• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Important information regarding Tabletop Games

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I have some rather sad news for the regulars here.

This has been a discussion long in the works, but we came to a conclusion a little while ago. This forum will be closing. In 48 hours after this notice is posted, the forum will be archived. Anyone who is still interested in the fandoms (Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic the Gathering, and so on and so forth) should create a fanclub (with the sole purpose being trading cards; for example, a group for Yu-Gi-Oh! [Trading Card Game] would be separate from a group on Yu-Gi-Oh!.) in Fan Clubs & Groups and discuss what you once discussed here in their respective clubs.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to respond to this thread.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I do in fact have a suggestion! (:

I was thinking, the Fan Clubs forum is fine and all, but it seems to me that since Tabletop games are a form of entertainment, they fit somewhat better in the General Entertainment forum! I can fairly assume that this forum is being closed down due to inactivity, so merging this forum's focus (not the threads) with the General Entertainment forum, would both boost this forum's topic and that forum's activity (not that it needs a boost but still!).

It just seems to me that having tabletop games discussed in a forum where more than one thread can be posted about a certain topic, each with a more specific focus, would make it easier to navigate you know?

Besides, it seems kinda right to have music, tv, and tabletop games in the same forum! 2cents~

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The main reason that FCG (these new acronyms will take a while to get used to!) was thought of as a better place for the old TTG topics was that it's become clear that while there aren't many members who wish to talk about cards and tabletop games, those that do are very passionate about doing so. With a Club environment, there can be dedicated threads about a particular series (whether it be Yu-Gi-Oh or Magic or even something as generic as Chess or Monopoly) that can be used to talk about anything related to that particular game. This obviously would mean fewer individual threads, but it will hopefully result in threads that get a wide array of responses, as opposed to the current system of lots of poorly-posted in threads.

The h-staff did consider merging TTG with Video Games, but it was considered that moving the threads to a new place would not make video games discussion more active; it would just be putting a band-aid over a problem by shuffling it around, rather than treating the underlying condition of general inactivity.

Thanks for the comments, though. Like we've been saying, we really do appreciate feedback. :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Would general threads about tabletop games (not dedicated to any game in particular) go in General Entertainment or the Chit-Chat forum? 'Cause FG works fine for discussions spanning one game and all aspects of it but a poll about your favourite board game or pen-and-paper RPG isn't enough to merit a whole club but no longer has a recognizable home.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Considering the main form of thread in this section is deck reviewing threads, would that really work in a club? It'd be very difficult to give fair attention to every deck posted here in one thread and a lot would most likely end up getting looked over, especially if there are three or four detailed analysis's going on at once along with discussions about the franchise. I know they're not the most active of threads, but they certainly do perform a niche that a handful of members are dedicated to. Sure it isn't the role of a Pokémon forum to provide this kind of discussion, but I think it suits a chunk of the forum's audience very well and it seems a shame to remove it.

Back