?

Well, I'm actually just hoping it'll have the same compatibility with the previous generation that generation 5 had with 4.

But I'm really hoping that after X and Y, we get our Ruby/Sapphire remakes. I mean, we're 2 consoles ahead of that now (gba, DS, 3DS, like how Red/Blue were remade 2 consoles later, same with Gold/Silver) so we're about due, right?
See, I hope we don't actually get any backwards compatibility. Sure it would be nice to push forward our old pokemon, but that also means all the hacked and illegitimate pokemon will be pushed forwards too.

Also, no backwards compatibility means more likelihood of Gen III remakes, and i'm all for that!

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
it would be nice to push forward our old pokemon, but that also means all the hacked and illegitimate pokemon will be pushed forwards too.

All the game would need to do is check the Pokémon and see if its stats, personality values, ability, moves, obtained locations etc actually match what would be normal for a Pokémon of that species.

But maybe you're right. Maybe we do need a fresh start. So many changes are already in progress for the new games that it wouldn't be too surprising that there would be incompatibilities. And that would give more reason to remake Hoenn afterwards, yes.

I just hope 6 isn't the last of the generations to ever appear.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I'm expecting to see a lot of old Pokémon getting an evolution, especially from the third gen. I hope to see characters from previous games make a few appearances here and there, and I also hope that they keep the number of legendaries to a minimum. They've introduced a ridiculous amount of legendary Pokémon in generation five, and to me, it didn't feel like we needed any more legendaries after that. xD

Honestly, I'm expecting for there to be no more evolutions. Instead, they'll just add a bunch of megas. I also highly doubt the inclusion of backwards compatability.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Mawile is based off of a mythical Japanese fairy-like creature so it's a fine fairy type. And some of you are saying some stuff about the rivals that can be REALLY offensive to other people and besides, for Tierno, it's a nice change we don't get the typical "hot and thin" characters. We need diversity too you know! *Icecold* and elgyem are being a bit too harsh IMO.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
I don't have many expectations only two of them.

Sky battles are all cool and all but now that I find out that the game is based on Norse Mythology as in the Tree of Life it'll be only logical for me to expect with great deal that there must be free roam in the Sky otherwise Gamefreak made a dumb move. If the region isn't located on a big fancy penguin rainbow tree in the middle of shooting wats of nowhere where space cats are floating around then I could understand. Ah, whatever I could always wait for the next Pokémon Ranger game if i want it so badly.

Next one is the weather system. It has been dull for many generations now, I'd expect the weather system to be more advanced by now. Day/Night/Rain isn't going to cut it for me and the season changes aren't really an excuse either. What I'm expecting are natural disasters, okay this is a bit over the top but something like lightning strikes hitting the fan and you **** bricks when that happens could be awesome with Pokémons involved who possess that kind of power some unknown Boss lightning Pokémon who uses Lightning as second nature perhaps? /Random thought.
Tornados or even vulcano erruptions could be awesome to see as well. Other then that random weather changes all over the maps other then Rain is what I expect the most. Fog, Hail, Wind Blows, Snow or even mixes. You know, that kind of stuff. But that should also effect the maps where normally the Pokémons are located; one of these element could change the Pokémon on the currently on the map to different one. That was the case with Day and Night times in the 2nd generation so I'd expect them to change it a little to this sorta likin', um.. Realistic weather, yeah that's the right sentence i'm looking for.

Oh, Ruri (Yancy) is my waifu, Gamefreak better bring her back......Or else.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Some people aren't so optimistic and accepting you know. Not all of these features are that amazing to me. I'll like/dislike them when I actually know what the heck most of this stuff really is. Oh mega evolutions! Should I automatically love them even though I've never used one and most of the information about them is not all released? Oh and new Pokémon! I can't just judge which ones I'm going to use on appearance.

And I only seem to be so negative on this one topic. You can't assume things about people from a few measly comments. I'm not that excited for this generation and you are. Big deal! I don't have a problem with that! I'm just hoping it isn't a disappointment because, as I believe I'm stated before, Generation 5 was and if it becomes a lot like it then I won't be very happy.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to make a judgement about you as a person. I was just suggesting you lighten up a bit in regards to this specific instance. It seems like you are simply more willing to see something in relation to X&Y as negative, rather than positive.

There are so many awesome new features coming! PSS, Super Training, Pokemon-Amie, new trading mechanics (trade for Pokemon you haven't seen before), all of the awesome new Pokemon that have been announced, Social network integration (I, for one, am excited to take cute pictures with Photo Spots and share them on Facebook!), Sky Battles, Hordes, Fairy-type, and a bunch of other stuff I've already forgotten. Never mind how awesome the games look!

My expectations have been completely blown out of the water already! Looking at what Gamefreak has been doing for the past few generations, they didn't really change much between R/S/E - to - B/W in terms of the game's mechanics. Sure there were a bunch of new battle styles, online trading, etc... But X & Y look like they are going to bring a HUGE update to the series!

Back