• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen How and when do you plan to get the games?

Have you Pre-Ordered Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?

• Yep!

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Nope, I'll just pick up a copy in store.

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I'll pre-order one of the games if there's enough space for more pre-orders, since I still don't know what version should I get.

They overprice videogames in Mexico, but I think I have enough money saved up for the game.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
I already have them both preordered. *-* Hopefully my gamestop will do a midnight release (I don't think they have in the past, but I do believe they opened early on pokemon day...).

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
It's what, $40? No planning needed

I'll just be buying Pokemon Y the day it comes out no crazy saving up or holiday occasion money needed. & I thought I was poor O_o

Years
I have not decided which one I will buy but I will pre-order it!!
I cannot wait!!!!!! I bought a 3DS XL so I am ready haha

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
i want to buy both >o< because what can i do only with one D: its like have part 2 and dont part 1 oAo ....also want kh e-e but ksjadha im poor u,u ill get money D: lets bake!! D:!!

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
Tbh, I'm losing interest in X/Y because lack of news, so I don't see myself getting the games exactly, since I haven't actually owned a legit copy of the series since gen 2...

But all in all, I would want X in a few years or something, you know, so the original price goes down.

blue

gucci
Years
Pre-Orders

Pokemon-X_us.png
Pokemon-Y_us.png

Now that we're only a few months off the release date and more retailers are taking pre orders, have you pre ordered Pokemon X or Y yet?
Do you think there will be any pre order bonuses or promotions closer to the release?
Discuss!

Last edited:

Apricots

Cream Puff
Years
I haven't decided if I want to preorder or not. I don't even have a 3DS.
I usually do if there's a preorder bonus of some kind but that doesn't seem to be a popular thing to do anymore. ;n;

Last edited:
Years
I haven't pre-ordered my copy yet, but I will be pre-ordering closer to the release. Pokemon games never had pre-order bonuses, but I'm pretty sure there will be a special pokemon event that we can get for around a week or two after release.

Apricots

Cream Puff
Years
I haven't pre-ordered my copy yet, but I will be pre-ordering closer to the release. Pokemon games never had pre-order bonuses, but I'm pretty sure there will be a special pokemon event that we can get for around a week or two after release.

Plenty have had preorder bonuses actually, though not all in North America. I have the Giratina figure from Platinum, in fact.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I did put money into reserving a copy of both games, if that counts. I did that not for any of the bonuses, but to insure that I can secure them.

Last time that I bought a game that came out, the retailers said that if I hadn't come early, they wouldn't have sold it to me. This happened when I tried to buy B2 & W2.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
The bonuses usually kind of suck. The coolest ones (here in the US at least) were the little statues. I got my hands on the Giratina, Lugia and Arceus ones.

I haven't pre-ordered yet, which is odd as I usually do right around the time they announce the games, or as soon as you can pre-order them. Both legendaries look really cool in my book, and I can't seem to pick one over the other. So that alone is making it hard for me to choose which copy. I think as soon as I find out more about the typings of these two and just more about the games in general, I'll go pre-order.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I don't really see the point of pre-order as my town game stores do not do the pre-order bonuses. if there was bonuses I would defo pre-order it closer to the time of release.

tnfsf11

If was living in the USA/Europe I would have pre-ordered, but since I live in the middle east ordering online will be very expensive, mainly because of the shipment fees.
I will probably wait till someone travels to the USA/Europe to get me the games & the 3DS, or even better get me a bundle containing the two.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I will definetly pre-order but I'm not in a huge rush to. There is still 6 and a half months to go.. and need to buy a 3DS first. So I'll wait till Summer when I actually have a job to do all that xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I haven't pre-ordered yet. I usually wait for more pre-order bonuses to be announced before I make my decision on where I'll pick up the game.

Back