• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foreshadows of Hoenn [M][OOC]

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
What about Pokemon found in other regions as well? Like Snorunt and Glalie or the Gardevior line? Will they still be known by the attacking humans?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@StinkomanFan: Yes, they will be known, only the Hoenn exclusive Pokemon will be unknown to the humans. And of course humans will be unknown to the all the Pokemon that have lived in this region d:

@Fenne-kun: There's still plenty of time to go before we start, we still need a lot of RPers to finish their sign ups (also, HUMANS! AND THEIR LEADER!)

Years
  • Seen today
Finally got my SU done!

Name:Shadow NorBorn
Sex: Male
Species: Umbreon

Tribe: Ruber Tribe

Appearance:
he looks like a normal Umbreon but his rings glow an icy blue in the moon's light. his eyes are red like a normal Umbreon. he is well built and his muscles are slightly more defined than most. he has a small scar over his right eye from surviving a battle with a human private

Personality: He is mostly quiet, an Umbreon of action, he wants to unite all pokemon against the Human Republic. although he is young he is a great strategist and can almost instinctively make decisive decisions that give his group the tactical advantages. He is serious most of the time, almost business like. he is quick and quiet when it comes to work. he is rather reserved so very few ever know much about him... he doesn't break under pressure, nor is he phased by most things.

History (sent)

Moves: Confuse Ray, Dark pulse, Shadow ball, Hyper beam, Ice fang.

Profession: strike team leader

Other: Those of the Ruber Tribe hardly call Shadow by his name, they prefer to call him, "(The) Son of The North Wind" or "(The) Son of Suicune." In the moon's light he becomes quicker and stronger.

Last edited:

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Sorry it took so long XD Here is part of my SU

Name: Aurora Cato

Sex: Female

Species: Dragonair

Tribe: Caerulus Tribe

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Spoiler:

History: *sent*

Moves: Twister, Ice Beam, Aqua Tail, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower.

Profession: Sage and Performer (Aurora can teach other Pokemon moves that she has learned, or seen, over the course of her life. She also loves to give singing performances to help distress her teammates.)

Other: Aurora has the known nicknames of "(The) Weather Goddess" or "(The) Weather's Wrath" depending on her mood.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Might as well post it already.

Name:
Lordus Rivendare
doesn't know. He looks around 30 and sounds even older.
Species: Haxorus
Tribe: Caelurus
Appearance:

Lordus is a tall Pokemon, standing at almost six feet. The tusks on the side of his head are longer and curvier, so much that their back tips almost touch each other. H
is tough, polished scales glows golden in the sun, but his claws are black instead of red; and agile, like his arms. His limbs have grown flexible from using weapons such as one handed swords and axes. A black linen bandage is tied tightly around his whole left arm, its two ends billowing behind him like a cape when he walks. Multiple black leather belts are fastened around his waist and one across his chest; each of them has sheaths that could carry the weapons he chooses to. His favorite weapons are two bastard swords with their hilts bound onto bracelets he wears on his wrists with long chains. These two swords are curvy edges made of stained steel and each have a ruby engraved above their hilts; they are ignited in blue and red flames when he uses his Dragon Claw move.

His eyes are deep dark blue, an unusual color for his species, and glow ominously in the dark. Sometimes, they darken, as if shadows quickly pass by them.

Personality:

Flesh and the present are all that matter to Lordus. He is a realist and an open atheist that denies the faith of Caelurus to Groudon, claiming he will first have a cup of wine with a god before he believes in him. As such, the afterlife and the plane of souls are matters of little importance to him; that is why he is quite blunt when it comes to slaughter. Lordus's savage nature has earned him a reputation for being a cruel and cold blooded killer, one that is ruthless and will use uncouth means to attain his goal - much like spiritual matters, honor means nothing to him. The desired outcome of a battle blesses all the ways used to make it a reality, he preaches. He does like killing, as he claims he was born to do just that. In the end, it all comes down to the hunter and the hunted, as he says. Apart, though, from the image he projects, he in fact is not cruel - he simply maintains his own views of life and death, simple as they are.

He is quite reticent; he doesn't speak often, but when he does, he is brutally blunt and straight to the point. Ofttimes his words are insulting but downright true - he speaks the cold, hard truth with no remorse or second thoughts. Whilst not fighting, he is rather mature and offers a good company to those he appreciates.

The most sacred trait he possesses is the unquestioned obedience he displays while serving the Tribe. If he is told to do a task, he will do it with no restraint or complaint; and he will see that it is done, one way or another and regardless of its impact on morals - morals are just more things he considers useless, although he does show what seems to be compassion in rare occasions.

History: (Will be sent soon.)

Moves: Dragon Claw, Night Slash, Bulldoze, Giga Impact, Reversal
Profession: Warrior
Other: Absurdly, Lordus is afraid of fire, despite being resistant to it.

Last edited:

StinkomanFan

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Alright, when is this thing gonna start? I'm just itching for something to happen...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The return of the cranky, delusional EK! And his old, cranky, character!

Name: Boston Mikkelson

Appearance:
Mikkelson is a physically imposing person. Very fit for his age, Mikkelson measures in at six feet, four inches tall and weighs two-hundred and three pounds. Mikkelson has a worn out face, slightly wrinkled and scarred, along with a grey stubble beard and moustache combination. Mikkelson's eyes are a dull blue, and appear to have a look that is tired and desperate for a break. Mikkelson sports a grey crew cut on top of his head, and despite lots of ribbing, Mikkelson refuses to get it dyed or treated.

Mikkelson wears two sets of clothing, his civilian/undercover clothes, and his military uniform. His civilian clothes consist of a plain black, two piece suit, with a white undershirt, black tie and black dress shoes. His military uniform starts off with a black undershirt, camo officer's jacket and two arm bands with the HR logo and Mikkelson's rank on the bands. Mikkelson's uniform consists also of camo cargo pants, and black combat boots that seem to fit perfectly inside the a**es of incompetent soldiers.

Mikkelson also has a couple of articles that stay with him through both outfits. A gold watch, which Mikkelson has owned for over twenty years, stays on his wrist at all times. Mikkelson has one tattoo, which is "100+" written in ink on Mikkelson's left arm, a reference to the amount of confirmed kills Mikkelson has gotten during his military service.

Personality:
Boston Mikkelson is reckless, bold and stubborn. His blunt attitude draws the ire and awe of both his allies and enemies, often displaying his "never say die" morals and solid work ethic. Mikkelson is very headstrong and is never the one to give up on what he believes is right, often bringing the respected officer into trouble. Mikkelson is a influential leader, and carries leadership aspects with him. Mikkelson has no fears remaining, and is up to any challenge, no matter how difficult the challenges may be. Mikkelson is a Military expert, and has tons of skill and experience on the battlefield. Mikkelson is called "wise", but no one is sure if he lives up to that outside of the Battlefield. Mikkelson has a relatively unorthodox view on how the way things work, and doesn't really have any faith in the human race, preferring the " Survival of the fittest" that seems to work for the Pokemon. Even as he inches closer to old age, Mikkelson trains to be in peak physical condition, and can outrun and out-muscle many of the younger Soldiers in the HR Army. Mikkelson is adept at finding the enemy's weaknesses and is also skilled at exploiting the aformentioned weaknesses. Mikkelson is a expert when it comes to firing a weapon, no matter what model the weapon is. Mikkelson often speaks in a stern and commanding voice, his voice and mere presence forcing you to listen to what the war veteran has to say. On the outside, Mikkelson appears as the cold, calculated, emotionless killer yet secretly, Mikkelson is done with war, and the pressures of the sights he has seen, along with being a high-ranking officer, have Mikkelson close to breaking down.

History (Events that took place in your character's past. Please send this to me in a Private Message, secrets play a big role in this RP: -----------

Specialization: Soldier

Preferred Weapon:

-H&K G36c
-S&W .44 Revolver
-Smoke Grenades
-Combat Knife
-Grappling Hook

Other:
Don't use his first name, ever. It is either Mikkelson, or (Insert Rank) Mikkelson. However, if you WANT to piss him off then go ahead.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Well to be fair, it's the Pokémon equivalent of 1980, so I'm not quite sure you can take from our own 1980. I don't even know what a G36C is, but I imagine it's possible to have been made, especially if the tech' of the world is more focused on weaponry and the like, rather than transportation.

In fact, here's part of the opening post:

"The technology available for humans is roughly equivalent to the technology you will find today, except for transport. You have your smartphones, laptops and motion sensing mines, along with automatics and semi automatics, but the standard issue for the average soldier is the trusty AK-47 along with a hunting knife."

So yeah, a G3whateveritis should be available to people :P I think we're just focusing too much on the year and putting it in the same box as -our- 1980.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Wait, really? Then I can't for the life of me see why a nation with modern technology would want to use an AK-47 as their standard issue rifle, unless they happen to be like the equivalent to Somalia in terms of wealthiness.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Exams over! I'm a free man now!

@Elite Killer: Accepted! Welcome back to War. xD If you want to be the leader, it's fine, he can become the leader of the HR.

@Typh: Already PMed you about the history. Also, the whole "can summon power similar to Suicune" is a bit owerpowered imo, so it'd be better if you edited that out. So until then, Pending.

@Ray Maverick, Kawaii Pikachu: So far so good. Only history left now!

@Shinysweety: It's okay, while I plan to start soon, we'll wait for your SU.

@StinkomanFan: As soon as one or two more humans finish their SUs, we'll begin.

@EGKangaroo: I'ma be honest, I don't know much about guns myself. xD I was always a more melee human in both the RPs. But there's a reason for there being AK-47s as a basic gun, and that's because of availability. Remember the war started pretty suddenly so there was an almost instantaneous demand for guns.

Also, there seems to a bit of confusion concerning the beginning of the war. I apologize if it wasn't really clear in the OP, but the war has just been announced, it hasn't started yet. So please refrain from adding anything about attacking a Pokemon/Human outpost in your histories, the war will officially kick off once I start the RP. Again, sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Year is 1980; has a G36C.
I don't even.
He said that human technology is equivalent to real life right now, so I went with it, I'll change it if needed.

Also, as leader, am I in charge of just the army, or the entire HR as well?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
He said that human technology is equivalent to real life right now, so I went with it, I'll change it if needed.

Also, as leader, am I in charge of just the army, or the entire HR as well?

Complete HR, so to say, but only full control of the army. Otherwise it's pretty much divided with second in commands.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
@-DeepImpact- That's understandable. I don't know much about guns myself either, but I've probably been pavlovically conditioned to think that an AK-47, in use by a modern, first-world nation as a standard issue rifle, is unacceptable from this other site I frequent where wars are roleplayed, well, on a daily basis. But to shamelessly steal a paragraph (or two; this guy wrote like 12 of them in his full version) of text from another roleplaying website that deals with incorrect AK-47 usage:
The AK-47 was designed in 1946 and formally adopted by the Soviet military in 1949. There were four models used between 1947 and 1959: The AK-47 was the test and trials designation for the rifle: the earlier prototypes, made in 1946, were referred to as the AK-1 and AK-2. After the adoption of the rifle, it was designated simply as the "AK". However, due to three variants of the AK being made, it is more proper to refer to these variants as the "AK Type-#" rather than just "AK" as the three variants differed quite significantly from one another. Due to that, the term "AK" has more or less become a catch-all for just about all AK variants, and does not necessarily refer to one specific model. The Type-I, adopted in late 1948, featured an early, stamped receiver, but it was quickly (and I mean quickly) replaced by the Type-II AK in 1949. This featured a milled receiver, a stock boot, and some other small, yet somewhat significant changes. The Type-III is the most common "AK-47," and it is basically just a milled predecessor of the rifle you should be using. What rifle is that?

Enter the AKM.

The AKM is the modernized version of the Type-III assault rifle. It utilizes a stamped receiver, reinforced receiver cover, slanted muzzle brake, vented gas block, and a rear sight leaf showing distances of 100m to 1,000m among other things. In reality, it is only acceptably accurate out to 300m on a good day. The AKM is the most widespread AK variant in the world. Almost every foreign-made AK (Yugoslavian, Hungarian, Polish, etc) variant in the world is based off of the AKM. Why? It's more reliable and just as accurate as the original AKs, not to mention much cheaper to produce. It is the Kalashnikov rifle. They come in a variety of, well, variants, which include models with forward, wooden grips, underfolding MP40-style stocks, side-folding wire stocks, and, of course, fixed, wooden stocks. They fire the 7.62x39mm cartridge. Folding-stocked AKMs are designated as AKMS.
To summarise this drivel, the AKM is cheaper to produce, and it's better than the AK-47. If there's need to acquire weapons quickly, then the AKM will be more readily available and cheaper to use in an unforeseen conflict than the milled version of it.

So, yeah.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Complete HR, so to say, but only full control of the army. Otherwise it's pretty much divided with second in commands.

Complete HR? MILITARY DICTATORSHIP, F*** YEA!

In all seriousness though, can I bestow the military with emergency powers? Request 1 out of 69 million

@-DeepImpact- That's understandable. I don't know much about guns myself either, but I've probably been pavlovically conditioned to think that an AK-47, in use by a modern, first-world nation as a standard issue rifle, is unacceptable from this other site I frequent where wars are roleplayed, well, on a daily basis. But to shamelessly steal a paragraph (or two; this guy wrote like 12 of them in his full version) of text from another roleplaying website that deals with incorrect AK-47 usage:
To summarise this drivel, the AKM is cheaper to produce, and it's better than the AK-47. If there's need to acquire weapons quickly, then the AKM will be more readily available and cheaper to use in an unforeseen conflict than the milled version of it.

So, yeah.

official.jpg

This explains everything

Last edited:

StinkomanFan

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Does that mean my OC can use a flintlock pistol? Because I'm having the best time imagining a steampunk silencer, EK.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Welp. The part of my SU that goes here is done.

I hope to have the history to you by the weeks end. (Emphasis on hope)

Hey EK! Awaiting orders.

Back