• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A water theme, perhaps?

Years
Well... that's interesting--actually just thought of something related, a water version of White Forest/Black City! :3 Well, since there's the whole ice theme and such, and that water is kinda hinted to by everything... I think it'd be a nice overall exclusive thing. Maybe one version could have water on top, and the other version can have water belowwww, or the remains of the ruins there!

What can I say, I have an interesting mind! XDD

I think it would just be a cool theme to have element based towns/cities/forests.​

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well I'd only want a water one based on the opposite versions. The other "elements" aren't really related, but a new water city based on your version? Yes plz. Also possibly we might get access to new "islands" if there really is a water theme, perhaps that's where the city could be found, or at least under those.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
I really like the theme of a more water-based Unova map :) I missed surfing everywhere with an HM slave. An underwater city would be interesting or a sunken forest. I hope there's some type of sea floor to be explored, that was one of my favorite features in R/S. <3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A sunken forest...? What do you mean by that? Sorta a forest half covered by water? Because omg, that'd be amazing. Sure it'd be due to global warming or something, but it'd give your character some sort of urgency as well as provide a nice place to capture different Pokemon. :3

Years
Maybe so, it wouldn't fit but I like the idea! XD

A half/flooded forest would be cool. Or a frozen one, which would tie into the main legendary? IDK.​

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Could be entirely underneath, tbh. You could have a kinda port-hole thing to come up through and between...?

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
This all seems very interesting. The idea of underwater towns is a wonderful one, and tbh Undella was a pretty boring town in any time but summer...the only cool thing was the summer music. The Riches were dumb, and I wouldnt mind that city being replaced with some sort of port.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
IDK... underwater towns seem something surreal and bizarre... something that would fit in much better in Hoenn...

I just want another beachfront resort... this time with a villa you can actually purchase and furnish... like in Platinum, only with a prime waterfront location.

Surf is fine as an HM that is used regularly... it's having to use multiple water-based HM's (Waterfall, Dive, etc.) that it becomes really annoying.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Surf is fine as an HM that is used regularly... it's having to use multiple water-based HM's (Waterfall, Dive, etc.) that it becomes really annoying.
As much as I'd love a more watery themed game, I do have this nagging concern that I'm going to need a Water-HM-Slave with Surf and Dive and Waterfall and Whirpool and who knows what else. Hopefully it'll be just Surf and (maybe) Dive, if BW2 does become very water-based.

blue

gucci
Years
I think there is a high abundance of water going by what we've seen so far & also are we getting more gameplay/information tonight on Pokémon Smash?

Years
I can only guess...I think it is a swim suit, because there's this theatre, that it looks like its going to be a side quest and there's tons of water in a scene. And also, it could be a swim suit because of Shizui's gym.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As much as I'd love a more watery themed game, I do have this nagging concern that I'm going to need a Water-HM-Slave with Surf and Dive and Waterfall and Whirpool and who knows what else. Hopefully it'll be just Surf and (maybe) Dive, if BW2 does become very water-based.

Nah I doubt Whirlpool will be necessary. Doesn't seem like something they'd throw into Route 17/18 (the main water location). Still have a feeling Surf will be used more!

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Whirpool is most likely exclusive HM for gens 2 and 4. I doubt it will be as HM in gen 5.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Thank goodness.... Whirlpool was dreadful in battle.

Still unsure on whether I'm for or against the whole water thing... it's all going to depend on how much more water there is (and how many of those godawful speedo-wearing male Swimmers we have to deal with) and how it's implemented. I liked Unova for its more urban setting, and adding water might ruin that feel that the region had in B/W.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So the fact that Plasma are in fact on a boat with a conflict... doesn't that further hint to a water theme? Kinda makes sense why the male protagonist is wearing a bathing suit then, maybe he swims there...?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Honestly I don't see a water theme going on anymore. I think the games will lead more to frozen lands than water anyway. Plus two years later, maybe Unova became more relaxing and a great place to chill/take a vacation at as opposed to the storyline being based around water. Maybe there will be more to do at sea, but honestly based on the protagonists all I can think of is summer and the beach and this is how Unova's region formed out to be like. Which many people would like, no doubt. Needs moar cityyyyy though.

Back