• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shattered Era [T] (OOC/SU)

Should players be allowed to have characters on both sides of the conflict?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Funfact: A psychic type such as Gallade is given max boosts in all stats, through baton pass or acupressure. Thus takes about 20 turns. That Gallade then uses Stored Power. In this unlikely, but possible situation, Stored Power's base power is just over 1200.

With that picture in your head, looking forward to seeing what sort of characters the others make. The Mechanists are going to be a ragtag band of misfits to rival a Fire Emblem game, I can tell.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
And the Knights are more or less gonna be a very 'protect the innocent'-focused kind of Star Wars Empire.

Also, since you had to throw out big numbers.
Caedmon, what does the scouter say about the Gallade's power level?
IT'S OVER TWELVE HUNDREEEEEED
WHAT, TWELVE HUNDRED

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Y'know... This character I had in mind won't work here. :( Not the right setting. I'll have to wait for another roleplay to come along.

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Fine. He can have it. I really don't care. If I suddenly decide to join again I'll just settle for knight, ect.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@ShadowTheDarkrai I'll take it that your dismissing your reservation. Alright then, the position for the second Knight-Commander is open once again. If at any time you want to join again we're all open.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I was hoping to see that Kefka Palazzo style of pokemon. I mean, I really really hate Kefka and her obsession with terra. Kind of makes me want to look forward, but na'w. He's gone.

Anyway, Aggron is a big tank. The knights probably would have a hard time against him.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Oooppss/ Sorry about that. My mistake. I forgot that kefka is a he. Sorry... Went out of my mind. But hey, he looks pretty... uhmmm.. crazy old woman to me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I feel like I'm like a ghost here ^^ sorry for not partaking in the discussion much. Been studying.

Anyways, I guess I could have Ribibin be a Knight-Commander... if it wasn't for her being a female xD

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Well honestly, you -could- have her be a commander, but it would be a very, very rare case. If you can make up some kind of specific reason for her to have rose to a Commander-position, then for me (You'd still have to ask Greig xP) you could do it!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Nah, I don't think it would fit her character ^^ being full with suppressed anger towards bullying males and all. Let's hope someone else comes by and wants to be the Knight-Commander.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alright, fair enough :3 Just wanted to give you the opportunity to have a shot at the Commander post. I do quite like that there are some of you who wants to be the 'grunts'.

I say 'grunts' like that because nobody is more important than others IC'ly, so it's not really a bad position :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I know ;) I'm not sure that I'd do a good job in some kind of leading position in this setting anyways, so being a 'grunt' is totally fine~

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
I certainly would love to, but Greiger said that if we won't to double-up, we have to have both characters on the same side. Y'know, so that we don't fight ourselves.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Yeah, I'm still sticking with both characters on the same side. I've seen RPs where a player makes characters on opposing sides and the players will fight all the enemies except the one they control. It can be hard when you come face to face with yourself and if you do make a good battle scene it ends up killing one of your characters that you worked so hard to build up during the RP. I want to avoid you guys being put in that situation as it is a hard decision to work out as to who lives and who dies, especially when both characters have grown throughout the RP.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Yeah, I'm still sticking with both characters on the same side. I've seen RPs where a player makes characters on opposing sides and the players will fight all the enemies except the one they control. It can be hard when you come face to face with yourself and if you do make a good battle scene it ends up killing one of your characters that you worked so hard to build up during the RP. I want to avoid you guys being put in that situation as it is a hard decision to work out as to who lives and who dies, especially when both characters have grown throughout the RP.

Lol, I think it's pretty okay if the characters are on different sides d: Because it makes it easier to write battle posts, and prevent god modding because you are the one responsible for your own characters. And if they die, it is your choice anyways, so no problems with that.

As for facing such a thing, it's not NECESSARY that one has to die in a battle. There are many ways to prevent a fight or stop it. There is a difference between 'losing' and 'dying' in these situations. So yeah, that's my 2 cents on this matter :] /shot for tl;dr response

Also, I'm going to end up trying for an Infiltrator spot, I guess. Seems interesting, and I'm thinking about playing the stereotypical Pokemon for a spy but make him an unconventional one. Kind of like a misfit for the job d: Hopefully that should be okay lol.

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
I'm feeling left out... *cricket chirps

So, about making 2 characters. I actually wanted to do so, but I think it would be a bad idea because it would be a headache for both the maker of the characters and other RPers. Though it wouldn't mind having 'unique' characters too. (KEFKA FTW! lol)

Well, I was thinking about one thing, which I wanted to ask you guys. You don't HAVE to answer, just a trivia. lol Anyways,

So far, who do you think from the existing characters could become a rival to YOUR character?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Hey guys. I've been having trouble working out a character/SU I'm happy with, so I'm going to withdraw my reservation for now. Sorry.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
As for facing such a thing, it's not NECESSARY that one has to die in a battle. There are many ways to prevent a fight or stop it. There is a difference between 'losing' and 'dying' in these situations. So yeah, that's my 2 cents on this matter :] /shot for tl;dr response

I have to agree with this. I think some characters (Ken included) are willing to show some mercy to the opposite side, too. (It would probably be more natural to the ones who already typically show a sense of chivalry.)

Last edited:
Back